President Trump and First Lady have tested positive for Virus (Update: Trump to undergo televised ‘medical exam’ Friday night) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

The President got airlifted to the hospital, stayed for three days, was injected with "experimental medications," left against medical advice gasping and wincing in pain, for you. And what he has learned from not already dying because he had a team of doctors monitoring him around the clock is that it's just the flu after all.

He's basically saved the dumbest and most reckless stuff of his POTUS term for last.

You know, Don, you can have the flu AND C19 at the same time. "Far less lethal" my arse.

The President got airlifted to the hospital, stayed for three days, was injected with "experimental medications," left against medical advice gasping and wincing in pain, for you. And what he has learned from not already dying because he had a team of doctors monitoring him around the clock is that it's just the flu after all.

He's basically saved the dumbest and most reckless stuff of his POTUS term for last.

We knew this is exactly what he would do. Every day this guy lives makes us dumber an sends us further down the rabbit hole. His minions will be emboldened like never before.

And he's lying about flu - like he lies about literally everything he ever talks about.

According to CDC, the highest flu death count the US has had in the last decade is 61K ('17-'18), and the highest below that was 51K, with the average appearing somewhere in the low 30Ks.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.html
    I've heard a couple of comparisons today to the flu using the number of deaths, but the number of deaths we've had from a flu season is not a good comparison to Covid, because we've never taken such drastic measures to prevent the spread of the flu since the 1918 Spanish Flu. Even with vaccinations, we typically get 10s of millions of people infected with the flu every year, but the mortality rate of the flu is far lower than Covid. Even though we're getting better at treating Covid, the mortality rate today in the U.S. is about 4%, which is about 40 times higher than the typical flu mortality. Covid is much more contagious and deadly than the flu, so if we had not taken drastic measures, instead of 210k dead, we'd probably stand at 4% of 100 to 300M people dead, so we'd probably have from 4 to 12M dead. Now, if we started measuring mortality from today, after learning a lot about how to treat Covid, then the mortality rate of Covid may be much closer to the flu, since I suspect we'll get the mortality rate down to closer to 1%, but that is still much higher than the flu. Even now, without drastic measures, 1% of our population would result in over 3M dead. We're getting close to a vaccine, and we're better at treating it, which is why all of the precautions that bought us time were worthwhile. If we get through the winter with continued drastic measures, and the medicines work, then I think we'll be okay to return to normalcy by next Spring. This nonsense from Trump about not fearing the virus and not letting it dominate us is bad advice. We do need to fear the virus until early next year.

That’s...not quite true.

N95 provides a greater level of protection but best case application only puts it at 95%.

My other half missed the first 6 months of our nephews life because she was occasionally helping float into the overflow covid ward despite N95 usage. Reason being because it is specifically not some bulletproof mechanism. It provides a significantly greater level of protection, but if you are trapped in a hermetically sealed car for an extended period of time, with only an N95 mask, that’s not going to immunize you.
    I agree. I thought the protection by N95 masks was much higher than 95%, but I wasn't aware of the hermetic sealing in that SUV, so the virus was probably recirculating in the car, which means that those agents probably have a high chance of exposure. It will be interesting to track whether those agents get sick within a week, and who they may sicken.

Yes, because that’s the problem here.. ’The election cycle’ is the problem... Becuase things for the last 4 years, prior to the election cycle, were so great and normal.

Oh, it's more than that no doubt. There is a certain guy that gets the lion's share of responsibility for the political mess we're in. Heh.

We really need the :covri: emote in the thumbs section. :hihi:

I agree. I thought the protection by N95 masks was much higher than 95%, but I wasn't aware of the hermetic sealing in that SUV, so the virus was probably recirculating in the car, which means that those agents probably have a high chance of exposure. It will be interesting to track whether those agents get sick within a week, and who they may sicken.

Not that I'm defending the mini parade he did, but I'm pretty sure that recirculating air gets filtered, for obvious security reasons. So I imagine they took the necessary precautions.

That said, the parade was entirely unnecessary and a really bad look imo.

‘Americans are stupid people by and large. We pretty much believe what we’re told.’ and ‘The bigger the lie the more they believe.’

- Bunk Moreland

Not that I'm defending the mini parade he did, but I'm pretty sure that recirculating air gets filtered, for obvious security reasons. So I imagine they took the necessary precautions.

That said, the parade was entirely unnecessary and a really bad look imo.
    We know the vehicle is hermetically sealed to deal with chemical attacks. What we don't know is what kind of filter the vehicle has to recirculate the inside air. No idea if it is a HEPA filter or standard automotive grade.

Either way, it was a risk.

I actually don't think most people believe what they're seeing and hearing. They are just beyond caring at this point.
    You don't spend enough time with true believers. There are some very simple folks out there that eat this up.

So, from anonymous sources, so buyer beware, the President evidently decided at some point that as long as everyone around him was tested, he didn’t have to test. And he decided that a negative test meant they didn’t have to mask, or be socially distant because they were all safe.

What he understands about the virus and science wouldn’t even fill a thimble. It’s truly extreme ignorance and lack of understanding of just about everything.

So this doesn’t sound great for national security.

You don't spend enough time with true believers. There are some very simple folks out there that eat this up.

Oh, trust me, I do. She's a recently retired lady who comes over every other weekend to watch football with us. She loves all things Trump, is a Gateway Pundit and Orly Taitz true believer. And she drives me batshit when she starts spewing all the stuff she reads. Nothing I say is gonna convince her.

I just try to avoid the topic when she comes over, heh.

That said, she's the oddball out of all the friends I have here. I know other Trump supporters who don't believe a thing he says, but they think even less of Democrats. They know they're being lied to, but they don't care.

Trump has decided, apparently, that he’s done with having the virus. Much like he decided in April that he was done with dealing with the pandemic.

Oh, it's more than that no doubt. There is a certain guy that gets the lion's share of responsibility for the political mess we're in. Heh.

And to be fair, when it comes to the Obese Orange Toddler, ’the election cycle’ is pretty much a perpetual thing that never ends.. Kinda scary to think what he will do if he wins next month and doesnt need to worry about reelection.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom