/* */

Media Tracker (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

You do know AI doesn’t have access to the latest news, on purpose.

1722290170663.png
    And yet they were able to tell them about the Harris candidacy for President.

Are Democrats writing the answers?
    AI's accurate model data is always 1 to 2 years behind the current time. Every AI model is up front about that, so anyone that reads the notices knows that. The reason an AI model thinks Trump's assassination attempt his fiction when asked about it, is because the AI's don't have enough data yet to give consistent and reliable responses yet, because it happened too recently and there's too many conflicting accounts of it on the internet. It will take the AI's time for their data models to come to a consensus. Even then there will be the occasional false response. There's no conspiracy.

1722299129834.jpeg

Last edited:
    You literally shared an article about Meta AI. I just pointed out AI has intended limitations to prevent Skynet from happening.
    Okay but they were pointing out specific instances where it happened and not saying all of the AI was doing it.

Remember this?

Okay but they were pointing out specific instances where it happened and not saying all of the AI was doing it.

Remember this?

One of the articles you shared specifically called out AI. I pointed out the flaws with Ai and current news.

Gem AI pulled the image generator for that other issue because it wasn’t working correctly. It wasn’t intended. Google can be progressive in certain areas but their goal is to make money. I guarantee they contribute to conservative as much as liberals politically because right or left, money is what makes the world go around.

I think this article is an accurate view of why news is the way it is today.

I’m not talking about a simple left/right bias, a political preference held by reporters or publishers and editors of the nation’s major media outlets. The bias I’m referencing has to do with spectacle.
    Generations ago, we condescendingly referred to newspapers that emphasized scandal and celebrity intrigue as “yellow journalism.”
    It took two world wars to push public demand for real news and serious reporting—and an emphasis on fact-based reporting and substance over flash—back into media dominance.
    Television and radio networks lost money on their news operations, but it was a price they were happy to pay to maintain their otherwise very profitable broadcast licenses. But then something changed.
    After Ronald Reagan ended enforcement of the Fairness Doctrine in 1987, radio and TV stations were no longer burdened by the requirement to “program in the public interest” to maintain their broadcast licenses;...
    Thus was born the modern era of yellow journalism or infotainment, replacing classic issue-based journalism. Rush Limbaugh’s 1988 national syndication and Rupert Murdoch’s 1996 Fox News set the tone for this era’s new yellow journalism, front-loading—as did Hearst back in the day—personality, celebrity, and scandal over the boring details of policy, debate, and the consequences of congressional and presidential decisions.
    Another factor that Hearst played on heavily—and has come to dominate what passes today for journalism—is the media’s intentional “inversion of expectation.” It’s the other side of the coin of spectacle.
    In today’s yellow journalism era, reporters are similarly far more interested in “man bites dog” stories than in examining the factors and history that may have provoked that bite, or even covering in any detail the frequency of bites of any kind.
    Clinton is a reasonable and thoughtful politician and former diplomat, so her “deplorables” comment was seen by our yellow press as “man bites dog.” It was unexpected. Trump, on the other hand, is a sadistic fascist whose call for the extermination of his political opponents could reasonably be expected: “dog bites man.”

Seems Trump's Project 2025 and Republican weirdness have become the "man bites dog" story for news media. Even FOX jumped on that money train.

This is the young black journalist who held Trump accountable today in Chicago. I especially like the metaphor in the reply tweet. We are getting too much “reporting” that just echoes what the candidates say without fact checking.

This is the young black journalist who held Trump accountable today in Chicago. I especially like the metaphor in the reply tweet. We are getting too much “reporting” that just echoes what the candidates say without fact checking.

I assume you saw his response to her question? What a colossal craven baby. This is the “tough guy” people support. This is the guy people want as a leader. A guy that cowers like a craven and cries when someone asks a tough question.

I saw on threads that the interview was delayed for about an hour or more because he didn't want to be fact checked during the interview.

They had audio issues. They tried to add real time fact checking and he said no.
    And they did the real time fact checking via social media anyhow. That's probably part of why the Trump team cut and ran halfway through the hour they agreed to do. Some of Trump's supporters portray him as a knight... and now for something somewhat the same.

Last edited:
    WaPo not really understanding the moment. I think they changed the headline after this but I haven’t seen what they changed to.

Edit: since it cut off here is what it says:

Harris faces a pivotal moment as Trump questions her identity.

WaPo not really understanding the moment. I think they changed the headline after this but I haven’t seen what they changed to.

Edit: since it cut off here is what it says:

Harris faces a pivotal moment as Trump questions her identity.

I believe this is it:

"Trump’s attack on Harris’s racial identity moves contest into new phase"

They take great offense at being called weird, and yet they go on air and say stuff that is just complete weirdness.

It doesn't matter. They have abandoned their last shreds of trying to appear neutral to boost the same person who was talked about possibly being replaced as VP 2 years ago to now someone who everyone on the left is excited about.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom