Immigration is completely out of control (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SystemShock

Uh yu ka t'ann
    Reaction score
    A couple of days ago, one of the main US-MX border points of entry was blocked by 1000's of migrants demanding entry into the country, which caused chaos for those who lawfully cross the border on business, for work, or for delivery of goods, both ways.

Lawful border crossings are getting progressively worse across the border, and drug cartels are finding it easier to move product, as the CBP has to transfer personnel and efforts to the processing of migrants.

It's not different on MX's South border. Yesterday, ~5000 migrants stormed into Chiapas all the way to the INM building (INM is immigration) running over fences, barricades, and elements of the National Guard. They are now taking over an ecological park in Tapachula, Chiapas, which it's going to be severely affected, as it's been the case with just about everywhere migrants squat.

Unfortunately, Juan Trump (that's Donald Trump's pet name for the President of México) was bamboozled by his "friend" Donald into making MX a "lobby" for migrants trying to reach the U.S.

Many people would argue that migrants are "good for the economy", but that is not always the case. Billions of dollars leave the U.S. economy every year, because migrants send money from the U.S. to other countries to support families there. The biggest destinations are India and MX, to the tune of 100 billion dollars in 2023 alone, according to the Bank of México (kind of like the MX version of the Fed). These billions of dollars do not circulate in the U.S. economy.

Speaking of inflation, the past year, the U.S. dollar has lost ~20% of its value against the MX peso. One of the main reasons for it, is the amount of money being sent to MX from the U.S. And MX is the U.S. 2nd largest trading partner.

Gregg Abbott is a lot of things, but I don't blame him for his attempts at curbing the hordes of people demanding entry into the U.S., even the busing of migrants to other States, making some put their money where their mouth is, like the Mayor of NYC, who was so welcoming of migrants, until he he got a taste, then went crying to the federal government for more money, while the shelters were at full capacity; shelters which BTW serve the NYC poor as well.

And please, no one mention a wall. There is a wall. A wall can be climbed; a wall can be dug under.; holes can be punched through walls.

This is the kind of pot-stirring that the right is doing. It’s not honest.

To be fair, that picture could've been taken this year. I don't know that you can call it an "Attack", but it is definitely organized and planned.

To be fair, that picture could've been taken this year. I don't know that you can call it an "Attack", but it is definitely organized and planned.
    Well, I’ve seen recent reports of 8000 people, and then a day or so later it’s 1500. It’s hard to take News accounts seriously when they can’t be any more accurate than that.

Well, I’ve seen recent reports of 8000 people, and then a day or so later it’s 1500. It’s hard to take News accounts seriously when they can’t be any more accurate than that.
    Same points of entry? Same day?
    The MX news usually have pictures and video.

Rs don’t want to solve immigration because they know their donors and a lot of R politicians are also businessmen and they themselves have to rely on migrant labor. They just want to grandstand about it and blame democrats so they can win elections. I truly believe if democrats could get enough seats they would at least try to help the system. I know some Dems have the same interests as Rs, but I think they could be shamed into supporting reform.

A couple of days ago, one of the main US-MX border points of entry was blocked by 1000's of migrants demanding entry into the country, which caused chaos for those who lawfully cross the border on business, for work, or for delivery of goods, both ways.

Lawful border crossings are getting progressively worse across the border, and drug cartels are finding it easier to move product, as the CBP has to transfer personnel and efforts to the processing of migrants.

It's not different on MX's South border. Yesterday, ~5000 migrants stormed into Chiapas all the way to the INM building (INM is immigration) running over fences, barricades, and elements of the National Guard. They are now taking over an ecological park in Tapachula, Chiapas, which it's going to be severely affected, as it's been the case with just about everywhere migrants squat.

Unfortunately, Juan Trump (that's Donald Trump's pet name for the President of México) was bamboozled by his "friend" Donald into making MX a "lobby" for migrants trying to reach the U.S.

Many people would argue that migrants are "good for the economy", but that is not always the case. Billions of dollars leave the U.S. economy every year, because migrants send money from the U.S. to other countries to support families there. The biggest destinations are India and MX, to the tune of 100 billion dollars in 2023 alone, according to the Bank of México (kind of like the MX version of the Fed). These billions of dollars do not circulate in the U.S. economy.

Speaking of inflation, the past year, the U.S. dollar has lost ~20% of its value against the MX peso. One of the main reasons for it, is the amount of money being sent to MX from the U.S. And MX is the U.S. 2nd largest trading partner.

Gregg Abbott is a lot of things, but I don't blame him for his attempts at curbing the hordes of people demanding entry into the U.S., even the busing of migrants to other States, making some put their money where their mouth is, like the Mayor of NYC, who was so welcoming of migrants, until he he got a taste, then went crying to the federal government for more money, while the shelters were at full capacity; shelters which BTW serve the NYC poor as well.

And please, no one mention a wall. There is a wall. A wall can be climbed; a wall can be dug under.; holes can be punched through walls.
    The wall ain't near done and that scumbag in the whitehouse does nothing about it.

Just saw this on Twitter. As expected, Trump didn’t really accomplish anything with undocumented immigrants.

Nonsense. You can't fix something in a few years that been ignored for decades.

Nonsense. You can't fix something in a few years that been ignored for decades.
    He didn’t even try. He didn’t build hardly any wall, not even 0.1% of the way, he admitted finally that México wasn’t ever going to pay for it and he knew it all along. And people can walk right through the wall he did build in places simply by turning sideways. In other places they just use ladders and ropes to go over it. He doesn’t really care about it anyway. He just uses it to get you all mad.

Just like he used every person who responded on Jan. 6. He never cared if they ruined their perfectly good lives. That was fine with him if they help out his cause to desperately try to remain President.

But he told me he could fix it. 🤷‍♂️ Also, how has it been ignored for decades? Not doing what you want regarding immigration isn’t the same as ignoring it.
    Illegals have been flooding us for a long time. I lived on the border for a long time.

Illegals have been flooding us for a long time. I lived on the border for a long time.
    Please...stop lying. It is well documented that every single illegal in this country has crossed the border in the desert from Mexico to the US carrying 1200 lbs of fentanyl on their back, but they only do it when Democrats are in the White House.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom