Israel vs Hamas (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Looks like the fight is on with Israeli soldiers and civilians amongst the dead already. Question becomes, how long before we get dragged into this?

I was fine with Isreal doing what they needed to do to get the hostages back and deal with Hamas, but Isreal has taken it way too far.

Biden's UNITED STATES OF AMERICA'S unconditional support for Isreal as they continue to commit genocide is absolutely appalling.
    fify:9:

Fine. Then why aren't you calling them out for not holding Israel responsible for their obvious war crimes? Why does Congress gets a pass? If Congress wanted to change our stance on Israel, they most certainly could, and yet, crickets from them, you and the overwhelming majority of Americans. Why is that?
    I did call them out when I emailed them multiple times. Are you talking about calling them out here? What's that going to do?

Biden could cut off all aid to force a ceasefire.

I'm aware that there is massive support for Isreal in both parties, but Biden is president and he could cut off all aid(not just money for the war) to force a ceasefire. Congressman and Senators don't have that kind of power.
    Sure they do!!!

That is exactly why we have checks & balances written in our Constitution! POTUS is not a King or Emperor, they can do very little without the approval of Congress and if there was a congressional resolution calling for an immediate cease-fire, it would happen. But that resolution will never come from this Congress because they prefer this partisan bickering, they don't want to be held accountable and you are happy to oblige them.

Sure they do!!!

That is exactly why we have checks & balances written in our Constitution! POTUS is not a King or Emperor, they can do very little without the approval of Congress and if there was a congressional resolution calling for an immediate cease-fire, it would happen. But that resolution will never come from this Congress because they prefer this partisan bickering, they don't want to be held accountable and you are happy to oblige them.
    I meant to say individual Congressman and Senators don't have the power to do it. I'm aware that Congress as a body does have the power, but the President has that power himself.

It's just not right. How is this tolerated by the US?

Screenshot_20240229-074240.png

There should be a way the US/UN can guarantee the safety of aid trucks and aid workers. At least as far as the IDF is concerned.

Last edited:

This is at least the second time IIRC that Israel has agreed to a cease fire, but Hamas has not. Also I remember one time that Israel didn’t agree but that time I don’t think Hamas did either.

It’s a shame that we spend so much money in politics on advertising to try to persuade and scare politicians. I think most know that Israel is causing massive problems for civilians in Gaza. They claim with their words that they are doing the best they can to eliminate Hamas without causing civilian casualties, but then we get reports that contradict that. We know Netanyahu has an incentive to continue the war. They may be our allies, but I don’t think we should fear saying that we don’t support their current actions, and even criticize it. It’s ridiculous that these lobbyists scare our politicians into taking non-principled stances. It makes us weaker as leaders of the free world, because we’re backing Israel despite their bad actions. I think there will be a backlash due to this in the future.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom