/* */

Israel vs Hamas (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    Looks like the fight is on with Israeli soldiers and civilians amongst the dead already. Question becomes, how long before we get dragged into this?

I don’t think that congresspeople had actual intelligence that Hamas would attack. That being said sometimes the perception of impropriety can be just as important as actual impropriety. Cutting off direct access while in office would do much to improve the image of our elected/appointed buffoons.
    Again, I'm not against restricting Congress from trading stocks, even for the mere appearance. But bringing it up now and blatantly implying Congress traded, no profited from this attack, is not right.

Again, I'm not against restricting Congress from trading stocks, even for the mere appearance. But bringing it up now and blatantly implying Congress traded, no profited from it, is not right.
    They may or may not have. We really don't know for sure. It's happened before, and until the rules change, it no doubt will happen again. People will do a lot of shady things given the opportunity to add to their portfolios.

Keep in mind, it's becoming apparent that Russia and Iran were both aware that Hamas was planning this. If they were aware, then it wouldn't be shocking if some in Congress had an inkling something big was coming.

That said, for all we know, they may have been increasing positions in defensive stocks because of the Ukraine war as much as anything else.

I'm of the opinion they shouldn't be allowed to trade stocks while in office.

They may or may not have. We really don't know for sure. It's happened before, and until the rules change, it no doubt will happen again. People will do a lot of shady things given the opportunity to add to their portfolios.

Keep in mind, it's becoming apparent that Russia and Iran were both aware that Hamas was planning this. If they were aware, then it wouldn't be shocking if some in Congress had an inkling something big was coming.

That said, for all we know, they may have been increasing positions in defensive stocks because of the Ukraine war as much as anything else.

Yeah, I'm all for serious, meaningful reforms and regulations to our capitalist system and I hope the people who bring up these tangential issues agree, and that it's not just a distraction from whatever the more pressing event is at the time.

Because somehow, I'm not convinced that reforming and regulating capitalism is something a lot of people in this country actually want to do.

Again! I'm fine with restricting Congress with trading. And again, it's something else to ACCUSE them of knowingly trading if they knew the attack was coming. The timing of this accusation is unwarranted. It sows distrust in an emergency. SHOW us where they traded prior to the attacks. It's public knowledge.

I think the onus should be on the one posting the meme. The perception it gives is that the US is funding both Hamas and Israel in this conflict and that's simply not true.

@el caliente is playing the innuendo game that is now common from the right. Basically any tangential information is proof of conspiracies and nefarious actions.

Last edited:
    Again, I'm not against restricting Congress from trading stocks, even for the mere appearance. But bringing it up now and blatantly implying Congress traded, no profited from this attack, is not right.
    The implication is wrong, imo. I don’t think most congresspeople are smart enough when faced with a situation like the Middle East. When faced, for instance, with legislation regarding Pharma and they hold Pharma stock? That is something different.

He's not talking about the meme being debunked, but the idea that the $6b that was supposed to be unfrozen, and rumors were posted on FB and X claiming that Iran used the money to fund the attack on Israel when they haven't even touched that money yet. The $6b is all still there and hasn't been touched yet.
    Oh, I’m not talking about that $6Bn. If I gave of that impression then pardon me. As far as I know that’s still locked up.

Given the size of the package, it will be interesting to see who (of the listed congress people) will be pushing for the military aid size.

Also, I will be happy to post the Unusual Whale report once it comes available.

Last edited:
    LOL " thats the money shot" - HAHA pron reference

Not to mention "producer" says " shells about 6 miles away " as if he knows HAHA.
    I mean, just reading the title of the video brings up the immediate question of why. Why would anyone need to fake a rocket attack in Israel?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom