Pence / Does he have ANY chance? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Mike Pence seems to be laying the groundwork for a presidential run.
    His plan apparently is to try to tie himself to the policies that were/are popular with Republican voters....yet...
    greatly distance himself from former President Trump.
    Hmmmm.
    Good luck with that.

Last edited:
    No, Pence has zero chance IMO. He’s too tainted by supporting Trump through almost all of his term to attract people who have a realistic view of Trump and the Trumpists consider him a traitor for not breaking our election system.

No, Pence has zero chance IMO. He’s too tainted by supporting Trump through almost all of his term to attract people who have a realistic view of Trump and the Trumpists consider him a traitor for not breaking our election system.

I think at least for me, he will be the only politician that knowingly (and quite literally) put party before family. He reportedly had both his wife and daughter with him in the Capital as it was being overrun....unbelievable really....one would think he would want to do something to the person responsible for threatening his family.....it is truly bizarre what the Republican party has become....

Well, he did put party before country repeatedly. But I can’t agree he was the only one. As more information comes out each day, I think we will find there were quite a few Rs who actively participated in trying to overthrow the 2020 election. That knew about “Green Bay Sweep” ahead of time, that looked the other way when Trump corruptly pardoned his cronies to keep them from testifying against him.

Well, he did put party before country repeatedly. But I can’t agree he was the only one. As more information comes out each day, I think we will find there were quite a few Rs who actively participated in trying to overthrow the 2020 election. That knew about “Green Bay Sweep” ahead of time, that looked the other way when Trump corruptly pardoned his cronies to keep them from testifying against him.

Almost all Repubs put party before country (with way too few exceptions).....but party before actual family? that is a different level of cultist behavior.....that's my point, I have zero respect for anyone that does that.....Pence will fade away at least that is my hope, leaders don't do that....

Almost all Repubs put party before country (with way too few exceptions).....but party before actual family? that is a different level of cultist behavior.....that's my point, I have zero respect for anyone that does that.....Pence will fade away at least that is my hope, leaders don't do that....
    Whoops, misread your post, sorry!

But Ted Cruz did come to mind - Trump saying nasty stuff about his wife and father, and he just didn’t care.

Pence has no charisma and would be nowhere on the national political stage if it weren't for the fact that he was the only semi-legitimate Republican willing to tie himself to a Trump presidency (before the GOP surrendered to Trump en masse and adopted his low brow demeanor).

If Trump runs, Trump wins the nomination hands down. If Trump doesn't run, it will just be a Trump proxy like DeSantis. I have zero illusion that a moderate, or at least traditional conservative, could win the GOP primary.

Pence has the political skill of Jeb Bush, but with less popular political positions.

Trumpers will never give Pence a chance, and neither will the never Trumpers, i can't believe that he's even trying to stay in politics.
    Agreed. I just pass this along for people's entertainment.

It’s shocking the amount of fealty that Pence has shown. If Trump had put my family in danger like that, I would have gone after him….but….Party over Family I guess….total and utter lunacy…..

He has no shot. He is trying to grab the moderate vote but his idea of middle has no voters. Trumpers hate him, Trumper haters hate him because of Trump. Who exactly does he think will vote for him? He might pull a few of the new recently dems turned independent. I see his presidential campaign go about like Harris. Won't even make it out of the primaries

He has no shot. He is trying to grab the moderate vote but his idea of middle has no voters. Trumpers hate him, Trumper haters hate him because of Trump. Who exactly does he think will vote for him? He might pull a few of the new recently dems turned independent. I see his presidential campaign go about like Harris. Won't even make it out of the primaries
    Holy I agree with @Farb.

This is odd b/c I think differently than most replies here. I think he checks a lot of boxes. Especially for those that would prefer to have laws specifically made for, and to favor christian/evangelical beliefs (or some warped version of it). Although as mentioned above, he doesn't have much charisma, but I don't think that would be that detrimental to types of voters he would attract. Then again, I don't think trump would throw his support towards him, since Pence didn't help overthrow the government for him, and apparently a lot of republicans are also angry about that as well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom