Media Tracker (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

Seems that Rufo, who is claiming all the credit for getting Dr. Gay to resign at Harvard, has been claiming an MA from Harvard for years on his bios. He doesn’t have an MA from Harvard. He has a different degree, ALM, from a separate school called Harvard Extension. HE takes nearly anybody, it doesn’t have the strict entrance requirements of actual Harvard. HE supposedly requests that graduates specify Harvard Extension in resumes and job applications to avoid this type of academic fraud. Rufo ignored that and has been claiming a degree from Harvard that he doesn’t have.

Yet, he will not lose his job nor suffer any consequences for this academic fraud. He is a hypocritical fraud. He changed his bio to reflect the correct degree, but it still says Harvard rather than HE. He knows what he is doing.

Last edited:
    Seems that Rufo, who is claiming all the credit for getting Dr. Gay to resign at Harvard, has been claiming an MA from Harvard for years on his bios. He doesn’t have an MA from Harvard. He has a different degree, ALM, from a separate institution called Harvard Extension. HE takes nearly anybody, it doesn’t have the strict entrance requirements of actual Harvard. HE supposedly requests that graduates specify Harvard Extension in resumes and job applications to avoid this type of academic fraud. Rufo ignored that and has been claiming a degree from Harvard that he doesn’t have.

Yet, he will not lose his job nor suffer any consequences for this academic fraud. He is a hypocritical fraud. He changed his bio to reflect the correct degree, but it still says Harvard rather than HE. He knows what he is doing.
    Well, you can't call it a separate institution.

"The Best of Harvard
    Founded in 1910, we are one of the 12 degree-granting Harvard schools. Our degrees and certificates are adorned with the Harvard insignia. Earning a credential from us means enjoying the best of a world-class Harvard education, and the weight of that reputation and lineage on your resume.

You’ll have access to our world-class libraries, walk at University Commencement along with students from other Harvard schools, and become members of the Harvard Alumni Association."

Well, you can't call it a separate institution.

"The Best of Harvard
    Founded in 1910, we are one of the 12 degree-granting Harvard schools. Our degrees and certificates are adorned with the Harvard insignia. Earning a credential from us means enjoying the best of a world-class Harvard education, and the weight of that reputation and lineage on your resume.

You’ll have access to our world-class libraries, walk at University Commencement along with students from other Harvard schools, and become members of the Harvard Alumni Association."
    Yeah, I chose the wrong word. Doesn’t change the fact he was claiming an MA instead of an ALM. He should know what degree he has. It’s not something you forget.

I will go back and change it to ‘school’.

Last edited:
    so apparently it's Biden who's the Hitler wannabe
    =================================
    Fox News host Brian Kilmeade accused Joe Biden of emulating Adolf Hitler because the president warned about the threat Donald Trump poses to the nation.

On “Fox & Friends” Monday morning, Kilmeade said Biden, in a speech on Friday, “went full Hitler [and said] that Trump is the worst thing ever, will destroy the country.”

“But why, if you believe that, why would you do that in January, knowing that we’re going to hear the same thing for nine months?” he continued. “By the time May comes up, we’re not going to hear this.”

Kilmeade’s comments were first flagged by Mediaite.

In a speech from Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, on Friday ahead of the third anniversary of the Jan. 6 insurrection, Biden forcefully condemned Trump’s assaults on democracy and warned that his predecessor is “promising a full-scale campaign of revenge and retribution, his words, for some years to come.”

He also pointed to Trump’s recent comments about immigrants “poisoning the blood” of the nation, saying it echoed language used in Nazi Germany.

Notably, after Trump drew widespread backlash for those remarks, which include similar language to excerpts of Hitler’s manifesto, “Mein Kampf,” Kilmeade defended the former president.

“He’s just trying to say, ‘We want to keep America, America,’” Kilmeade said at the time. “‘We want to build up the border and find out who’s coming in and out.’ And they tried to say that this language was the problem.”.............

After the resignation of Harvard president Claudine Gay, amid accusations of plagiarism, some might have expected Bill Ackman, the billionaire hedge fund manager, to step back from what became a rightwing push against academia.

Instead, Ackman, who became embroiled in university politics after students protested against Israel’s actions in Palestine, appears to have expanded his scattergun attack against other perceived liberal institutions, with news organizations and the media now in his sights.

On Monday, Ackman, who has gained more than 1.1 million followers on X, announcedthat he would tackle “problems with how our media operates”. It’s an issue Ackman seems to have decided to take up after Business Insider reported that his wife copied paragraphs from Wikipedia in her PhD dissertation.

On Thursday and Friday, Business Insider published reports which claimed Neri Oxman, who married Ackman in 2019, had committed plagiarism of her own…….

Ackman said he and Oxman would conduct “an analysis” of the second report, which included the Wikipedia allegations, but generally responded with fury. On Friday, he suggested he would investigate Business Insider’s “reporters and staff”.

Later, on Monday, in a reply to a X post which criticized “child-abusing radical leftist losers”, Ackman wrote: “I will pursue these societally important issues including problems with how our media operates, the ideological takeover of our education system, discrimination in all forms, and free speech to the end of the earth. It is the most important battle I have ever taken on.”

Ackman’s public complaints over the weekend, which included a 5,000-word post on X claiming Business Insider was guilty of “some of the worst forms of journalism”, appear to have already found an audience.

On Sunday, Axel Springer, the German media company that owns Business Insider, told the Washington Post it planned to “review the processes” which led to the articles on Oxman.

“While the facts of the reports have not been disputed, over the past few days questions have been raised about the motivation and the process leading up to the reporting – questions that we take very seriously,” Axel Springer said.

Semafor reported that some at Axel Springer “debated whether Ackman’s wife was fair game for reporting, and have been concerned that the report could be construed as antisemitic and anti-Zionist”

The prospect of an ultra-wealthy campaigner attacking journalism and news organizations is a chilling one in an industry where a record numberof people lost their jobs in 2023, and where an average of 2.5 newspapers closed each week over the past 12 months. The media is already dealing with one upset billionaire in Donald Trump, who has said journalists are the “enemy of the people” and whose ally, Kash Patel, said a second Trump administration would “come after the people in the media”.…….

What I have learned: Bill Ackman continues the trend of billionaires being just horrible people with egos as big as all outdoors. The entitlement - “how dare you investigate my wife and hold her to the same standard I demanded from others”. Billionaires are just nasty, horrible people.

Yeah, just what the world needs, another loud mouth, angry, right wing, billionaire, twitter troll influencer with the maturity of an eight year old. :baba: :banghead:

I think I'm in favor of wealth caps for the uberwealthy now.

Yeah, just what the world needs, another loud mouth, angry, right wing, billionaire, twitter troll influencer with the maturity of an eight year old. :baba: :banghead:

Eight year old? You give too much credit.😁

I've been in favor of wealth caps since high school.

We teach our children to share and pretty much to share equally. What's the point in teaching our children that lesson if we abandon it as adults? It really is that simple.

You know who creates all these complex theories and arguments as to why it's not that simple? All of the jackholes who want to grab everything they can for themselves without any care for how it affects others.

We've let the greedy bullies take over the playground and make all the rules. It's time we take the playground back without any violence that isn't genuinely self-defense.

This is how we all know there is no such thing as a “left-wing media bias”.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom