Now is not the time to talk about gun control (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

It’s the consistent voting against sensible gun reform, coupled with supporting getting rid of current gun regulations and then pretending to be empathetic when people/children die due to these actions.

It’s the consistent voting against sensible gun reform, coupled with supporting getting rid of current gun regulations and then pretending to be empathetic when people/children die due to these actions.

Sure, but a lot of those same T&P people like myself do want sensible gun reform as well. I don't know any who actually want to get rid of gun regulations. It's clearly under-regulated, not over.

But then, I don't really associate with Trumpers and gun nuts much. The two gun nuts I do know aren't the T&P types. So...stereotypes and all that.

Sure, but a lot of those same T&P people like myself do want sensible gun reform as well. I don't know any who actually want to get rid of gun regulations. It's clearly under-regulated, not over.

But then, I don't really associate with Trumpers and gun nuts much. The two gun nuts I do know aren't the T&P types. So...stereotypes and all that.
    This tweeter is the chairwoman of the national GOP, she doesn’t want sensible gun reform.

Edited to add: I think he meant to say police officers shot and killed in the line of duty. More officers have been shot than kids that were killed, but more kids have been killed in school than police officers shot and killed in the line of duty so far this year. And officer deaths are up this year.

Last edited:
    This tweeter is the chairwoman of the national GOP, she doesn’t want sensible gun reform.
    Of course she doesn't. But that's clearly because Republicans by and large don't favor gun control measures. The people will have to change before the party does. Our leaders aren't really leaders anymore.

Looking at some of the demographics of that elementary school, that is a poor struggling school with a lot of poor and immigrant children. Something like 90% Latino. I wonder if that was a factor.

Looking at some of the demographics of that elementary school, that is a poor struggling school with a lot of poor and immigrant children. Something like 90% Latino. I wonder if that was a factor.
    I caught a name, which I can't remember, of the shooter and it sounded Latino also. I don't know that for sure, however.

Of course she doesn't. But that's clearly because Republicans by and large don't favor gun control measures. The people will have to change before the party does. Our leaders aren't really leaders anymore.
    What I meant was that Stonekettle wasn’t responding harshly to just anybody that was offering thoughts and prayers. He was responding specifically to someone who is part of the reason we are in this situation. I totally agree with you about Republican politicians. They aren’t leading, they are slavishly following the gun lobby (NRA), who has been greatly influenced by Russia. It’s no coincidence. Russia (Putin) wants nothing more than to tear this country apart. Guns are simply one way he is doing it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom