Increasing racist attacks on Asians (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/02/09/attacks-asian-american-elderly-/

I will admit, I didn't know anything about these these strings of attacks and the murder of elderly Asian American out west. Really disturbing. In most cases, they have caught sub human scum that have committed these crimes.
    In the case of the murder of Ratanapakdee, I sincerely hope the death penalty will be sought, although that is not possible in the state of CA.

If is most definitely, then there is proof. Actual proof, not subjective proof, but yet I cannot find any concrete proof for a HUGE problem that I have been told is in every institution and what this country was founded on. To me, it sounds more like backfilling a preconceived hypothesis.

You‘ve been given numerous examples, you’ve been asked what you would consider concrete proof. You don’t honestly engage, you aren’t engaging in good faith now.

Example linked below of systemic racism, this went on openly until the 1960’s and is still being done unofficially today.

This isn't that far from me

I think I will wait until the facts come out, hard to tell from the quick clip. I didn't hear slurs, I didn't see him push anyone and run away, he looked kind of confused and scared. If he ran out on a tab and assaulted someone, they will find him.

You‘ve been given numerous examples, you’ve been asked what you would consider concrete proof. You don’t honestly engage, you aren’t engaging in good faith now.

Example linked below of systemic racism, this went on openly until the 1960’s and is still being done unofficially today.

Just because I think you are wrong and I don't agree with you doesn't mean I am not engaging in good faith. Also, constantly whining about it does not make anyone want to engage. If this conversation is not something you can handle because someone has a different opinion then maybe sit this one out?

You still don’t address the examples given and then you say there are no examples. That’s the definition of bad faith and merely pointing that out doesn’t equal whining. I will participate in the threads that I wish to participate in, thank you very much.

What I mean by addressing it is explain why you think redlining doesn’t constitute systemic racism.

Redlining is a political tool used by both sides to secure more votes for their team. Black people tend to vote to democrat. I don't think that is racist, is it? How can it be systemic racist if both political sides do it?
    It is not. It can look systemic and racist, apparently everything is racist to a lot of gullible people in this country, but that doesn't make it true.

Just because I think you are wrong and I don't agree with you doesn't mean I am not engaging in good faith. Also, constantly whining about it does not make anyone want to engage. If this conversation is not something you can handle because someone has a different opinion then maybe sit this one out?

I believe the issue is that you believe your unsupported, baseless opinion is worth just as much consideration as the opinions of those that support theirs with evidence. You're wrong. Your baseless opinion is worthless and should be dismissed as such until you honestly engage with the reality you choose to ignore.

Redlining is a political tool used by both sides to secure more votes for their team. Black people tend to vote to democrat. I don't think that is racist, is it? How can it be systemic racist if both political sides do it?
    It is not. It can look systemic and racist, apparently everything is racist to a lot of gullible people in this country, but that doesn't make it true.
    okay, a self-own.

Red-lining has nothing to do with voting and isn’t done by any political party. it’s a systemic method used for decades to prevent black and brown people from purchasing homes wherever they wanted and could afford. There are certainly areas today where it is still practiced but just slightly less openly than before housing discrimination was banned. Saying it doesn’t still happen because there are rules against it is like saying speeding doesn’t happen because there are laws against it.

This is what I mean by not having a good faith discussion. You didn’t even skim the proof provided of systemic racism. You only had to read the headline to know that it was about housing.

I believe the issue is that you believe your unsupported, baseless opinion is worth just as much consideration as the opinions of those that support theirs with evidence. You're wrong. Your baseless opinion is worthless and should be dismissed as such until you honestly engage with the reality you choose to ignore.
    Then please, ignore me.

okay, a self-own.

Red-lining has nothing to do with voting and isn’t done by any political party. it’s a systemic method used for decades to prevent black and brown people from purchasing homes wherever they wanted and could afford. There are certainly areas today where it is still practiced but just slightly less openly than before housing discrimination was banned. Saying it doesn’t still happen because there are rules against it is like saying speeding doesn’t happen because there are laws against it.

This is what I mean by not having a good faith discussion. You didn’t even skim the proof provided of systemic racism. You only had to read the headline to know that it was about housing.
    You are correct, I apologize, I got 'redlining' and gerrymandering mixed up in my initial quick reply.
    Yes, redlining is bad and was bad. It is now illegal. Sure the effects are still felt today but their is also a push by the left to 'self-segregate'. I take it that is also viewed as a bad thing, correct?
    As far as banks lending for homeownership, I think the black owned banks also lent less to black Americans during that time too. Maybe it was a financial decision as opposed to racial? And yes, I am more than aware that racist people existed and still exist but I think the automatic leap from the left to decry any inequity as racist is lazy, divisive by design, rooted in emotion and often incorrect.
    I will also reiterate my point that this practice is illegal. I will gladly support any and all efforts to correct racist policy and law if found.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom