Increasing racist attacks on Asians (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/02/09/attacks-asian-american-elderly-/

I will admit, I didn't know anything about these these strings of attacks and the murder of elderly Asian American out west. Really disturbing. In most cases, they have caught sub human scum that have committed these crimes.
    In the case of the murder of Ratanapakdee, I sincerely hope the death penalty will be sought, although that is not possible in the state of CA.

Mainstream that made $ off white nationalism?

Trump - the whole cabal of idiots
    Tucker
    Hannity
    That weird looking dude - Coulter
    Steve King
    Steven Miller
    Steve Bannon
    Gavin McGinnis
    Mike Levin
    Lin Woods
    The Kraken

ETA- MGT. How could I forget Ms Jew Laser?!? Big Ups to @Nebaghead for keeping it real

That is just off the top of my head but there are a few million that I missed
    Article on gop fundraising

=============
    .........Fast-forward to today. I recently received a fundraising email from Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R.-Ga.), the kook who blames Jewish space lasers for wildfires.

Alongside a picture of her holding an assault rifle, she writes that she will “fight” President Biden “with everything I have.” “Will you stand with me against Joe Biden’s tyranny?” she demands, seeking a “gift of $50, $100, or even $1,000 TODAY!”

Such violent appeals work: According to Politico, Greene raked in a whopping $3.2 million in the first three months of 2021 despite (or, more likely, because of) being kicked off her House committees for her extremist rhetoric.

Of course, that’s chump change compared to the kind of bucks Trump can rake in. The Trump campaign and its joint committees with the GOP raised $255.4 million in the eight weeks after the election to contest the results.

Little wonder that Trump is so determined to steer donors to his own political action committee rather than to party organs: He has tapped a geyser of cash, and he doesn’t want to share the spoils. The more outrageously he acts, the more money he brings in..........

For what it's worth
    ===================

Missouri Republican Senator Josh Hawley was the only member of the Senate to vote against a bill combatting hate crimes against Asian Americans.

On Thursday, in an overwhelmingly bipartisan vote, the Senate voted 94 to 1 to approve the COVID Hate Crimes Act introduced by Senator Mazie Hirono and Representative Grace Meng.

Five senators—Marsha Blackburn, Amy Klobuchar, Mike Lee, Rand Paul and Tina Smith—were absent for the vote.

Klobuchar and Smith, Minnesota's two Democratic senators, were at Daunte Wright's funeral on Thursday. A spokesperson from Klobuchar's office told Newsweek that the senator would have voted in favor of the bill had she not been away............

For what it's worth
    ===================

Missouri Republican Senator Josh Hawley was the only member of the Senate to vote against a bill combatting hate crimes against Asian Americans.

On Thursday, in an overwhelmingly bipartisan vote, the Senate voted 94 to 1 to approve the COVID Hate Crimes Act introduced by Senator Mazie Hirono and Representative Grace Meng.

Five senators—Marsha Blackburn, Amy Klobuchar, Mike Lee, Rand Paul and Tina Smith—were absent for the vote.

Klobuchar and Smith, Minnesota's two Democratic senators, were at Daunte Wright's funeral on Thursday. A spokesperson from Klobuchar's office told Newsweek that the senator would have voted in favor of the bill had she not been away............

Hawley showing his flying colors here. I have no words for him that would pass muster on this site.

I would hope anyone would vote against anything Hirono put on the floor.

Also, not a big fan of 'hate' crime laws.

I would hope anyone would vote against anything Hirono put on the floor.

Also, not a big fan of 'hate' crime laws.

So, if Hirono puts something legitimately good, you still vote against it? That's the very definition of partisan for the sake of being partisan. If you're that petty...:shrug:.

There's a legitimate case to be made for hate crime laws imo. My wife is Asian and she's had to deal with stalkers and batshit crazy people before. She doesn't deserve that.

I have been a victim of crime before and I felt like the criminal 'hated' me. I didn't really need a law to tell me that.

To me, a 'hate' crime is just more government intervention for the sake of virtue signaling.

As far as stalking goes and other crazy people, isn't that already illegal? I don't see how a 'hate' crime does anything than a normal law besides the fact of the state trying to pass morality on a criminals intent.

And yes, if Hirono backs anything I am against it just because she is probably one of the stupidest people we have in that corrupt cease pool.

Calls increasing attacks on Asians disturbing in the OP...

Would have voted against an Anti-Asian hate crime bill because it was introduced by Hirono (an Asian)...

tenor.png

I have been a victim of crime before and I felt like the criminal 'hated' me. I didn't really need a law to tell me that.

To me, a 'hate' crime is just more government intervention for the sake of virtue signaling.

As far as stalking goes and other crazy people, isn't that already illegal? I don't see how a 'hate' crime does anything than a normal law besides the fact of the state trying to pass morality on a criminals intent.

And yes, if Hirono backs anything I am against it just because she is probably one of the stupidest people we have in that corrupt cease pool.

Is it safe to assume that you don't back any legislation at all, given the existence of Tommy Tuberville on the right?

So, I take it this is the first time you guys have encountered someone who has a different view on 'hate crime' laws?

It's not, some people like you apparently think all of our laws are just fine and dandy, until you don't.
    I don't think that is correct at all. I think you might have my opinion confused with someone else.
    I think most of federal laws are garbage. I also don't think 'race' has to be injected into every law to make people feel better and allow our politicians to virtue signal their righteousness, which we all know the VAST majority of our politicians are the worse grifters among us.

If some white/black/latino supremist attacks an asian man or woman and stomps them on the side walk, why is that worse than attacking a man or woman of the same race? It is not. One grabs headlines, the other does not. I find it hard time believing that the race of the criminal or victim makes the crime more evil. Evil is evil. IMO.

Now since we do have 'hate' crimes in this failing civilization, we should also have the same punishment for those that fake a 'hate' crime as those that are accused of having committed the crime. Everyone would agree to that, correct?

I don't think that is correct at all. I think you might have my opinion confused with someone else.
    I think most of federal laws are garbage. I also don't think 'race' has to be injected into every law to make people feel better and allow our politicians to virtue signal their righteousness, which we all know the VAST majority of our politicians are the worse grifters among us.

If some white/black/latino supremist attacks an asian man or woman and stomps them on the side walk, why is that worse than attacking a man or woman of the same race? It is not. One grabs headlines, the other does not. I find it hard time believing that the race of the criminal or victim makes the crime more evil. Evil is evil. IMO.

Now since we do have 'hate' crimes in this failing civilization, we should also have the same punishment for those that fake a 'hate' crime as those that are accused of having committed the crime. Everyone would agree to that, correct?
    Except when a community doesn’t prosecute or let’s them off because the community foments hate. Hate crime laws allow correction of these injustices. It’s not saying hate crime assaults are worst than other assaults but gives federal oversight to crimes that might be otherwise ignored.

latino supremist

"I don't care who you are, that's funny right there" - Lawrence Whitney.

On a serious note, you may find surprising that I agree with you in principle (there is a similar situation in México involving M-F gender), but instead of presenting a sound argument, you go straight to the Tuckerisms.

You could try something like this:

if person A intents to harm and does harm person B, the driving force behind why it happened does not change the fact that person A intended to and harmed person B, whether the driving force behind the attack is race, nationality, gender, jealousy, complexion, robbery, etc.

The more classifications we add to hate crimes, the less the impact of hate crime laws. Eventually, hate crime laws will cover the majority of the population (if not all) in the country. We already have hate crime laws involving race and ethnicity, which Asian is, so why add a redundant law?

Laws don't educate. While a law/fine may deter someone from going over the speed limit, it is highly unlikely that someone who's willing to harm someone else in a non self defense situation will be deterred but a couple extra years in jail or a bigger fine; and certainly the couple extra years or dollars is not going to change anything for the person harmed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom