Media Tracker (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

why was this covered?

...........Moments later, King gave his analysis of the news, including the message Smith was sending with that visit to Subway:

JOHN KING: I’m fascinated to see what the special counsel brings forward, understandably, you focus on January 6 because of the violence that day, because it played out again, an attempted coup right before our eyes.
    But the case they are trying to make, if you listen to the witnesses, people who were at Donald Trump’s side in the campaign, in the White House in the weeks after, is that this all actually started before the election when they said if we lose, we are going to say we won.
    And so it’s really interesting to see how big of a case does Smith want to bring. And just one last point. Jack Smith, remember when the classified documents target letter, when Trump announced that there’s a lot of commentary, you know, is Jack Smith making a mistake here? In leaving this all to Donald Trump?
    And then they released the indictment and we all said, wow! Wow! We read it. We saw the documentation, we saw the level of detail.
    Jack Smith going to Subway today is a message to Donald Trump.
    Donald Trump tries to intimidate people. He tries to bully people. He tries to scare you away.
    That was Jack Smith, with no words and a simple $5 sub in his hand, saying I’m here. I’m not going anywhere.
    DANA BASH: Yeah, the imagery was, was intentional and spoke volumes.

It’s pretty silly, IMO. They have to fill the time, I guess.

This is actually pretty amusing:

The slow realization that one is "dead to rights"? Or something.....I don't think they look mortified, I think they look like denial is no longer an option....at least for a brief moment....

I'm continously unsurprised by how gulliable right wing constiutants are. When will they learn it's all a grift? :pat:

=========================
    Dedicated viewers of Fox News are likely familiar with Lear Capital, a Los Angeles company that sells gold and silver coins. In recent years, the company’s ads have been a constant presence on Fox airwaves, warning viewers to protect their retirement savings from a looming “pension crisis” and “dollar collapse.”
    One such ad caught the attention of Terry White, a disabled retiree from New York. In 2018, White invested $174,000 in the coins, according to a lawsuit by the New York attorney general — only to later learn that Lear charged a 33 percent commission.

Over several transactions, White, 70, lost nearly $80,000, putting an “enormous strain” on his finances, said his wife, Jeanne, who blames Fox for their predicament: “They’re negligent,” she said. A regretful White said he thought Fox “wouldn’t take a commercial like that unless it was legitimate.”

While the legitimacy of the gold retirement investment industry is the subject of numerous lawsuits — including allegations of fraud by federal and state regulators against Lear and other companies — its advertising has become a mainstay of right-wing media. The industry spends millions of dollars a year to reach viewers of Fox, Newsmax and other conservative outlets, according to a Washington Post analysis of ad data and financial records, as well as interviews with industry insiders. Former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly and former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani have promoted the coins, while ads for Lear’s competitors have appeared on a podcast hosted by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Newsmax broadcasts of former president Donald Trump’s political rallies.
    ==========================

I'm continously unsurprised by how gulliable right wing constiutants are. When will they learn it's all a grift? :pat:

=========================
    Dedicated viewers of Fox News are likely familiar with Lear Capital, a Los Angeles company that sells gold and silver coins. In recent years, the company’s ads have been a constant presence on Fox airwaves, warning viewers to protect their retirement savings from a looming “pension crisis” and “dollar collapse.”
    One such ad caught the attention of Terry White, a disabled retiree from New York. In 2018, White invested $174,000 in the coins, according to a lawsuit by the New York attorney general — only to later learn that Lear charged a 33 percent commission.

Over several transactions, White, 70, lost nearly $80,000, putting an “enormous strain” on his finances, said his wife, Jeanne, who blames Fox for their predicament: “They’re negligent,” she said. A regretful White said he thought Fox “wouldn’t take a commercial like that unless it was legitimate.”

While the legitimacy of the gold retirement investment industry is the subject of numerous lawsuits — including allegations of fraud by federal and state regulators against Lear and other companies — its advertising has become a mainstay of right-wing media. The industry spends millions of dollars a year to reach viewers of Fox, Newsmax and other conservative outlets, according to a Washington Post analysis of ad data and financial records, as well as interviews with industry insiders. Former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly and former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani have promoted the coins, while ads for Lear’s competitors have appeared on a podcast hosted by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Newsmax broadcasts of former president Donald Trump’s political rallies.
    ==========================

There's all this talk about how "the left" and "liberals" are being duped by their media outlets like MSNBC, CNN, and anything not FOX or OAN.

At least "the left" and "liberals" are very much aware of how every media outlet and every corporation tries to manipulate people in less than honest ways to try to fleece people out of as much money as they can.

Those who proclaim themselves as "right" and "conservative" seem sincerely foolish enough to believe that FOX, OAN and the corporations they patron aren't doing the exact same thing to them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom