Increasing racist attacks on Asians (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/02/09/attacks-asian-american-elderly-/

I will admit, I didn't know anything about these these strings of attacks and the murder of elderly Asian American out west. Really disturbing. In most cases, they have caught sub human scum that have committed these crimes.
    In the case of the murder of Ratanapakdee, I sincerely hope the death penalty will be sought, although that is not possible in the state of CA.

What exactly is a Tuckerism? I get the word comes from Tucker Carlson, but what did I type that was a 'tuckerism'?

Edited to attach this:
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/demo...ing-colleges-that-discriminate-against-asians

"Senate Democrats voted this week to block a proposed amendment from Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) that would have blocked federal taxpayer money from going to institutions of higher learning that discriminate against Asian Americans.

The amendment stated:

To prohibit Federal funding for any institution of higher education that discriminates against Asian Americans in recruitment, applicant review, or admissions.
    Every Republican Senator voted for the amendment while every Democrat Senator voted against it. Only three Senators did not vote — Sens. Mike Lee (R-UT), Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Tina Smith (D-MN)."

This seemed to fit in this thread.

Last edited:
    What exactly is a Tuckerism? I get the word comes from Tucker Carlson, but what did I type that was a 'tuckerism'?

Edited to attach this:
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/demo...ing-colleges-that-discriminate-against-asians

"Senate Democrats voted this week to block a proposed amendment from Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) that would have blocked federal taxpayer money from going to institutions of higher learning that discriminate against Asian Americans.

The amendment stated:

Every Republican Senator voted for the amendment while every Democrat Senator voted against it. Only three Senators did not vote — Sens. Mike Lee (R-UT), Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Tina Smith (D-MN)."

This seemed to fit in this thread.
    If I remember correctly this has to do with Ivy League schools accepting other minorities over asians. There was a Supreme Court case that was lost because of it. It isn’t to protect Asians but to get rid of affirmative action.

I don't think that is correct at all. I think you might have my opinion confused with someone else.
    I think most of federal laws are garbage. I also don't think 'race' has to be injected into every law to make people feel better and allow our politicians to virtue signal their righteousness, which we all know the VAST majority of our politicians are the worse grifters among us.

If some white/black/latino supremist attacks an asian man or woman and stomps them on the side walk, why is that worse than attacking a man or woman of the same race? It is not. One grabs headlines, the other does not. I find it hard time believing that the race of the criminal or victim makes the crime more evil. Evil is evil. IMO.

Now since we do have 'hate' crimes in this failing civilization, we should also have the same punishment for those that fake a 'hate' crime as those that are accused of having committed the crime. Everyone would agree to that, correct?

No. It should be apparent why this is completely unreasonable.

When hate groups do things like intimidate, like burning crosses in peoples yards, hanging nooses, things like that, some.communities will just be like, slap on the wrist, here is your suspended sentence for trespassing or junk like that. classifying these as hate crimes makes it harder for these racists to get away with these actions.

So, I take it this is the first time you guys have encountered someone who has a different view on 'hate crime' laws?
    Nah... it's probably the umpteenth time I've seen the 'all crime is a hate crime' argument and it hasn't stopped ringing hollow in all those years. As an aside, for your own sanity you should probably avoid the Daily Wire or anything to do with Shapiro who (and yes, many on the left are guilty of this, too) is only out to make a buck via sensationalism. As Nebaghead pointed out, there's usually a 'the rest of the story' part to stuff on Daily Wire that is intentionally left out to enforce a certain point of view and/or cater to a certain type of reader.

I suggest The Hill, particularly 'Rising.' It is a fairly balanced approach to corruption on the left and right.

Jesus

Yao Pan Ma was pushing a grocery cart and collecting bottles in East Harlem on Friday evening when a man dressed in black approached him from behind and struck him in the back.

The blow left Ma, 61, motionless on the sidewalk as his attacker repeatedly kicked him in the head before walking away, a 13-second video released by the New York Police Department shows.

Ma, a Chinese immigrant, hasn’t awakened since. As of late Sunday, he remained in a medically induced coma, his wife, Baozhen Chen, told the New York Daily News.

Now the NYPD Hate Crime Task Force is investigating the case and searching for the suspect seen in the video, police told The Washington Post. Police told PIX 11 it is unclear whether the man yelled any anti-Asian slurs during the beating.

“I am very worried that my husband is not going to make it,” Chen, 57, told the Daily News. “I want the police to capture the person as soon as possible.”............

There is a reason we need to bring back asylums.

I can't believe that guy would still commit assault on that elderly man after our elected leaders made assault on a certain race of people super illegal. I guess maybe that guy didn't know he was an Asian man and just thought him an old white or black guy.

Obvious sarcasm but the simple fact that is that assault is illegal, regardless of race.

There is a reason we need to bring back asylums.

I can't believe that guy would still commit assault on that elderly man after our elected leaders made assault on a certain race of people super illegal. I guess maybe that guy didn't know he was an Asian man and just thought him an old white or black guy.

Obvious sarcasm but the simple fact that is that assault is illegal, regardless of race.
    Let me know when white people become a victim of crime because they are white. Your joke is tasteless.
    I grew up in the south getting beat up and picked on because I was Jewish and I literally would go to the office and they wouldn’t do crap. This is why there are laws.

Let me know when white people become a victim of crime because they are white. Your joke is tasteless.
    I grew up in the south getting beat up and picked on because I was Jewish and I literally would go to the office and they wouldn’t do crap. This is why there are laws.
    To be fair, the vast majority of my jokes are tasteless, I am stubborn however.
    Are you sure you were beat up because you were Jewish and kids picked on you because you were jewish or just different? Because we all know kids are over inclusive and welcoming with well developed brains.
    Also, you mean to tell me that people/adults that work in an office don't generally, as rule, physically assault people they work with? Crazy world.

And the line about whitey not being victims of crime based on their skin color is the real joke here.

Are you sure you were beat up because you were Jewish and kids picked on you because you were jewish or just different? Because we all know kids are over inclusive and welcoming with well developed brains.
    And the line about whitey not being victims of crime based on their skin color is the real joke here.
    In one breath, this man manages to deny someone's personal account of anti-semitism, but provides an unsupported assertion that reverse racism definitely exists.

Sounds like every white nationalist I've ever heard.

In one breath, this man manages to deny someone's personal account of anti-semitism, but provides an unsupported assertion that reverse racism definitely exists.

Sounds like every white nationalist I've ever heard.
    And I don't even know what he's talking about with office mates getting in physical fights with each other.

Also, you mean to tell me that people/adults that work in an office don't generally, as rule, physically assault people they work with? Crazy world.

I find it difficult to believe that you think he is talking about adults that get along with each other while working in an office and not the incredibly obvious meaning of his statement, which is that the school administrators working in the office failed to do anything regarding the bullying and teasing..

I find it difficult to believe that you think he is talking about adults that get along with each other while working in an office and not the incredibly obvious meaning of his statement, which is that the school administrators working in the office failed to do anything regarding the bullying and teasing..
    Exactly.

Yeah, pretty sure when they were screaming at me on the bus I was going to hell because I didn’t believe in Jesus was a give away. The Jew comments all the time too. That all went away when I moved to Miami where my HS was 20% Jewish. I wasn’t one of a thousand but 1 in 5.

And yes, as I was forced to pray to Jesus in my MS elementary school during morning prayer and told by the teacher j would go to hell. Nothing was done.

I miss read that. I thought you meant you were just attacked on the streets and once you got a job and went to work, that stopped. That is why I put in the part about office workers. My bad.

So, you think being bullied in school and morning prayers in grade school should be hate crimes?

So, you think being bullied in school and morning prayers in grade school should be hate crimes?

No, but that is not what he is describing and you know it. He wasn't simply bullied, he was singled out because of his faith/religion, by a teacher no less....to call it simply bullied is beneath....well....everyone....IMO of course...

To me it is the definition of hate....and there is way too much of it out there....still....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom