Now is not the time to talk about gun control (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

At this point if you aren't willing to jump through some pretty sensible hoops to own your guns, then you are complicit for events like this. Time for you to look in the mirror and own that fact. Annual relicensing, x number of hours in continued training, insurance costs, and required service time should be amended into your ownership. You wanna be part of a well regulated militia? Time to start regulating.

I read that it took only minutes for him to kill everyone. The type of weapon plays into this. I read that a member of Border Patrol rushed into the school and killed him without waiting, but it doesn’t take long to kill that many people with an AR-15. I also read that authorities were asking parents to do DNA swabs to help identify the bodies because of the horrific damage that type of weapon does to a small human. This is why having armed guards doesn’t really help. It only takes a few minutes to do horrible damage. They cannot be everywhere.
    While true, they can be posted at the main entrance if the school layout is planned well and the rest of the entrances are secure. Unfortunately not all schools are prepared for threats like this. That said, an armed guard would have had little chance of stopping a dude decked out in body armor and heavily armed with assault rifles.

Better than not having a guard at all.

It's just pissing me off that we're still having this discussion after so many massacres and school shootings over the years yet few new gun regulations.

Last edited:
    While true, they can be posted at the main entrance if the school layout is planned well and the rest of the entrances are secure. Unfortunately not all schools are prepared for threats like this. That said, an armed guard would have had little chance of stopping a dude decked out in body armor and heavily armed with assault rifles.

Better than not having a guard at all.

It's just pissing me off that we're still having this discussion after so many massacres and school shootings over the years yet few new gun regulations.
    Vote these MFr out of office,I’d like to send Governor Abbot my thoughts and prayers wrapped in an anvi,forking piece of excrement

these kids are raised on violence. from tv shows firing off 600 rounds and 3 'splosions per
    episode to the constant "SVU" abuse "stories" to the games they play on their gadgets,
    its all violence against others.
    gore, violence, and pretending.
    theres so much money to make from...violence.

yet we're gonna stop the kids from being violent...how?

these kids are raised on violence. from tv shows firing off 600 rounds and 3 'splosions per
    episode to the constant "SVU" abuse "stories" to the games they play on their gadgets,
    its all violence against others.
    gore, violence, and pretending.
    theres so much money to make from...violence.

yet we're gonna stop the kids from being violent...how?

The video games, or media causes violence has been debunked. It's easy to discount with just a little thought. If violent media causes violence, why do these shootings not happen worldwide? Why doesn't Europe see the same level of mass shootings?

Violence on this level is mainly a third world country problem, and America.

If you want to find another factor other then the wide availability of guns. A good starting point would be finding how does America differ from other first world countries with a low amount of mass shootings?

I'm gonna just ignore Biden trying to talk big over the next few days about these rash of recent terrorist attacks. Dude was the VP during and 4 years after Sandy Hook, that was 2012, 10 years ago. He's not gonna do a dang thing about it. None of those clowns in congress are gonna do anything about it either. They've had years to do something about it.

Heck, I started high school in 1996 and left in 1999. We had an armed cop, JPSO, on campus every single school day. I don't know why we can't start there. If there is a manpower shortage issue, try to lure retired cops and have them work schools. One of the things I remember the most about Officer Dupree during my time in high school is that kids talk and his ear was always to the ground about things and was able to prevent some bad gang related activity before it happened.

Politically speaking: We do need universal health care to make it easy for parents to send their kids and people to get mental health evaluations. Regular checks on kids who make claims they're gonna "shoot up the place."

There is room for improvement with our background checking system before selling guns to people.

I'm sure over the next few days, we're going to learn a lot about this domestic terrorist, I'm sure something is gonna pop up on his social media from his past.

None of this matters....they're not going to do a damn thing. I used to think maybe if it affected them personally they'll do something but then my own congressman got shot by an assault rifle and saved by a lesbian police officer. This MFer will turn around and vote against gun regulation and vote to strip rights from LGB citizens.

We have to vote the Rs out of office. They have embraced a deeply corrupt organization (NRA) that has worked against public safety for decades. By following the NRA over the public safety of their constituents, they are themselves deeply corrupt. They do not deserve to be in their positions. I’m just sick over this.

Less than 24 hours, folks. Let that sink in. Who's surprised by this...

Screenshot_20220525-065618.png

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom