/* */

New Hampshire Primary 2024 (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    This thread is obviously for anything relating to the 2024 New Hampshire Primary

Completely disagree

Not much to add to what others have already said but I will ask this

If you support more people voting in person do you also support making Election Day a holiday?

Do you support mandatory paid time to vote for people to vote

Do you support greatly increasing the amount of polling stations? To eliminate some people voting are in and out in less than ten minutes while other areas it takes 7 hours?

Do you support making laws that there must be one voting place per X registered voters? We gave the data

Would you support organized voting shuttles to transport people to and from the polls?
    No shuttles.
    If people need a shuttle then they can just vote by mail.
    I think the hours on a Presidential Election in my town are 6AM to 9PM.
    Most working people can vote somewhere in that 15 hour window.

Do you support greatly increasing the amount of polling stations? To eliminate some people voting are in and out in less than ten minutes while other areas it takes 7 hours?
    I remember a noticeable difference years ago when we moved to the suburbs compared to living in the city. Voting in the city involved about an hour of waiting, but in the suburbs you literally would walk in and get directed right to a machine.

No shuttles.

Oregon has been mail in only since like 2011. No problems at all.

And you obliterated you own argument in the quote above. You said "most" working people can make it. If even one person cannot, then they have been disenfranchised and that is a violation of their rights under the Constitution.

No shuttles.
    Well, that depends on how far they drive to work, or if they rely on public transportation, or if they have to pick up kids at a sitter by a certain time, and then feed them. And it says nothing about if they get sick, or one of their kids gets sick, or there’s a snow or ice storm. Voting is just too important to restrict it like that. Especially for no actual reason at all.

Oh, and another state that relies on voting by mail for any reason is Florida, no issues at all, although I read the GOP, which had favored it before, now wants to restrict vote by mail.

No shuttles.

Is "most" good enough for you, or should we ensure that all eligible voters have an easy, reliable method to cast their ballots?

I remember a noticeable difference years ago when we moved to the suburbs compared to living in the city. Voting in the city involved about an hour of waiting, but in the suburbs you literally would walk in and get directed right to a machine.

and people who voted in the suburbs their whole lives don't see what the problem is (don't mean you)

Correct. That is my experience each time.

So you’re saying you do not support any of these suggestions?
    I don't think it is correct to put a burden on the local governments to do anything more in 2024 , 2026 or 2028 than it did in 2016.
    If people need special support ....than just let them vote by mail.
    All I'm sayin' is, people like me who have a healthy body...a reliable car....and they work less hours than 6AM to 9PM....THOSE people have always voted in person and they don't need to vote by mail.

I don't think it is correct to put a burden on the local governments to do anything more in 2024 , 2026 or 2028 than it did in 2016.
    All I'm sayin' is, people like me who have a healthy body...a reliable car....and they work less hours than 6AM to 9PM....THOSE people have always voted in person and they don't need to vote by mail.
    I don’t think people want to force others to vote by mail, at least in most cases. Just want it to be an option for people who want to do it that way.

Well, that depends on how far they drive to work, or if they rely on public transportation, or if they have to pick up kids at a sitter by a certain time, and then feed them. And it says nothing about if they get sick, or one of their kids gets sick, or there’s a snow or ice storm. Voting is just too important to restrict it like that. Especially for no actual reason at all.
    OK. Whatever.
    I'm getting tired.
    I'd rather stop answering all the people who quote me.
    Gonna get some dinner.

I don't see why it matters whether people vote in person or by mail so long as they only vote once. And I don't understand the rationale in making it more difficult for some people to vote.

The beauty of living in a democracy, or a democratic-republic, is that in theory the citizenry is able to course correct. Elected officials are accountable to the citizens and if the current administration leans to far to the left or right, then you can swap them out next time.

Unfortunately that gets all forked up due to gerrymandering and voter suppression, which allows minority rule that insulates itself from accountability.

Why do you keep capitalizing THOSE?

Part of the point is all THOSE people didn’t always vote in person

The single mother with three young kids in 2 schools and can’t be late getting them to school, or herself to work or to day care wasn’t always voting in person

The people with hourly jobs who couldn’t get off work weren’t always voting in person

People who just broke their leg or got sick the day before the election weren’t always voting in person

Again, every election there are stories about people waiting HOURS (capitalizing is fun) to vote. There are a lot of people who CAN’T (wheee!) afford to do that literally and/or figuratively

I’ve voted in person every time until 2020, it wasn’t inconvenient or a hassle, it wasn’t time consuming. 2008 was the only time it took more than 15 minutes

Unless forced to I don’t plan on ever voting in person again

Voting by mail isn’t to get people like me who has always voted, always voted in person to switch.

It’s to get the people who don’t vote, sporadically vote, people who waited in line as long as they could but had to leave to vote

Which is exactly so many are against it

In 2020 it took me solidly 2.5 hours to vote. The line was out the door and down the street. There was no shelter.

If it had been raining, or really hot, or really cold, I can bet that MANY of the people in line would not have voted.

Why would anyone want that?

This should be a red flag for the GOP. Trump isn’t going to win.

This is where I am with the election. I'm not saying it's the right frame of mind, but it's my frame of mind.

I want Trump to win the Republican nomination to force American voters to decide if we are going to continue down the path toward fascism or if we are going to do an about face and head toward a more democratic and cooperative society.

The choice isn't just about Trump, it's about most of the down ballot Republican candidates as well. Trump does not hide who he is and what he is about. Sure, he lies, but the super majority of Americans see through his lies. Trump being Trump forces all of the other ill intentioned Republicans to show their hands as well. They can't maintain a false veneer and placate Trump, and they are always going to placate Trump.

I think Trump as a nominee results in more losses for down ballot Republicans, than if Haley were the nominee. I'm not predicting anything, that's just what I think. I think we need a resounding loss for Republicans in the upcoming election to get on the right path.

If the majority of voters decide they want to let Trump and MAGA politicians lead us farther down the path toward fascism, then at least I'll know what's what and can make decisions based on knowing that.

It's time to defecate or get off the pot as a nation. I'm tired of this death by a thousand cuts. Again, I expect a resounding loss for Trump and MAGA if Trump is the nominee.

I also believe that a Trump and MAGA loss will lead to some violent backlash from MAGA, but other than maybe one or two large scale riots, I think most of the violence will be random and isolated. Overall, I think the violence won't be any worse than the current amount of gun violence that we already suffer through every...darn...month.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom