Israel vs Hamas (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Looks like the fight is on with Israeli soldiers and civilians amongst the dead already. Question becomes, how long before we get dragged into this?

Vice President Harris gave a speech this weekend calling for an immediate cease fire which led to cheers, but then she caveated it with for 6 weeks. The cease fire would require Hamas to release more hostages, which is the only thing that is keeping Israel somewhat restrained. Harris is only calling for a 6 week cease fire, so is that a cease fire or a pause? It's like kicking the can down the road, because a few weeks after the cease fire is over, people will again begin to starve. It needs to be permanent until civilians can be evacuated. I said it before this started that camps needed to be setup in Israel. They could've kept everyone fed without killing thousands, and then leveled Gaza. In my opinion, Israelis are the bad guys now, because they had alternatives.

Vice President Harris gave a speech this weekend calling for an immediate cease fire which led to cheers, but then she caveated it with for 6 weeks. The cease fire would require Hamas to release more hostages, which is the only thing that is keeping Israel somewhat restrained. Harris is only calling for a 6 week cease fire, so is that a cease fire or a pause? It's like kicking the can down the road, because a few weeks after the cease fire is over, people will again begin to starve. It needs to be permanent until civilians can be evacuated. I said it before this started that camps needed to be setup in Israel. They could've kept everyone fed without killing thousands, and then leveled Gaza. In my opinion, Israelis are the bad guys now, because they had alternatives.

This, and the US rejected a ceasefire resolution on February 20th.

The aid drops won't do nearly enough for millions of starving people, and what we saw last week (Israel firing on crowds trying to receive aid) I would not blame people for being fearful.

There isn’t any practical difference between a “ceasefire” and a “pause”. They mean the same thing. If it’s permanent it is called a peace treaty or similar.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I mean, we heard how easily and thoughtlessly the 'beheaded babies' lie was spread, even in Washington. Wouldn't shock me if it was a smear campaign used to justify what the IDF seemed pretty primed to do after October 7th.

That being said, i don't know 100%. But I'd err on the side of being suspicious of the claims.

I don't think the UN has exactly been on Israel's side in this war. Not seeing a reason why they would lie. But also, HAMAS is a terrorist group, raping women is not beyond them. I not seeing a reason to doubt those allegations from the October 7th attack.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I mean, we heard how easily and thoughtlessly the 'beheaded babies' lie was spread, even in Washington. Wouldn't shock me if it was a smear campaign used to justify what the IDF seemed pretty primed to do after October 7th.

That being said, i don't know 100%. But I'd err on the side of being suspicious of the claims.
    This is the same corporate media that many claim are credible. When it comes to war, one should be skeptical until evidence is produced.

There isn’t any practical difference between a “ceasefire” and a “pause”. They mean the same thing. If it’s permanent it is called a peace treaty or similar.
    True, but some are trying to push the narrative that a ceasefire is more permanent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom