Immigration thread (1 Viewer)

< Previous | Next >
  • Admin

Zombiewoof

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
In keeping with the site's desire to have more conversation based on concepts, ideas and principles, I will be posting a couple of threads in hopes of generating discussion on topics that are relevant no matter who is in office or the news cycle at any point in time.

What are your guiding principles related to immigration? What in your opinion would be the most reasonable plan to reduce illegal immigration? Should legal immigration be limited to those who can assume roles in US society that are in short supply? What steps are necessary for elected representatives to be able to find compromise on these issues?

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score

DaveXA

Reaction score

Goatman saint

Reaction score
That’s awesome. Now more deserving kids can get out of the shadows, complete their educations and become productive members of society without hiding in the shadows wasting their talents on field or warehouse work. It would also mean that they can travel outside the US which is huge. Now if I want to go to South America or Spain I just have to buy my friend a ticket also

DaveXA

Reaction score
I came across this today
Sounds like they're waiting until there is some actionable event where an agency or individual sues and the case holds merit for review.

I guess too soon is the word. Obviously the 3 other justices would rather just hand down a preemptive decision because they think it's obvious what Trump is trying to do here.

Goatman saint

Reaction score
Sounds like they're waiting until there is some actionable event where an agency or individual sues and the case holds merit for review.

I guess too soon is the word. Obviously the 3 other justices would rather just hand down a preemptive decision because they think it's obvious what Trump is trying to do here.
Playing the waiting game hoping with the transition of power that this will go away. However, personally when you look up the history of the census I don’t see how the illegal vote could constitutionally be thrown. I also have doubts wether the idea of chopping off x number of people couldn’t lead to a massive lawsuit as those numbers would be removed off a census.

zztop

Reaction score
The census was allowed to end early, for some reason, so this other action by the court (I posted above) is kind of confusing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

< Previous | Next >

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Top Bottom