Israel vs Hamas (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Looks like the fight is on with Israeli soldiers and civilians amongst the dead already. Question becomes, how long before we get dragged into this?

This is shaping up to be a catastrophic failure of the international media.

Why do you say that? Are you saying that there weren't a lot of dead? I didn't hear 800, but I did hear it was 200-300 with another 200 injured. That wasn't confirmed, but are you saying it's a lot less than that?

Why do you say that? Are you saying that there weren't a lot of dead? I didn't hear 800, but I did hear it was 200-300 with another 200 injured. That wasn't confirmed, but are you saying it's a lot less than that?
    Based on the pictures, no more than a few dozen unless they were all crammed in one spot outside in the middle of the night. Not very likely. The blast radius appeared to be a hundred feet or so and a lot of the damage appeared to have been caused by fuel that ignited.

It's pretty clear the numbers were exaggerated to make Israel look worse. Gonna keep saying it. I wouldn't trust any Gaza government official to be objective as they either work for Hamas or sympathize with them. Hamas doesn't tolerate dissent in their government.

It absolutely does matter though. Tragic? Yes. And who's accountable? The lion's share since the massacres is Hamas, while Israel gets some of the blame as well.

seems like a lot of the comments were about the numbers of dead being exaggerated, and who did what vs... the actual people who died. I don't know if I am wording this very well. It is almost like, from all the back and forth, the people who died is not as important as those other factors. To me it was some weird things to be focused on vs the causalities (however there might be, and whomever caused it).

But he also got snubbed for it, which doesn't help the conflict IMO.

Meh, gets to come home quicker.

Which, if you wanted to track on FlightRadar24 - its callsign GRIM99 ( no idea why "grim" but found it ironic based on the reason for trip - it was GRIM99 outbound to Israel as well )

Fwiw, I've been reading a lot of different sources and it was reported that there were a lot of people who didn't have any shelter and they were sleeping outside on the grounds nearby. With the density of people there, I'd agree it's possible the number of dead could be in the hundreds if there were thousands of people crammed in that area.

I'm still skeptical. I saw a video of the source a Turkish news report attributed and the official was hysterical and blaming Israel and calling the incident a genocide and said everyone in the area was dead and body parts everywhere. There wasn't a single objective statement he made. If this is how the media is sourcing "facts", that's pretty terrible.

Fwiw, I've been reading a lot of different sources and it was reported that there were a lot of people who didn't have any shelter and they were sleeping outside on the grounds nearby. With the density of people there, I'd agree it's possible the number of dead could be in the hundreds if there were thousands of people crammed in that area.

I'm still skeptical. I saw a video of the source a Turkish news report attributed and the official was hysterical and blaming Israel and calling the incident a genocide and said everyone in the area was dead and body parts everywhere. There wasn't a single objective statement he made. If this is how the media is sourcing "facts", that's pretty terrible.

Understood, I was just wondering it she ran into some information that was more official. I don't think 100's of dead are out of the question given that Palestinians where sheltering there as a safe harbor since the hospitals was Christian and it was thought that it would be safer than most other places.

Understood, I was just wondering it she ran into some information that was more official. I don't think 100's of dead are out of the question given that Palestinians where sheltering there as a safe harbor since the hospitals was Christian and it was thought that it would be safer than most other places.
    Yeah, agreed. Getting good reliable info out of Gaza is just so hit and miss right now. More miss than hits it seems.

Because almost all the western media ran with the Hamas lie about the blast and repeated it. I even thought it was established fact that it was an Israeli missile until a few hours later. I don’t know how many people were killed but I don’t believe the original estimates at all. Now that media spread the Hamas story - people will not revise their knowledge. Especially those people who want to believe it was Israel. My impression from news coverage was that the hospital had been destroyed and most people inside had been killed. It wasn’t that way at all. The news coverage was basically a Hamas press release.

Because almost all the western media ran with the Hamas lie about the blast and repeated it. I even thought it was established fact that it was an Israeli missile until a few hours later. I don’t know how many people were killed but I don’t believe the original estimates at all. Now that media spread the Hamas story - people will not revise their knowledge. Especially those people who want to believe it was Israel. My impression from news coverage was that the hospital had been destroyed and most people inside had been killed. It wasn’t that way at all. The news coverage was basically a Hamas press release.
    Hell, most of the Palestinian and ME news media have refused to retract their stories and are still standing by the original reports, and this is just adding fuel to the fire raging in the protests all over the place. They need to get their sheet straight in the media or they'll have a lot of blood on their hands for the wrong reasons.

And at a time when credible media needs to be more vigilant than ever, this kind of rushed, inaccurate reporting is even more harmful. Information is immediately amplified through a poorly regulated and manipulated network of social media platforms. We see time and again that the disinformation spreads at a much faster rate than the retractions and fact-checking, and there are people who are skilled at using that to suit their agendas.

So...was the hospital bombed or damaged and has there been any photos of this hospital published anywhere?

There's soooo much BS surrounding this story that I don't trust any of it. All I've seen is this parking lot photo with destroyed cars and 2 small craters and those craters aren't not from any bombs or air-to-ground missiles because the explosive weight of those munitions start at 125lbs and up.

So...was the hospital bombed or damaged and has there been any photos of this hospital published anywhere?

There's soooo much BS surrounding this story that I don't trust any of it. All I've seen is this parking lot photo with destroyed cars and 2 small craters and those craters aren't not from any bombs or air-to-ground missiles because the explosive weight of those munitions start at 125lbs and up.

Just two I've seen...roof top photo showing burnt cars and one from ground showing small crater.

US just announced its convinced based on all data they gathered it was not Israel.

And having seen what a 1000lb jdam can do, there wouldn't be a single car in that courtyard still in its parking spot much less with untouched paint job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom