Is Russia about to invade Ukraine? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
    Reaction score
    Russia continues to mass assets within range of Ukraine - though the official explanations are that they are for various exercises. United States intelligence has noted that Russian operatives in Ukraine could launch 'false flag' operations as a predicate to invasion. The West has pressed for negotiations and on Friday in Geneva, the US Sec. State Blinken will meet with the Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov.

Certainly the Russian movements evidence some plan - but what is it? Some analysts believe that Putin's grand scheme involves securing Western commitments that NATO would never expand beyond its current composition. Whether that means action in Ukraine or merely the movement of pieces on the chess board remains to be seen.

VIENNA — No one expected much progress from this past week’s diplomatic marathon to defuse the security crisis Russia has ignited in Eastern Europe by surrounding Ukraine on three sides with 100,000 troops and then, by the White House’s accounting, sending in saboteurs to create a pretext for invasion.

But as the Biden administration and NATO conduct tabletop simulations about how the next few months could unfold, they are increasingly wary of another set of options for President Vladimir V. Putin, steps that are more far-reaching than simply rolling his troops and armor over Ukraine’s border.

Mr. Putin wants to extend Russia’s sphere of influence to Eastern Europe and secure written commitments that NATO will never again enlarge. If he is frustrated in reaching that goal, some of his aides suggested on the sidelines of the negotiations last week, then he would pursue Russia’s security interests with results that would be felt acutely in Europe and the United States.

There were hints, never quite spelled out, that nuclear weapons could be shifted to places — perhaps not far from the United States coastline — that would reduce warning times after a launch to as little as five minutes, potentially igniting a confrontation with echoes of the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.

Russian Telegram channels now saying it was own Russian ADA (Air defense ) that took them down.

Because in Russia, it's easier to "sell" that it was friendly fire accident than to admit UAF actually caused the downing.

Lol.
    Russia gonna Russia. It's comical how incompetent they are.

Ukraine posters on Twitter say they were hit by Ukraine. Drones, maybe?

Ukraine posters on Twitter say they were hit by Ukraine. Drones, maybe?

No drones. There is simply speculation as UAF will not disclose the "how"

First is Patriot missiles.

second, which is more intricate, is the coordination of planes launching "MALD" ( mini air launch decoy" ) missiles towards Kerch, to distract the AN 50 and others to focus on that attack, when another plane launches AIM120 air to air missiles ( range of about 100 miles ) targeting both aircraft.

Here is a better explainer thread on the latter....

No drones. There is simply speculation as UAF will not disclose the "how"

First is Patriot missiles.

second, which is more intricate, is the coordination of planes launching "MALD" ( mini air launch decoy" ) missiles towards Kerch, to distract the AN 50 and others to focus on that attack, when another plane launches AIM120 air to air missiles ( range of about 100 miles ) targeting both aircraft.

Here is a better explainer thread on the latter....

I've read that they were out of range of the Patriot missiles. MALD + air ro air missile coordinated attack makes more sense.

I wouldn't rule out friendly fire on one plane, but 2 at the same time doesn't seem likely.

It's over

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has asked Switzerland to organise a 'high-level peace conference' amid the ongoing war with Russia.

Swiss President, Viola Amherd, revealed during a joint press conference in Bern: 'I confirmed that Switzerland is ready to organize the conference. We agreed that the details of the further approach will be looked into in depth in order to make this peace process a success.'

It's over

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has asked Switzerland to organise a 'high-level peace conference' amid the ongoing war with Russia.

Swiss President, Viola Amherd, revealed during a joint press conference in Bern: 'I confirmed that Switzerland is ready to organize the conference. We agreed that the details of the further approach will be looked into in depth in order to make this peace process a success.'

Do you think this means that Russia “won”? Is that why you say it’s over?

The very first sentence I read is that Russia will not be invited to this conference. What kind of peace talks are those?

Please explain why you said what you did? Did you read the article before you posted it? Who told you “it’s over”?

Do you think this means that Russia “won”? Is that why you say it’s over?

The very first sentence I read is that Russia will not be invited to this conference. What kind of peace talks are those?

Please explain why you said what you did? Did you read the article before you posted it? Who told you “it’s over”?
    Ukraine has made little to know progress the last year, about half of the public thinks we are spending too much money on Ukraine, Ukraine is running out of troops and they are pulling people off the streets and forcing them to be cannon fodder, Zelensky is calling for peace talks.

It's over.

so over half the public doesn't think we are spending too much..?
    Russia is also pulling off the streets and forcing them to be cannon fodder..
    Putin has called for peace talks before, does that mean its over for him?
    I know you have a love for Putin and Co, and really want him to succeed, but there is no real evidence to your desire for Ukraine to surrender. You and everyone else here knows Putin with Ukraine is either all or nothing.

so over half the public doesn't think we are spending too much..?
    Russia is also pulling off the streets and forcing them to be cannon fodder..
    Putin has called for peace talks before, does that mean its over for him?
    I know you have a love for Putin and Co, and really want him to succeed, but there is no real evidence to your desire for Ukraine to surrender. You and everyone else here knows Putin with Ukraine is either all or nothing.
    That's not true and I've never posted anything positive about Putin or Russia, but if you need to tell yourself that to feel better about falling for US propaganda & supporting the US war machine go right ahead.

That's not true and I've never posted anything positive about Putin or Russia, but if you need to tell yourself that to feel better about falling for US propaganda & supporting the US war machine go right ahead.
    if i'm falling for US propoganda, whats your excuse for falling for Russian propoganda?

if i'm falling for US propoganda, whats your excuse for falling for Russian propoganda?
    Criticism of US foreign policy isn't Russian propaganda despite the corporate media telling you so. Do you support every war and military engagement that the US is involved in?

Ukraine has made little to know progress the last year, about half of the public thinks we are spending too much money on Ukraine, Ukraine is running out of troops and they are pulling people off the streets and forcing them to be cannon fodder, Zelensky is calling for peace talks.

It's over.

It's really important to the right wing to convince everybody here in America that the Ukraine war is over, isn't it. You all keep claiming that.

One lesson you all should take from sports, "It's no over, 'till it's over." This isn't even the start of it being over.

It's really important to the right wing to convince everybody here in America that the Ukraine war is over, isn't it. You all keep claiming that.

One lesson you all should take from sports, "It's no over, 'till it's over." This isn't even the start of it being over.
    Why do you think Zelensky called for a peace conference?

Why do you think Zelensky called for a peace conference?
    and i quote
    Mr Zelensky’s 10-point peace plan calls for the withdrawal of Russian troops, cessation of hostilities and the restoration of Ukraine‘s state borders with Russia. Kyiv has said it wants to return to 1991 borders, according to defence secretary Rustem Umerov, a goal that would include Crimea which was illegally annexed by Russia in 2014.
    That doesn't sound like a surrender plea to me...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom