Now is not the time to talk about gun control (7 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

The term "military style rifle", what does that mean to you?

It means just what it says. Civilian versions of military weapons where the only difference is they're semi-auto instead of being capable of switching to full auto. However, that capability is really irrelevant. What's relevant is the damage they do while on semi or full.

The following is going to be very graphic. Don't read if you think it might bother you.

......................................................................................................................................................

I personally took the upper skull off the head of an enemy soldier with one round from an M16. In case you aren't aware there's a lot of suggestive evidence that many of the children in Texas were shot in the head. What do you think the 5.56 round did to those kids?

Last edited:
    And yet the parents have to take DNA test to identify their children, I doubt this kind of damage could’ve been done with the 22

1. Dead is dead.
    2. The picture I posted, it's not a 22. It's a 9mm; and 9mm ammo comes in many flavors. including some that will make someone's head explode.

And what I posted is not even a rifle, BTW. It is a Glock 17 pistol inside a casing you can get for about $120, with no need for RFA or stamp.

1. Dead is dead.
    2. The picture I posted, it's not a 22. It's a 9mm; and 9mm ammo comes in many flavors. including some that will make someone's head explode.

And what I posted is not even a rifle, BTW. It is a Glock 17 pistol inside a casing you can get for about $120, with no need for RFA or stamp.
    This is NRA BS. "If you ban such and such they'll just use X, Y, or Z. "

For crying out loud, ban the AR15 and we can move on from there.

It means just what it says. Civilian versions of military weapons where the only difference is they're semi-auto instead of being capable of switching to full auto. However, that capability is really irrelevant. What's relevant is the damage they do while on semi or full.

The following is going to be very graphic. Don't read if you think it might bother you.

......................................................................................................................................................

I personally took the upper skull off the head of an enemy soldier with one round from an M16. In case you aren't aware there's a lot of suggestive evidence that many of the children in Texas were shot in the head. What do you think the 5.56 round did to those kids?
    I don’t know where you got that but I call bull. An 5.56 or a .223 makes a hole that is .22 in diameter, so smaller than a pin. It also has a typical weight of .55 grains. It does not have the mass to do that. It will actually make a hole and is designed to tumble once inside.

I don’t know where you got that but I call bull. An 5.56 or a .223 makes a hole that is .22 in diameter, so smaller than a pin. It also has a typical weight of .55 grains. It does not have the mass to do that. It will actually make a hole and is designed to tumble once inside.
    I got that on the edge of a dried up rice paddy at about 6:00 AM beside a small village near LZ Baldy in May of 1968.

I got that on the edge of a dried up rice paddy at about 6:00 AM beside a small village near LZ Baldy in May of 1968.
    We’re you using an A1 or the common A2? And the reason I ask is most troops in 1968 were still using the M14 all the way up until around 1969.

Define AR-15 please.

The AR actually stands for a model that Armalite Rifle which is the company that designed the rifle in the 1950’s.

Do you want to ban rifles that have magazines? What about a Ruger 10-22? That is a small rifle that many children and adults learn to shoot and use for target and rabbit hunting. It shoots a 22 caliber bullet and makes the exact size diameter hole as an AR-15 makes. You can also get a magazine that holds 100 rounds cheap. Now the difference is the 10-22 shoots a 22lr round that’s typically moving at 1100fps while the AR moves at about 3300fps. So a lot more energy.

So shall we ban this as well? How about hunting rifles that have magazines?

Now the reason I asked you to define an AR-15 is because many of the characteristics of an AR-15 are found in almost every semi auto rifle on the market. So if you want to ban it you need to define it in such a way it is easy to legislate. California tried to ban it, they changed the grip and it is now California compliant.
    Pure NRA crap.

We’re you using an A1 or the common A2? And the reason I ask is most troops in 1968 were still using the M14 all the way up until around 1969.
    I got what they issued all of us. It's in the picture on my posts.

And the reason I ask is most troops in 1968 were still using the M14 all the way up until around 1969.

That's complete BS. No one was using the M14 in 68 in Vietnam except the SF as a sniper rifle.

Last edited:
    Define AR-15 please.

The AR actually stands for a model that Armalite Rifle which is the company that designed the rifle in the 1950’s.

Do you want to ban rifles that have magazines? What about a Ruger 10-22? That is a small rifle that many children and adults learn to shoot and use for target and rabbit hunting. It shoots a 22 caliber bullet and makes the exact size diameter hole as an AR-15 makes. You can also get a magazine that holds 100 rounds cheap. Now the difference is the 10-22 shoots a 22lr round that’s typically moving at 1100fps while the AR moves at about 3300fps. So a lot more energy.

So shall we ban this as well? How about hunting rifles that have magazines?

Now the reason I asked you to define an AR-15 is because many of the characteristics of an AR-15 are found in almost every semi auto rifle on the market. So if you want to ban it you need to define it in such a way it is easy to legislate. California tried to ban it, they changed the grip and it is now California compliant.

Please which part is crap? I would really like to know? Point out which parts are crap to me and I will probmvide you with links and source material that prove every point I made.

You did yourself in with this: " And the reason I ask is most troops in 1968 were still using the M14 all the way up until around 1969." Go back to an NRA forum.

I got what they issued all of us. It's in the picture on my posts.
    So you don’t know. That’s odd to me but hey what do I know right? I have only ran gun stores and shooting ranges. I have built AR’s from the ground up. I am an armored for S&W, Glock, and Springfield. Well I was my cert/ expired because I left the field.

You did yourself in with this: " And the reason I ask is most troops in 1968 were still using the M14 all the way up until around 1969." Go back to an NRA forum.

Now I know that early on the Colt AR was introduced but only a limited supply. Less than half a million for all of Vietnam. I by no means said you did not have one. I merely asked you to verify common information about “your” service weapon.

So you don’t know. That’s odd to me but hey what do I know right? I have only ran gun stores and shooting ranges. I have built AR’s from the ground up. I am an armored for S&W, Glock, and Springfield. Well I was my cert/ expired because I left the field.

Anyone who thinks we were using M14s in Vietnam until '69 doesn't know what he's talking about. But I understand. You don't want any more gun control. You're an NRA shill.

So again how do we define an AR. Since California banned them and then they were modified to fit compliance we need a definition that will stick. As I mentioned before I no longer have an AR since Sandy Hook so I am not being a smart arse here, I am literally trying to point out suggestions.

Anyone who thinks we were using M14s in Vietnam until '69 doesn't know what he's talking about. But I understand. You don't want any more gun control. You're an NRA shill.
    An you sir are just spouting misinformation. You don’t know me, you don’t know what organizations I am a part of. If you like you can read any of my previous posts. I have also included a link for you to prove the M14 was still being used.

I would also add that Colt introduced a semi auto version of the AR to the civilian market before the military started using it.

However - It’s true - I really don’t think we should dumb down our discussion of the Constitution because the R base consists of people who don’t know anything about the Constitution. It needs to be explained, over and over, and politicians who know better need to be held accountable for their pandering to the base.
    Since I read up on the history of California I've had a different view of the history of the interpretation of the second amendment.

I think the original intent of the founders was that the second amendment insured that the states had a right to have their own military, and that state and/or territorial governors had control of those local military forces. In effect that states could come and go from the union if they chose to.

But then the struggle with the Southern state with the civil war occurred where the Northern states insisted that states could not go their own way, closely followed by John C Fremont running somewhat amok in the territory of California.

Fremont tried to set California as a separate nation with himself in charge of substantial military force to insure it's continuation as a separate nation.

Our State bear flag dating from that time says so, it says on it in words that we're a great nation.

So what I think happened was they couldn't feasibly change the Constitutions at that time, not with the politics following the civil war being what they were. Attempting to do that would have gone against the grain insofar as the Union insisting that states could not leave the union.

So they simply interpreted the second amendment to mean something entirely else as a work around, all of a sudden it meant something new. Suddenly it no longer mean that each state could have their own standing military, and that they could leave the union if they chose to, instead they said it meant that individual citizens had unlimited rights to bear arms.

Individual citizens were pleased with that new right, so it stood. There was no further widespread rebellion over it.

That resolved the problem they had back then, but it set us up for the problem we are stuck with today.

They can't go back to the original intent so the courts have stood firm on their ruling as it stands now because the court views that as the least damaging solution to insure that our union stands.

With that in mind I think we're stuck with it until enough of our citizens might decide to repair the Constitutions by removing the second amendment.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom