Pence / Does he have ANY chance? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Mike Pence seems to be laying the groundwork for a presidential run.
    His plan apparently is to try to tie himself to the policies that were/are popular with Republican voters....yet...
    greatly distance himself from former President Trump.
    Hmmmm.
    Good luck with that.

Last edited:
    Pence is almost as charismatic as toenail fungus. Maybe not actively repellent like Hillary but CHA is definitely his dump stat.
    I haven't seen DeSantis give a stump speech but right now, nobody but Trump can generate any excitement nationally.

Pence has NO chance to be the next President....but this thread is the logical place to display this online article:

Pence has NO chance to be the next President....but this thread is the logical place to display this online article:
    I just posted this in the thread about the investigation. It’s such a punk move. He wrote a book, and gave interviews promoting said book, have the stones to tell what happened under oath.

Ok, Mikey, here’s the deal…TESTIFY. He won’t because he knows that whatever slim chance he thinks he has will be gone. Yes, he did do what he was supposed to do on Jan. 6. Beyond that? He packed his moral courage up and stuck it in the closet.

Ok, Mikey, here’s the deal…TESTIFY. He won’t because he knows that whatever slim chance he thinks he has will be gone. Yes, he did do what he was supposed to do on Jan. 6. Beyond that? He packed his moral courage up and stuck it in the closet.

He is the worst kind, a coward that only speaks up when he thinks it impacts his political future. All the while espousing to "Christian values and morals" not a word against Trump until he thinks it will help him politically.....what a buffoon.....

He has no shot. He is trying to grab the moderate vote but his idea of middle has no voters. Trumpers hate him, Trumper haters hate him because of Trump. Who exactly does he think will vote for him? He might pull a few of the new recently dems turned independent. I see his presidential campaign go about like Harris. Won't even make it out of the primaries
    I doubt he would get left leaning independents, but he could attract right leaning independents. Pence’s policies don’t dovetail with left leaning voters. Just because he certified the election, which any normal politician should do, regardless of the party, won’t win you voters, unless the alternate is a non-democratic polítician. By that I mean someone who doesn’t believe in democracy.

“But history will have to do it without me because I’m too chickenshirt to testify”
    ==================

In a speech Saturday night, former vice president Mike Pence delivered what amounted to his strongest rebuke of Donald Trump to date, criticizing the former president for his role in the lead-up to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol as well as attempts to rewrite the history of that day.
“President Trump was wrong,” Pence said.

“I had no right to overturn the election. And his reckless words endangered my family and everyone at the Capitol that day. And I know that history will hold Donald Trump accountable.”

Pence says Trump and DeSantis are wrong...
    They are. Ridiculously, dangerously wrong.

Pence is not going away or losing heart.
    He is giving 100%
    This article makes reference to Pence's desire for America to continue to give aid and support to Ukraine.
    This is in contrast to Trump and many other "America First" conservatives.
    @Snarky Sack
    Didn't Trump "praise" Putin in the past.
    You have Trump's image next to your user name so I'll let you address my question if you
    wish.

He is giving 100%
    This article makes reference to Pence's desire for America to continue to give aid and support to Ukraine.
    @Snarky Sack
    You have Trump's image next to your user name so I'll let you address my question if you
    wish.

@Snarky Sack , I appreciate that you interact in a seemingly tireless manner with the posters on this forum. In the past, those same posters focused on me. I felt like it was 7 of them vs me and it was exhausting. I told them so and I often left them frustrated because I didn't respond to some of their posts.
    Yet you've come along and answer everything. If you post something and someone challenges you they DO get the satisfaction of reading your response to their critique of your post.
    So those are all positive things that I admire about you.
    But.......WHY do you support the candidate who is 1)Putin liking....2)morally bankrupt ......3)narcissistic.......and 4)unelectable in General Election.......Trump?
    Why?
    We conservatives need younger and higher quality leadership than him.
    Your support of him is part of our country's problem.
    You....just....make it worse.

He is giving 100%
    @Snarky Sack
    wish.

Happy to address the point. I get that Trump praising Putin upset a lot of Biden supporters and that they prefer Biden's criticisms of Putin. Here is my take on that:

Trump's approach to negotiations is much different from any other U.S. politician. Trump praises the foreign leaders that he negotiates with and gets what he wants out of them. One way he does that is to give them a way to save face. Most U.S. leaders prefer public bluster that interferes with negotiations but provides red meat to their supporters. Trump trusts his supporters to be smart enough to realize what he is doing.

Putin invaded the Crimea under Obama, and Ukraine under Biden, but no country that I know of under Trump. Biden publicly criticizes Putin, but he gave Putin the gift of authorizing the Nord Stream pipeline. At the time, he vowed to "bring an end to it" if Putin invaded Ukraine. He decline to answer how he would do that.

Say this for Biden: he apparently kept his word. Russia invaded, and an end was brought to the Nord Stream 2 in one of the worst ecological disasters in this decade. I hope no SEALs were harmed in getting that done.

I greatly prefer a president who praises a dictator to one who, as leader of the free world, watches Putin invade yet another smaller country, and then sends massive amounts of U.S. equipment and money with no particular plan for how that will get Russia out of Ukraine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom