/* */

Nancy Pelosi's husband attacked in home (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    This could go in several threads but deserves one of its own. Apparently, the suspect got into the home and was looking for the Speaker. The police saw some of the attack and the spouse is in surgery. Social media accounts point to him being an election denier. This is pretty forked up.

you are comparing an armed assassination attempt to a guy breaking in with a hammer as the same thing?
    That cannot be the same because one had an AR style people killer and the other had a possible erection and a hammer.
    Both are assaults with a deadly weapon/attempted murder.

He’s being charged with attempted murder. Probably the same charges as the Scalise shooter tbh.

You really will defend anything they say won't you?

You almost say it like being gay is a bad thing.
    So, reading comprehension. I said her timing was crappy but everything she said was objectively true. I was correcting a lie told by one of SFL’s posted tweets that said she said he deserved to be shot.

Nowhere that I found did she say he deserved to be shot. That was a lie. And admitting her timing was crappy isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement. It was a factual statement.

you are comparing an armed assassination attempt to a guy breaking in with a hammer as the same thing?
    That cannot be the same because one had an AR style people killer and the other had a possible erection and a hammer.

Other than that silliness, what did Trump say about it, I don't follow Trump like you all do.
    Oh, come on Farb, let's talk about good Republicans for a change, not the bad ones. Here's a current news idem from Fox.

Other than that silliness, what did Trump say about it, I don't follow Trump like you all do.

This sounds mighty close to you calling for gun law reform.

So you are saying the guy didn't attempt to kill him with a hammer? You think hitting someone with a hammer in the head with the sole purpose of injury is not attempted murder? Its funny you only mention him breaking into the house with the hammer, but don't metion him attempting to kill someone. that says a lot.
    If 2 people broke into your house, one with a hammer and one with an AR, the one with the hammer attacked your wife, hitting her in the head with it, and the guy with the AR shot you in your hip, you would only recommend attempted murder for the guy with the AR? I mean, its just a hammer, right? Would you tell your wife," you can't compare the attacks..."
    What if it was your father or mother... its just a hammer...

Yeah, it’s just a hammer, unlike those deadly water bottles that were hurled at police in riot gear during the dreaded “BLM riots”, lol. How can anyone twist themselves into a pretzel like that? It’s hilarious.

The hammer normally is much less dangerous, but in the right situation, like this one, it can be just as deadly. Also the meme that Trump apparently retweeted, I say apparently because I don’t follow him at all, wouldn’t be silly. That is evil. He is evil. He isn’t because of his political beliefs, or his proposed legislation. He is evil because he constantly does corrupt things and promotes evil actions.

get ready for illegal immigrant talk
    ========================

WASHINGTON — The suspect who violently assaulted Paul Pelosi with a hammer last week was in the U.S. illegally, immigration officials confirm.

David DePape, 42, was in the country on an expired temporary visitor visa from Canada, according to the Department of Homeland Security. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has asked San Francisco County to hand DePape over to the agency, meaning that DePape could eventually be deported back to Canada. If he is convicted of crimes against Pelosi, he would complete his sentence first.

Records show DePape entered the U.S. in March 2008 at San Ysidro as a temporary visitor. Admissible Canadian travelers who present themselves as a visitor for business or pleasure generally don't require a visa and are generally admitted for six months in the U.S.............

from Jan 6th officer Michael Fanone. Good read that could have gone in a number of threads
    =============================================================
    When I speak privately with fellow officers who defended the US Capitol on January 6, the conversation often turns to why so many Americans remain indifferent about the insurrection. In other words, most Americans just don’t seem to care. An overt attempt to end our democracy? Meh.

That’s when we cops began to discuss the part we’re not supposed to say out loud.

As one officer recently confided, “Mike, maybe if we hadn’t done such a good job against such overwhelming forces, maybe people would care more. Maybe, if a congressman or a senator had been injured, dragged through the halls to the makeshift gallows or killed, people would give a damn.”

Maybe then, people would get it, and would be motivated to vote on Tuesday as if the future of democracy was on the line. Maybe then, they would understand that if we don’t preserve “one-person, one-vote,” we’ll lose all control over every other issue.

Until last week’s brutal assault against Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, political candidates, including many Democrats, avoided talking about January 6. Apparently, polls show that swing voters care more about gas prices and abortion.

(Polls also indicate a big interest in crime too – except, I guess, for violence against police officers during the 2021 insurrection.)

I’d like to believe that the violent attack on Paul Pelosi will be a turning point, but somehow I doubt it. I’m afraid that politically-inspired violence is only going to escalate. It’s already been normalized.

We are no longer talking about isolated incidents or seeing universal condemnation of violence by our leaders. The 82-year-old husband of the woman who is third in line to the US presidency was beaten in his own home for political reasons, and right-wing media and some Republicans reveled in the violence.

People used to say: “It’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt.” Well, people are getting hurt and some Republicans, including the former president’s obnoxious son, still think it’s all fun and games, condoning and – conceivably encouraging – more violence.

I get where Junior is coming from. He knows the violence and threats are working. Local election workers, often selfless senior citizens performing their civic duty, are abandoning polling stations in droves...........

get ready for illegal immigrant talk
    ========================

WASHINGTON — The suspect who violently assaulted Paul Pelosi with a hammer last week was in the U.S. illegally, immigration officials confirm.

David DePape, 42, was in the country on an expired temporary visitor visa from Canada, according to the Department of Homeland Security. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has asked San Francisco County to hand DePape over to the agency, meaning that DePape could eventually be deported back to Canada. If he is convicted of crimes against Pelosi, he would complete his sentence first.

Records show DePape entered the U.S. in March 2008 at San Ysidro as a temporary visitor. Admissible Canadian travelers who present themselves as a visitor for business or pleasure generally don't require a visa and are generally admitted for six months in the U.S.............

But it was staged/he deserved it... heads are going to explode.

You certainty seem to think so. In your twisted world view, it's as if only gay or trans people commit crimes.
    Do I or is that they way you think I think? I won't keep saying the obvious, so you can think what you want about me.
    like I said, your group needs a bouncer at the door if you don't want to be guilty by association. Most LGB are getting this.

Yeah, it’s just a hammer, unlike those deadly water bottles that were hurled at police in riot gear during the dreaded “BLM riots”, lol. How can anyone twist themselves into a pretzel like that? It’s hilarious.
    David Dorn disagrees with you.
    What about the fire that was used to burn the police station?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom