Pence / Does he have ANY chance? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Mike Pence seems to be laying the groundwork for a presidential run.
    His plan apparently is to try to tie himself to the policies that were/are popular with Republican voters....yet...
    greatly distance himself from former President Trump.
    Hmmmm.
    Good luck with that.

Last edited:
    Um, Mike? No time is your time. You did the right thing once now just quietly go away.

Unless I missed it every time Pence talked about the "right" thing he did it was always along the lines of "there was no way, avenue, or protocol to do what Trump was asking me to do"

Which to me always sounded like "I would have if I could have, but I couldn't have so I didn't"

Has he ever been more definitive than that?

"I didn't have the power to do what he was asking me to do. And even if I did have the power, even if I could have declared Trump the rightful winner I wouldn't have done it, because he did not win the election"

Last edited:
    Unless I missed it every time Pence talked about the "right" thing he did it was always along the lines of "there was no way, avenue, protocol to do what Trump was asking me to do"

Which to me always sounded like "I would have if I could have, but I couldn't have so I didn't"

Has he ever been more definitive than that?

"I didn't have the power to do what he was asking me to do. And even if I did have the power, even if I could have declared Trump the rightful winner I wouldn't have done it, because he did not win the election"
    Agree completely. No moral courage at all. And if the Velveeta Vulgarian™️ (props to Shower Cap’s blog) gets the nomination Pence will vote for him.

Agree completely. No moral courage at all. And if the Velveeta Vulgarian™️ (props to Shower Cap’s blog) gets the nomination Pence will vote for him.

Not sure what the phrase should be, but that would be way, way beyond "hold your nose and vote for Trump"

Even "Sold your soul for Trump" (which you can argue he's already done) doesn't seem adequate

Former Vice President Mike Pence told special counsel Jack Smith’s team that he tried to get someone else to certify the results of the 2020 presidential election because he did not want to upset former President Donald Trump, according to ABC News.

Pence, who may be called to testify at Trump’s D.C. election subversion trial scheduled to begin in March, told prosecutors that Trump surrounded himself with “crank” lawyers after his election loss that espoused “un-American” legal theories and nearly pushed the country into a “constitutional crisis,” sources told ABC News.

Pence told Smith’s team he was “sure” he informed Trump that he hadn’t seen evidence of significant election fraud but Trump continued to claim the election was “stolen.”

Prosecutors also obtained Pence’s personal notes that he took after meetings with Trump and others from the National Archives, according to the report.

One of the notes shows that Pence initially decided to skip the Jan. 6 certification of the election results.

"Not feeling like I should attend electoral count," Pence wrote. "Too many questions, too many doubts, too hurtful to my friend. Therefore I'm not going to participate in certification of election."............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom