Now is not the time to talk about gun control (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

On the day of this event Chuck Schumer said there would be a vote on gun control. He was going to force it. Then he backed down on Wednesday and did nothing. Isn’t he part of the problem? Demand a vote.

Anyone that knows me or has read my posts on firearms know I have been and remain in support of background checks, licensing, training and insurance be mandatory.

Anyone that knows me or has read my posts on firearms know I have been and remain in support of background checks, licensing, training and insurance be mandatory.

Yeah, just don't ban civilian versions of military weapons. I get it.

We’re you using an A1 or the common A2? And the reason I ask is most troops in 1968 were still using the M14 all the way up until around 1969.

"In 1983, the US Marine Corps adopted the M16A2 rifle and the US Army adopted it in 1986."

Now how the hell would we have been carrying the A2 in 1968?

Back to reality.

"What I Saw Treating the Victims From Parkland Should Change the Debate on Guns

They weren’t the first mass-shooting victims the Florida radiologist saw—but their wounds were radically different.​

Heather SherFebruary 22, 2018
    As I opened the CT scan last week to read the next case, I was baffled. The history simply read “gunshot wound.” I have been a radiologist in one of the busiest trauma centers in the United States for 13 years, and have diagnosed thousands of handgun injuries to the brain, lung, liver, spleen, bowel, and other vital organs. I thought that I knew all that I needed to know about gunshot wounds, but the specific pattern of injury on my computer screen was one that I had seen only once before.

In a typical handgun injury, which I diagnose almost daily, a bullet leaves a laceration through an organ such as the liver. To a radiologist, it appears as a linear, thin, gray bullet track through the organ. There may be bleeding and some bullet fragments.

I was looking at a CT scan of one of the mass-shooting victims from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, who had been brought to the trauma center during my call shift. The organ looked like an overripe melon smashed by a sledgehammer, and was bleeding extensively. How could a gunshot wound have caused this much damage?

The reaction in the emergency room was the same. One of the trauma surgeons opened a young victim in the operating room, and found only shreds of the organ that had been hit by a bullet from an AR-15, a semiautomatic rifle that delivers a devastatingly lethal, high-velocity bullet to the victim. Nothing was left to repair—and utterly, devastatingly, nothing could be done to fix the problem. The injury was fatal."

"In 1983, the US Marine Corps adopted the M16A2 rifle and the US Army adopted it in 1986."

Now how the hell would we have been carrying the A2 in 1968?
    I don't know. What I do know is that the Army adopted the M16A1 rifle in 1969. I have a memory of my grade school social studies teacher volunteering to go to war that year. He quit his job mid year and joined the Army departing to boot camp in early November.

After his boot camp experience was over he got leave and returned to my school where he met with us in a whole school assembly. He told us all about the M16 mentioning that the stock was made of plastic, but that it was a good strong plastic. All of us kids were a bit dubious about that plastic, it didn't seem right to us.

Then his leave ended and he was sent to Vietnam where he was killed in action just a few days after he arrived. We were notified of his death before that school year ended.

Even after a tragedy like this the GOP is "cold dead handing" it
    =========================================
    Florida lawmaker stirred controversy after he tweeted President Biden will "learn" if guns are taken away, less than a day following the shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, that left 19 children and two adults dead.

On Tuesday, Biden condemned the shooting hours after it happened, and urged Congress to pass "common-sense" gun laws. But the president's speech seemingly triggered Florida state Rep. Randy Fine, a Republican who fired off a tweet Wednesday that appeared to come across as a threat toward Biden.

"I have news for the embarrassment that claims to be our President—try to take our guns and you'll learn why the Second Amendment was written in the first place," said Fine, who represents part of Brevard County.

Democratic Congressman Eric Swalwell and legal analyst Joyce Alene took his comment as a threat, with the latter tagging Secret Service in a tweet.

"This is the language of fascism, not democracy. In a democracy, we don't threaten the president with guns (hi@SecretService) & we understand our rights must be balanced in a way that protects people," she wrote on Twitter.

However, Fine later denied it was a threat, and explained that he thought it was "inappropriate" for Biden to talk about gun control.

"If they are going to start this, they cannot expect us to sit silently while they try to strip our Second Amendment rights," Fine told reporters.............

I don't know. What I do know is that the Army adopted the M16A1 rifle in 1969.

I was issued an M16 in '67. The 1st Cav carried M16s at the battle of Ia Drang in 1965.

Ia Drang 1965:

ia-drang2.jpg

Last edited:
    Ted Cruz and his single door solution that has now been picked up by Fox News has absolutely broken my brain. Just unserious idiots. All of them.

You would think people who burn books would understand fire code.

I think the Army officially adopted the rifle in 1969, but a few units were using it in place of the M4 for a few years prior to that.

FSV4TBSCQ5AO3FAGSKT5SETOYM.jpg

I think the Army officially adopted the rifle in 1969, but a few units were using it in place of the M4 for a few years prior to that.

Like all the infantry units in Vietnam. Some Marine units went over with M14s very early, like '65, but almost every other new unit arrived with M16s. I'm talking after LBJ decided to go all in. Not back in the early 60s.

Even after a tragedy like this the GOP is "cold dead handing" it
    =========================================
    Florida lawmaker stirred controversy after he tweeted President Biden will "learn" if guns are taken away, less than a day following the shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, that left 19 children and two adults dead.

On Tuesday, Biden condemned the shooting hours after it happened, and urged Congress to pass "common-sense" gun laws. But the president's speech seemingly triggered Florida state Rep. Randy Fine, a Republican who fired off a tweet Wednesday that appeared to come across as a threat toward Biden.

"I have news for the embarrassment that claims to be our President—try to take our guns and you'll learn why the Second Amendment was written in the first place," said Fine, who represents part of Brevard County.

Democratic Congressman Eric Swalwell and legal analyst Joyce Alene took his comment as a threat, with the latter tagging Secret Service in a tweet.

"This is the language of fascism, not democracy. In a democracy, we don't threaten the president with guns (hi@SecretService) & we understand our rights must be balanced in a way that protects people," she wrote on Twitter.

However, Fine later denied it was a threat, and explained that he thought it was "inappropriate" for Biden to talk about gun control.

"If they are going to start this, they cannot expect us to sit silently while they try to strip our Second Amendment rights," Fine told reporters.............

Randy Fine is known for making dumb statements.

So again how do we define an AR. Since California banned them and then they were modified to fit compliance we need a definition that will stick. As I mentioned before I no longer have an AR since Sandy Hook so I am not being a smart arse here, I am literally trying to point out suggestions.
    I think muzzle velocity makes all the difference. You yourself pointed that out. That’s the difference between the 22 and the AR-15. That’s the difference between the small bullet wound, and swabbing for DNA to identify the victim because the head/face is gone. But you should know this, Semper. I’m honestly surprised you are acting like there isn’t a difference just because the size of the rounds are similar. Go read a medical forum where ED docs describe the damage done to the victims of these massacres. I mean, an 18 yo with no shooting experience doesn’t kill all those people with a 22. With an AR-15, it’s easy. You know this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom