Israel vs Hamas (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Looks like the fight is on with Israeli soldiers and civilians amongst the dead already. Question becomes, how long before we get dragged into this?

So the first post on this topic that SaintForLife took offense with and felt they had to reply to was the 16th post in this thread.

That is the first and only mention of possible Russian support of the attacks on Israel prior to SaintForLife's reply.

That makes it completely and abundantly clear that defending Russia and Putin is SaintForLife's top priority of conversation.

So, yeah, there's that.
    I'm reading a thread about Isreal vs Hamas and only 16 posts in Russia was already brought up based on a Tweet that wasn't even true. I figured some mention of Russia being to blame would be coming, but I was even surprised that it was mentioned so quickly.

When someone has been conditioned by the corporate media to blame Russia or to think Russia was involved in almost every situation then it becomes a pathological obsession for many on the left to automatically assume Russia was involved.

Why must you keep bringing up this $6bn bit? Do I need to denounce something that I don’t believe is true? I have stated multiple times that I am not referring to it. Just stop already.

Actually, in the article it points out US made arms are being used by Hamas (not all, but some). That shouldn’t be a shock. Given our activity in that region of the world weapons may “disappear”. And to your point these weapons can get stolen or left behind. When we left Afghanistan in the middle of the night we left a lot of munitions behind, and you can be confident much of that fell into the hands of the wrong people.

In the end, you have US Taxpayer funded munitions falling into the hands of the wrong folks. It sucks.
    Is there more to the article than I am seeing? Because it doesn’t point out anything. It equivocates.

Why must you keep bringing up this $6bn bit? Do I need to denounce something that I don’t believe is true? I have stated multiple times that I am not referring to it. Just stop already.

Actually, in the article it points out US made arms are being used by Hamas (not all, but some). That shouldn’t be a shock. Given our activity in that region of the world weapons may “disappear”. And to your point these weapons can get stolen or left behind. When we left Afghanistan in the middle of the night we left a lot of munitions behind, and you can be confident much of that fell into the hands of the wrong people.

In the end, you have US Taxpayer funded munitions falling into the hands of the wrong folks. It sucks.
    Yes, but the tweet seems to imply we're actively doing this, and that's clearly not true.

I'm reading a thread about Isreal vs Hamas and only 16 posts in Russia was already brought up based on a Tweet that wasn't even true. I figured some mention of Russia being to blame would be coming, but I was even surprised that it was mentioned so quickly.

When someone has been conditioned by the corporate media to blame Russia or to think Russia was involved in almost every situation then it becomes a pathological obsession for many on the left to automatically assume Russia was involved.
    Dude, reading comprehension is that hard? It's right there in her post..."Speculation". Do you not know what that word means? Smh.

There isn’t any pathological obsession. At least not on my end.

I am not sure why you want to defend Putin and Russia, but they are supporting Hamas, and Iran. Have been for years. Whether that tweet is right or wrong - and it could be that the support came from Iran, but like I said Russia supports Hamas, and Iran.

It’s not pathological to wonder how much they were involved in this barbaric attack when Russia stands to benefit immensely from it. Can you even acknowledge this fact? That Russia benefits greatly from this barbaric Hamas attack?

Putin is a bad actor, and because of that Russia cannot be trusted. Does that open up the possibility of potentially exaggerating Russian influence in affairs where that might be overstated or misplaced? Perhaps. But that doesn't change the facts about Putin and Russia. It is troubling that there are Americans who are being swayed and conditioned by their chosen corporate propagandists, and self-serving messenger cronies, to be Putin/Russia sympathizers. I have my suspicions why that is.

Last edited:
    At least Fox is correcting the liars when they spout the nonsense about the $6B.

“Some who are advancing this false narrative, they’re either misinformed or they’re misinforming. And either way, it’s wrong,” Blinken said in the broadcast interviews, calling it “deeply unfortunate that some are playing politics when so many lives have been lost and Israel remains under attack.”

Asked about the argument that Iran, in anticipation of using the money — now held in Qatari banks — for food, medicine, medical supplies and agricultural products, may have diverted other funds to Hamas or other proxies, Blinken said those assets have been available to Tehran, under the law, for humanitarian purposes. But he also said Iran “has unfortunately always used and focused its funds on supporting terrorism, on supporting groups like Hamas.”

Kerry:
    “Absolutely, money is fungible.”

Kerry also went on to state that a portion of any funding to Iran will be used for terroristic purposes (in this case the IRGC), and “it always has…that’s no surprise.”

There isn’t any pathological obsession. At least not on my end.

I am not sure why you want to defend Putin and Russia, but they are supporting Hamas, and Iran. Have been for years. Whether that tweet is right or wrong - and it could be that the support came from Iran, but like I said Russia supports Hamas, and Iran.

It’s not pathological to wonder how much they were involved in this barbaric attack when Russia stands to benefit immensely from it. Can you even acknowledge this fact? That Russia benefits greatly from this barbaric Hamas attack?
    See how quickly you moved to me defending Putin? You posted a tweet that was based on something that wasn't true. You went straight to the CIA/Neocon talking points. It's a pathological obsession.

Isreal has a right to respond to the atrocities, but I don't agree with their methods. No electricity, food, water, fuel, etc will predominantly hurt the citizens of Gaza and create a humanitarian crisis. Also bombing buildings that include people and kids is not the way to do it although I understand Hamas uses citizens as human shields.

It's a vicious cycle with how Isreal treats Gaza by severely restricting what's allowed to come into Gaza and the settlements while Hamas targets any Jews they can find. The recent actions of Hamas are brutal and horrific so I don't object to a response from Isreal although I don't agree with Isreal's methods and the situation is going to get much worse.

Who is calling Hamas anything other than terrorist? Also, I find it equally appalling that he claims that Israelis are being dehumanized when ALL Palestinians are being equated to Hamas. Pointing out the inhumane hardships that the everyday Palestinian face IS NOT CONDONING OR SANATIZING WHAT THESE HAMAS TERRORIST HAS DONE AND IS DOING!!!

This would seem to be misinformation.

Money is fungible.

The following does not excuse Hamas’s most recent actions, but the historical context should be considered. The creation of Israel was at the expense of Palestinians and for the last 70 year, along with the continued oppression of Palestinians so Israel can feel safe, but they are not safe .
    • Creation of Israel orchestrated by the BrIrish, US and UN in British Controlled Palestine (their colony?) at the expense of Palestinians and Israel has been oppressing them and been in conflict ever since.
    • Many Arabs saw the influx of Jews as a European colonial movement, and the two peoples fought bitterly
    • Israel took 77% of the Palestinian lands and was taking more and more in the West Bank myopically feeling that it was their right to do so.
    • Many Palestinians view Israel, as a might makes right, terrorist State.

Social and political developments in Europe convinced Jews they needed their own country, and their ancestral homeland seemed like the right place to establish it. European Jews — 90 percent of all Jews at the time — arrived at Zionism partly because of rising anti-Semitic persecution and partly because the Enlightenment introduced Jews to secular nationalism. Between 1896 and 1948, hundreds of thousands of Jews resettled from Europe to what was then British-controlled Palestine, including large numbers forced out of Europe during the Holocaust.

smaller partition

Many Arabs saw the influx of Jews as a European colonial movement, and the two peoples fought bitterly. The British couldn’t control the violence, and in 1947 the United Nations voted to split the land into two countries. Almost all of the roughly 650,000 Jews went to the blue territory in the map to the right, and a majority of the Arab population (roughly twice the size of the Jewish community) went to the orange.

The Jewish residents accepted the deal. The Palestinians, who saw the plan as an extension of a long-running Jewish attempt push them out of the land, fought it. The Arab states of Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, and Syria all later declared war on Israel, as well (albeit not to defend the Palestinians).

Israeli forces defeated the Palestinian militias and Arab armies in a vicious conflict that turned 700,000 Palestinian civilians into refugees. The UN partition promised 56 percent of British Palestine for the Jewish state; by the end of the war, Israel possessed 77 percent — everything except the West Bank and the eastern quarter of Jerusalem (controlled by Jordan), as well as the Gaza Strip (controlled by Egypt). It left Israelis with a state, but not Palestinians.

...and what does any of those ignorant takes have to do with what Greenblatt was expressing directly to the reporters of MSNBC? I bet if I were to turn to that channel right now, he would be on with them providing his umpteenth interview on any one of their shows.

...and what does any of those ignorant takes have to do with what Greenblatt was expressing directly to the reporters of MSNBC? I bet if I were to turn to that channel right now, he would be on with them providing his umpteenth interview on any one of their shows.
    You asked "Who is calling Hamas anything other than terrorist?"

Money is fungible.
    Money indeed is fungible. But that $6b hadn't been touched yet. So that part is completely irrelevant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom