Joe Biden on Gun Control (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Beach Friends

Reaction score
    While saying he supports the Second Amendment, Biden called the absolutist arguments of some gun-rights supporters “bizarre.” Noting people can’t own machine guns or bazookas, Biden said, “Why should we allow people to have military-style weapons including pistols with 9-mm bullets and can hold 10 or more rounds?

IMO, if Biden wants to persuade people, including those who want to retain the right to own weapons for self defense, he really should learn more about guns. Based on prior statements as well those he made in the linked article, he seems hung up on the idea that a shotgun is the correct weapon for personal defense, and that a 2-3 round capacity is adequate. Furthermore, when he throws out "9mm" as if it is some unusually lethal round, he really sounds as though he is, at best, willfully ignorant and can't be trusted when it comes to legislation restricting gun ownership.

Yeah, that wasn't my point... but I get yours... I'm just saying, people won't stop building houses if we outlaw pneumatic nail guns... they'll just find another tool to get the job done, or find a way to get around the law that prohibits it. People have been killing each other in droves since the dawn of the bronze age... the level of technology and type of weapon has not changed that fact.

Also, as I stated before... the vast majority of gun deaths - Are suicides.... another large percentage of gun deaths are criminal / drug related... these are mental health, self worth, life value, depression, desperation, lack of education, lack of guidance, lack of opportunity, etc etc etc issues.... not gun issues...

The use of guns in these situations is the symptom... all the other things I mentioned are the root cause. Until we address the root cause... none of the symptoms, or the tools used to generate those symptoms will go away.

Here lies the problem.

If you switch tools do you think any of the mass shooter would have done similar damage with a bow and arrow, knife, harpoon or anything else besides a bomb.

The knife would work but do you really think the sad people that can't take their problems with others head-on will then face to face kill them?

What is the big deal here. We have a generation of neglected children. You notice I said we have because they are our problem. If doing your part to help this neglected generation is to take a test do it. If it is to not own certain guns so what. We as a nation have to fix this problem because it is ours.

You can keep the but and what if shirt going if ya want. It is avoiding the problem and kinda childish. It has gotten plenty of children killed to this point.

Here lies the problem.

If you switch tools do you think any of the mass shooter would have done similar damage with a bow and arrow, knife, harpoon or anything else besides a bomb.

The knife would work but do you really think the sad people that can't take their problems with others head-on will then face to face kill them?

What is the big deal here. We have a generation of neglected children. You notice I said we have because they are our problem. If doing your part to help this neglected generation is to take a test do it. If it is to not own certain guns so what. We as a nation have to fix this problem because it is ours.

You can keep the but and what if shirt going if ya want. It is avoiding the problem and kinda childish. It has gotten plenty of children killed to this point.

How about instead of knife or harpoon... we get a Van and drive it 70 mph into a Mardi Gras crowd? This is not that hard...

Tell me how banning anything fixes these issues...? or limits access to any weapon...? My first gun was bought out of the trunk of a Buick... not a Wal-Mart or Academy....

Just like my first experience with drugs wasn't in a CVS or Walgreens...

Laws and bans (or more of them) only impact those willing to follow them...

The notion that more of them will somehow stop mental people from finding ways to kill the masses is short-sighted and does not address the root cause...

It doesn't take a ton of effort to get weapons illegally now (nor has it for a long time)... new laws and bans won't change that. It's just changes how some people attain them.

Here lies the problem.

So your concern is with the numbers of children killed?

Less would be okay as long as they don't die from guns?

I guess the point of the thread is that it seems that those who are the most adamant about limiting gun rights are those who know the least about guns.

Also, 2019 seems to be the year that Democrats are abandoning the old chorus of "no one wants to take away your guns." Beto was front and center on coming clean on that issue, and now you have Biden speaking as though it's insane that we "allow" citizens to have pistols with 10 round magazines in 9mm.

I guess the point of the thread is that it seems that those who are the most adamant about limiting gun rights are those who know the least about guns.

Also, 2019 seems to be the year that Democrats are abandoning the old chorus of "no one wants to take away your guns." Beto was front and center on coming clean on that issue, and now you have Biden speaking as though it's insane that we "allow" citizens to have pistols with 10 round magazines in 9mm.

Nope it is the pissing and moaning about rights rather than dealing with the problem.

It is about crying about what if people will still die bs

That is the problem with this thread.

The childish arguments from the crowd here is probably the same as the parent that buy these upper middle class kids doing the mass shooting all the forking guns in the first place.

Just a PSA, the Taurus G3 looks really nice for such an inexpensive polymer pistol.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.”

― Jeff Cooper

"Some of the cruelest tyrants in history were motivated by noble ideals, or made choices that they would call 'hard but necessary steps' for the good of their nation.”

― Jim Butcher

That all goes back to choosing the right weapon for you.
    And that's really the point, the nuance of right weapon for home or self defense, which is the weapon that's right for you. If Biden thinks the correct weapon for home defense is a shotgun, I happen to agree with him, and I am hardly alone in that thought.

I definitely agree that there is no "one" correct answer, and that it comes down to personal choice for which weapon is the best choice. I have no problem with Biden believing that a shotgun is the correct choice for him. My problem is that he believes his choice is the best and the only necessary option for everyone.

This documentary video illustrates just how wrong Biden is:

Last edited:

Shhhh, your really freaking out London at this point.

I definitely agree that there is no "one" correct answer, and that it comes down to personal choice for which weapon is the best choice. I have no problem with Biden believing that a shotgun is the correct choice for him. My problem is that he believes his choice is the best and the only necessary option for everyone.

Yeah make your point with a bunch of chicks shooting pistol grip shotguns. [mod edit - insulting.]

Why don't you show a video of somebody untrained using the wrong tool for the job.

This is the pointless shirt that is the problem with the gun crowd.

You guys don't get we have had more mass shootings than days this year!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Just a PSA, the Taurus G3 looks really nice for such an inexpensive polymer pistol.

I am going down today to look at the Ruger EC9S 9mm... I love my Ruger lcp but it's .380.. and 380 is so freaking high... But 9mm is reasonable... and I buying 9mm for my p38... so it just makes sense to bump up to a 9mm...

45230-DEFAULT-L.jpg

What that "documentary" shows (really, "documentary"?), is that people should not be handling guns without proper instruction, and the stupidity of giving a gun to someone who doesn't know how to use it for the lulz.

Last edited:
    I am going down today to look at the Ruger EC9S 9mm... I love my Ruger lcp but it's .380.. and 380 is so freaking high... But 9mm is reasonable... and I buying 9mm for my p38... so it just makes sense to bump up to a 9mm...

45230-DEFAULT-L.jpg

Yeah, my brother has a .380 and the ammo is just high enough to make you want to pass over it and buy some 9mm instead.

I like Ruger, had the SR22 just to plink with - wish I had kept it. I like the finish on the slide on the EC9s and I understand it has a nice trigger. Good choice - I do wish it came in a no safety option.

It's a good bit more cash, but I really am interested in the Sig P365XL. Love the additional rounds it gives you. I havent warmed up to the 365 SAS though (its designed to reduce snagging, but I dont think I would fire it as accurately as the XL because the sights are different).

What that documentary shows, is that people should not be handling guns without proper instruction, and the stupidity of giving a gun to someone who doesn't know how to use it for the lulz.

I agree that it certainly does show that.

But, it's hard enough to get some women on the range at all. You have a lot better luck if they fire a weapon without a lot of recoil. If you give them a 12 guage to fire a lot of them will fire the weapon exactly once.

I think it’s fair to want our representatives to be knowledgeable on a subject before proposing ideas related to that subject. I don’t think it’s going to change any minds either way, but it’s a fair thing to strive for.

Somehow I suspect it’s a double standard though.

I agree that it certainly does show that.

But, it's hard enough to get some women on the range at all. You have a lot better luck if they fire a weapon without a lot of recoil. If you give them a 12 guage to fire a lot of them will fire the weapon exactly once.

To some extent you are right.

But having a pistol grip shotgun without the vertical front grip the forend makes it hard for the larger strong as heck men of the world hard to use. So why on Earth would you put it in a woman's hand?

So putting one in the hands of an untrained woman is for shirts and giggles while shooting video. Hopefully none of them were injured.

So yes if you were to find the right tool for a woman to shoot and shotgun that also means the type of shot she could do it fine with training.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom