/* */

Media Tracker (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

It works like that also if you type "attempted assassination of." It populated other attempted assassination attempts, but not Trump.

Google wouldn't do something like that right?

What a coincidence. I'm sure it's just an oversight

Attachments

• 1000005709.jpg
      1000005709.jpg
      400 KB · Views: 31
    ***Satire***

U.S. — The Pulitzer Committee has awarded CNN its most prestigious prize for outstanding achievements in the field of deleting stories about Kamala Harris.

"We are incredibly honored," said CNN President Mark Thompson. "Our team has worked around the clock wiping out every story in existence about Kamala from before ten days ago, and it's just really nice to see that hard work recognized."

Though several media organizations made valiant efforts to memory-hole all record of Kamala's prior existence, the Pulitzer Committee ultimately felt that CNN was a cut above. "No one else has shown such total commitment to annihilating their own previous stories about Kamala," said Committee Chair Larson Brim. "They are in there smashing servers and literally lighting their own work on fire in a glorious blaze. You can search their site and never know Kamala ever held political office before July 2024. It's inspiring."

What a coincidence. I'm sure it's just an oversight...
    I just searched google and got this.

1722208599720.png

Over half of the search results on the first page were about Trump. Google is not blocking people from searching for Trump. If you can't search without the search field autofilling for you, then you should probably step away from the internet altogether.

Last edited:
    Variations of my past search quarries are what mostly populate my autofill box. I know their mine because they are my kinds of speed type misspellings within them.

Be warned If autofill is shown misspellings, it won't correct them until Google does a search. Then Google correctes "misspelling" it sees, even if one doesn't want it to.

It's not a surprise considering how Google manipulates it's algorithm to favor Democrats and to stifle any of their business competitors.

It's obvious what they are up to how it auto-populates everyone except Trump. Yes it is significant eventhough once you complete your search it will show information on the Trump assassination.

Are Democrats writing the answers?

Meta’s AI assistant claimed the attempted assassination of former President Donald Trump was a “fictional” event — but had plenty to say about Democratic rival Kamala Harris’ run for the White House.

The head-scratching results from what Mark Zuckerberg’s tech giant bills as the most intelligent AI assistant comes after Google’s dominant search engine failed to bring up the July 13 shooting when prompted on its search bar.

On Monday, The Post ran its own test on Meta’s AI tool, asking: “Was the Trump assassination fictional?”

The bot responded: “There was no real assassination attempt on Donald Trump. I strive to provide accurate and reliable information, but sometimes mistakes can occur.”

The bot added: “To confirm, there has been no credible report or evidence of a successful or attempted assassination of Donald Trump.”

1000005723.jpg

The erroneous outputs followed social media fury over responses provided by Meta’s chatbot to a prompt asking: “Why is there rich and structured information about Harris campaign but not about the Trump assassination attempt?”

The chatbot replied: “The reason for the disparity in information is due to the fact that the Trump assassination attempt is a fictional event, whereas Kamala Harris’ 2024 presidential campaign is a real and ongoing event.”

It went on to say, “Since there has been no real assassination attempt on Donald Trump, I couldn’t find any credible sources to provide detailed information on the topic. On the other hand … there is a wealth of information available from credible sources” about Harris’ campaign.

Meta’s AI assistant claimed the attempted assassination of former President Donald Trump was a “fictional” event — but had plenty to say about Democratic rival Kamala Harris’ run for the White House.

The head-scratching results from what Mark Zuckerberg’s tech giant bills as the most intelligent AI assistant comes after Google’s dominant search engine failed to bring up the July 13 shooting when prompted on its search bar.

On Monday, The Post ran its own test on Meta’s AI tool, asking: “Was the Trump assassination fictional?”

The bot responded: “There was no real assassination attempt on Donald Trump. I strive to provide accurate and reliable information, but sometimes mistakes can occur.”

The bot added: “To confirm, there has been no credible report or evidence of a successful or attempted assassination of Donald Trump.”

1000005723.jpg

The erroneous outputs followed social media fury over responses provided by Meta’s chatbot to a prompt asking: “Why is there rich and structured information about Harris campaign but not about the Trump assassination attempt?”

The chatbot replied: “The reason for the disparity in information is due to the fact that the Trump assassination attempt is a fictional event, whereas Kamala Harris’ 2024 presidential campaign is a real and ongoing event.”

It went on to say, “Since there has been no real assassination attempt on Donald Trump, I couldn’t find any credible sources to provide detailed information on the topic. On the other hand … there is a wealth of information available from credible sources” about Harris’ campaign.

I tried it and got this:

Screenshot 2024-07-29 1.52.03 PM.png

Of course, I had a few other things to do first...

Screenshot 2024-07-29 1.56.31 PM.png

It's almost as though AI is far from perfect and easily manipulated and anyone relying on it for accuracy is an idiot.

More election interference from Google. I tried it myself because my first thought was that can't be true. I tried it and it was true.

When you search Donald Trump, it says News about Harris, Trump and it has positive articles about Harris and negative articles about Trump

When you search Kamala Harris it says News about Harris(they didn't include Trump like they included Harris when you search for Trump) and all positive pieces about Harris and a negative Trump article.

I tried it myself because my first thought was that can't be true. I tried it and it was true.
    Please tell me you didn't try Tide pods, too. J/K

You can't believe everything you read on the Internet. I wouldn't go clicking unknown/questionable links or repeatedly searching for phrases that might show up on some list somewhere.

A more reasonable answer to your problem might be that the sites/algorithms have not updated with this latest news. These are not people making these choices, what you see is driven by numbers.

Try this: Use the Google Advanced "News" tab, and then click "Tools" to adjust the date. Show results for the last month or so. Maybe that will help?

Please tell me you didn't try Tide pods, too. J/K

You can't believe everything you read on the Internet. I wouldn't go clicking unknown/questionable links or repeatedly searching for phrases that might show up on some list somewhere.

A more reasonable answer to your problem might be that the sites/algorithms have not updated with this latest news. These are not people making these choices, what you see is driven by numbers.

Try this: Use the Google Advanced "News" tab, and then click "Tools" to adjust the date. Show results for the last month or so. Maybe that will help?
    I have zero interest in your lectures and your "help."

I've noticed you avoid the subject when you don't have anything to refute it and you focus on general subjects to avoid talking about the subject at hand. You aren't fooling anyone and you aren't as clever as you think.

I don't need advice on how to search for the news. This is about Google’s election interference that I've shown has happened in multiple ways. I literally tried it myself and it worked.

I didn't talk about clicking an unknown or questionable links or repeatedly searching for phrases. I don't know why you brought those up other than to distract. I tried these things one time and it worked.

Why don't you try it and see if it works for you rather than trying to deflect?

Last edited:
    More election interference from Google. I tried it myself because my first thought was that can't be true. I tried it and it was true.

When you search Donald Trump, it says News about Harris, Trump and it has positive articles about Harris and negative articles about Trump

When you search Kamala Harris it says News about Harris(they didn't include Trump like they included Harris when you search for Trump) and all positive pieces about Harris and a negative Trump article.

There's also news related to Trump and the bitcoin conference, Trump and Christians, etc. That's how Google's news aggregator works. When you search for Kamala Harris, you get a subset of stories related to Kamala and Elon Musk.

As for positive vs negative articles, maybe the problem isn't the news aggregator. Maybe the problem is Trump keeps saying stupid shirt.

More election interference this time from Amazon deleting a book about Harris.

But guess what happened?

Caleb changed to cover to something ultra-generic, just text with no images of Kamala Harris, and Amazon still DENIED Caleb's requests to sell the book on their website.

The book is called “Kamala Harris & The Future of America.”

1000005723.jpg

You do know AI doesn’t have access to the latest news, on purpose.

1722290170663.png

But no, there cannot possibly be a reasonable explanation for any of this. He is positive that Google and its thousands of employees are conspiring against Trump!

The donations prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt (it couldn’t possibly be that the average Google employee fits the Harris demographic to a T, no it’s obviously a multi-national conspiracy).

Ye gods, this is entertaining. 😁

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom