Is Russia about to invade Ukraine? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Russia continues to mass assets within range of Ukraine - though the official explanations are that they are for various exercises. United States intelligence has noted that Russian operatives in Ukraine could launch 'false flag' operations as a predicate to invasion. The West has pressed for negotiations and on Friday in Geneva, the US Sec. State Blinken will meet with the Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov.

Certainly the Russian movements evidence some plan - but what is it? Some analysts believe that Putin's grand scheme involves securing Western commitments that NATO would never expand beyond its current composition. Whether that means action in Ukraine or merely the movement of pieces on the chess board remains to be seen.

VIENNA — No one expected much progress from this past week’s diplomatic marathon to defuse the security crisis Russia has ignited in Eastern Europe by surrounding Ukraine on three sides with 100,000 troops and then, by the White House’s accounting, sending in saboteurs to create a pretext for invasion.

But as the Biden administration and NATO conduct tabletop simulations about how the next few months could unfold, they are increasingly wary of another set of options for President Vladimir V. Putin, steps that are more far-reaching than simply rolling his troops and armor over Ukraine’s border.

Mr. Putin wants to extend Russia’s sphere of influence to Eastern Europe and secure written commitments that NATO will never again enlarge. If he is frustrated in reaching that goal, some of his aides suggested on the sidelines of the negotiations last week, then he would pursue Russia’s security interests with results that would be felt acutely in Europe and the United States.

There were hints, never quite spelled out, that nuclear weapons could be shifted to places — perhaps not far from the United States coastline — that would reduce warning times after a launch to as little as five minutes, potentially igniting a confrontation with echoes of the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.

I remember Senator Graham saying we can't let Russia or China get a hold of the trillions in minerals that Ukraine has. That's what this war is all about.

Still the Russian propagandist linking tweets from a...guess who? A Russian propagandist. You do realize who he works for, right? I guess there's no point in hiding it at this point. Trolling the board with nonsense should get you banned, but I'll settle for making you the example of who not to listen to.

I remember Senator Graham saying we can't let Russia or China get a hold of the trillions in minerals that Ukraine has. That's what this war is all about.

So, it wasn’t about Nazis or oppression of Christianity or ethnic Russians or about a corrupt Ukrainian government.

It was about Putin wanting to take something he wanted from a sovereign country.

And, of course, DaveXA is right as well.

So, maybe you should get the facts straight before pouring out more bullschlitz while faking a peacenik stance.

Besides the historic implications of allowing a super power to take what they want, the lithium reserves is a good justification to prevent Russia from taking over Ukraine. It is just and practical to help Ukraine. Lithium is critical for the future, and having Russia control a huge portion of those reserves would be very bad for the world. We'd defend Saudi Arabia against Russia as well, because of their oil reserves.

@jimmy_dore: "I never hated Trump. I hated the system that got us Trump. Barack Obama bailed out the banks and kicked 5.1 million families out of their homes and then gave us a right-wing health care plan that was a giveaway to Big Pharma and insurance companies."

@joerogan: "Look what's happening in Ukraine, and we just signed for another ten years of war, worth what? $800 billion?"

@jimmy_dore: "It's a money funneling operation. That's what Afghanistan was. The wars aren't meant to be won. They are meant to be ongoing. They had a peace agreement almost immediately after Russia invaded. Ukraine agreed. Zelensky agreed. They flew out Boris Johnson to say, 'You can't do this, or we're going to kill you.' So this war is ongoing, and they have to rip people off corners and put them in vans to fight. The average age of the Ukrainian military is over 40 years old."

@joerogan: "Have you seen the videos of Ukrainian guys getting kidnapped? They just grab guys with their families. People are screaming, and they throw them in a van. You're going to go fight in a war."

@jimmy_dore: "Nobody knows how this war started. You've had @ComicDaveSmith on. He explained it. Nobody knows about the Maidan Coup that the U.S. got in bed with right-wing Nazis in Ukraine to overthrow a democratically elected government. Then they started bombing the people in Eastern Ukraine called the Donbass, and they wouldn't stop. They had two peace agreements called the Minsk Accords. Guess who violated that? Ukraine. And, of course, it was the expansion of NATO to Russia's border, which everybody from Kissinger to Chomsky and everybody in between said, 'That's a mistake. Don't do that.' And, of course, that's what they did."

@jimmy_dore: "Look what the United States did to Iraq. Look what we did to Libya. The most successful country in Africa. The guy created the world's eighth wonder to deliver water and turn deserts into farmland. Everybody had a house, education, and health care. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton turned that into a failed state run by terrorists with open slave markets. They'll never pay a price."

@joerogan: "Yeah, it's a conundrum for sure. But don't you think that more people are aware that it's bullshirt than ever before? I think shows like yours and these independent online shows that aren't beholden to a corporation can actually connect the dots with knowledgeable people. It's just a different world now."

@jimmy_dore: "I never hated Trump. I hated the system that got us Trump. Barack Obama bailed out the banks and kicked 5.1 million families out of their homes and then gave us a right-wing health care plan that was a giveaway to Big Pharma and insurance companies."

@joerogan: "Look what's happening in Ukraine, and we just signed for another ten years of war, worth what? $800 billion?"

@jimmy_dore: "It's a money funneling operation. That's what Afghanistan was. The wars aren't meant to be won. They are meant to be ongoing. They had a peace agreement almost immediately after Russia invaded. Ukraine agreed. Zelensky agreed. They flew out Boris Johnson to say, 'You can't do this, or we're going to kill you.' So this war is ongoing, and they have to rip people off corners and put them in vans to fight. The average age of the Ukrainian military is over 40 years old."

@joerogan: "Have you seen the videos of Ukrainian guys getting kidnapped? They just grab guys with their families. People are screaming, and they throw them in a van. You're going to go fight in a war."

@jimmy_dore: "Nobody knows how this war started. You've had @ComicDaveSmith on. He explained it. Nobody knows about the Maidan Coup that the U.S. got in bed with right-wing Nazis in Ukraine to overthrow a democratically elected government. Then they started bombing the people in Eastern Ukraine called the Donbass, and they wouldn't stop. They had two peace agreements called the Minsk Accords. Guess who violated that? Ukraine. And, of course, it was the expansion of NATO to Russia's border, which everybody from Kissinger to Chomsky and everybody in between said, 'That's a mistake. Don't do that.' And, of course, that's what they did."

@jimmy_dore: "Look what the United States did to Iraq. Look what we did to Libya. The most successful country in Africa. The guy created the world's eighth wonder to deliver water and turn deserts into farmland. Everybody had a house, education, and health care. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton turned that into a failed state run by terrorists with open slave markets. They'll never pay a price."

@joerogan: "Yeah, it's a conundrum for sure. But don't you think that more people are aware that it's bullshirt than ever before? I think shows like yours and these independent online shows that aren't beholden to a corporation can actually connect the dots with knowledgeable people. It's just a different world now."

More lies. You just posted about minerals and Putin wanted them. The Nazi bullschlitz has been debunked multiple times yet here you are again.

And Rogan is a complete moron.

Covert Cabal put out a video on Russia's tank reserves. For those who don't know, he is part of a group that buys satellite images of Russian graveyards. They track the movement of equipment in or out of the sites.

Interesting. Why hasn’t Putin blustered about Nazis in Hungary?

Oh, that’s right, Orban and Putin are buddies.

Covert Cabal put out a video on Russia's tank reserves. For those who don't know, he is part of a group that buys satellite images of Russian graveyards. They track the movement of equipment in or out of the sites.

I almost gave your post a LOL, because of the associating of the sponsor's, Hello Fresh, meals to MRE's. Yum, MRE's. Exactly what I want to pay a high subscription price for.

As the resupplies, especially fighter jets and air defenses, start rolling into Ukraine, Russia will start losing ground again. I think this is Russia's last push. By a lot of accounts, they've got nothing left in reserve but cannon fodder, which won't go over well with the folks back in Russia.

I almost gave your post a LOL, because of the associating of the sponsor's, Hello Fresh, meals to MRE's. Yum, MRE's. Exactly what I want to pay a high subscription price for.

As the resupplies, especially fighter jets and air defenses, start rolling into Ukraine, Russia will start losing ground again. I think this is Russia's last push. By a lot of accounts, they've got nothing left in reserve but cannon fodder, which won't go over well with the folks back in Russia.

Hello Fresh is pretty tasty, to be fair. lol

Salient part from a long tweet:

“Summarizing the paragraphs above, it appears that the Kremlin considers this year to be the make-or-break period. The Russian reserves are not enough to sustain a prolonged war, beyond the next 2 or 3 years. It is coming to on end, one way or another, so more than ever Russian cannon fodder has to be thrown into the fire. Putin needs to convince or more specifically bluff that Russia is winning, now more than ever, but numbers are not lying and Russia is failing by virtually every metric.

This is why Russians are investing so much to install their puppets in Western leadership positions and hope that they stop the war for them. This concerted effort by Russia will accelerate in the coming months. If Russians fail in doing so or their puppets do not turn out being this good, especially after realizing that long-term precautions have been taken to mitigate those risks, it will have a dramatic impact on the Russian war effort.”

By a lot of accounts, they've got nothing left in reserve but cannon fodder, which won't go over well with the folks back in Russia.

They are pulling in "mercenaries" from Asia and Africa- they are sending wounded BACK to front. They attack now on motorcycles, golf carts and scooters.

This has been going on now for months. And the Russian citizenry is none the wiser. So long as it really doesnt affect them, they will continue to pretend like it doesnt exist. ( the massive losses Russia is taking in the form of men and armor ) You need to understand fully the "Russkie Mir" ( Russian World ) mantra to understand just how isolated the average Russian is when it comes to knowledge about the rest of the globe. Isolation, State-controlled media and Putin has programmed them from birth.

Then go look at before and after photos of Chasiv Yar, Bahkmut, Izyum, Vorochansk etc etc. All uninhabitable wastelands of utter destruction- which is part of the "Russkie Mir" - if we cant have, no one will.

Shoot, in Belgorod region ( mainly border towns with Ukraine where they attempted to move on Kharkiv ) Russians are PAINTING the roof of homes with BHP ( stands for Bilhorod Peoples Republic ) as a symbol to Ukrainian Military that they stand with them ( its a ruse to keep home from being targeted ) The Belgorod regional government, in response to citizens questioning and complaining about lack of defense for their property, GAVE OUT FIRE EXTINGUISHERS to residents.

Think about that for a second. Its insane.

And yet life goes on because its the "Russian way" . Sacrifice and suffer for the Motherland.

The West needs to remove the restrictions of targeting inside Russia and allow UAF to target the airfields from which these attacks originate. I also agree more AD for Ukraine is needed. Especially for Kyiv.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom