Immigration is completely out of control (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SystemShock

Uh yu ka t'ann
    Reaction score
    A couple of days ago, one of the main US-MX border points of entry was blocked by 1000's of migrants demanding entry into the country, which caused chaos for those who lawfully cross the border on business, for work, or for delivery of goods, both ways.

Lawful border crossings are getting progressively worse across the border, and drug cartels are finding it easier to move product, as the CBP has to transfer personnel and efforts to the processing of migrants.

It's not different on MX's South border. Yesterday, ~5000 migrants stormed into Chiapas all the way to the INM building (INM is immigration) running over fences, barricades, and elements of the National Guard. They are now taking over an ecological park in Tapachula, Chiapas, which it's going to be severely affected, as it's been the case with just about everywhere migrants squat.

Unfortunately, Juan Trump (that's Donald Trump's pet name for the President of México) was bamboozled by his "friend" Donald into making MX a "lobby" for migrants trying to reach the U.S.

Many people would argue that migrants are "good for the economy", but that is not always the case. Billions of dollars leave the U.S. economy every year, because migrants send money from the U.S. to other countries to support families there. The biggest destinations are India and MX, to the tune of 100 billion dollars in 2023 alone, according to the Bank of México (kind of like the MX version of the Fed). These billions of dollars do not circulate in the U.S. economy.

Speaking of inflation, the past year, the U.S. dollar has lost ~20% of its value against the MX peso. One of the main reasons for it, is the amount of money being sent to MX from the U.S. And MX is the U.S. 2nd largest trading partner.

Gregg Abbott is a lot of things, but I don't blame him for his attempts at curbing the hordes of people demanding entry into the U.S., even the busing of migrants to other States, making some put their money where their mouth is, like the Mayor of NYC, who was so welcoming of migrants, until he he got a taste, then went crying to the federal government for more money, while the shelters were at full capacity; shelters which BTW serve the NYC poor as well.

And please, no one mention a wall. There is a wall. A wall can be climbed; a wall can be dug under.; holes can be punched through walls.

Strong-arm strategies by Texas along the US-Mexico border have eroded more than human rights for migrants seeking asylum in the US; they have degraded the environment – and now the destruction is escalating.

In the hotspot of Eagle Pass, environmental damage from years of expansion of anti-migration security measures can be seen everywhere.

From the bald banks of the Rio Grande, cleared of lush vegetation to make roads for patrol vehicles, and the empty, rusty shipping containers blocking the river, to all the razor wire, the militarized scene contrasts starkly with the Mexican side of the river.

Now a new construction project is under way after the rightwing Texas governor, Greg Abbott, announced a $170m, 80-acre facility dubbed Camp Eagle along the river to support up to 2,300 Texas national guards, signifying a more permanent presence of such troops in the area since the state deployed them in 2021, despite immigration enforcement being a federal responsibility. Land is being cleared apace.

Changes to the environment as a direct result of border enforcement is nothing new in Eagle Pass, but under Abbott’s Operation Lone Star initiative since 2021, which has thus far cost Texas taxpayers more than $11bn, the area is being ravaged.

Sitting under the shade of a tree on a mild spring day in downtown Eagle Pass, retired teacher and kayaking business owner Jessie Fuentes was frustrated about the obvious damage – and what’s harder to see.

“I’m genuinely concerned because this slow degradation of the beautiful ecosystem that has existed for thousands of years is all under the false pretext of security,” he said. “The ecosystem needs to be preserved, taken care of and respected because it is the only water supply for Texas all the way downriver.”……..

You think the DNC splitting up is funny. And the Republicans are a lost cause because they're beholden to Trumpism. None of it is funny. It's sad that our political leaders and many followers care more about partisan politics than actually doing what's right for the country.
    My dude, we are on a website that has 3 separate 'home' boards but yet here you are lecturing me, who you just happen to disagree with, on the evils of partisan politics? There is a word for that gets used here a lot that describes this......um, I can't remember it......

that is exactly what an extememe right MAGA would say.
    Good job, you cracked the code. You figured out that I am a conservative. Do me a favor though, don't tell anyone on here, they think I am alt-left.

Don't worry give it 4 more post, and he'll be telling us to go read his opinions from 2017 to dodge answering questions.

Farb, is totally here for good faith discussion, and not a troll.
    How is your crappy memory my problem? My views, values and morals typically don't change, so why should I have to keep retyping what I believe. I understand the left has no solid framework or moral/value system and your views change depending on what the TV says, but that doesn't apply to me.

My dude, we are on a website that has 3 separate 'home' boards but yet here you are lecturing me, who you just happen to disagree with, on the evils of partisan politics? There is a word for that gets used here a lot that describes this......um, I can't remember it......
    You asked why I said it. I explained it. If you take that as lecturing, that's your problem.

Good job, you cracked the code. You figured out that I am a conservative. Do me a favor though, don't tell anyone on here, they think I am alt-left.
    You and I have a very different understanding of conservative. Which is why Republicans have completely lost the plot. Conservative isn't conservative anymore.

How is your crappy memory my problem? My views, values and morals typically don't change, so why should I have to keep retyping what I believe. I understand the left has no solid framework or moral/value system and your views change depending on what the TV says, but that doesn't apply to me.
    In your own mind, sure.

You and I have a very different understanding of conservative. Which is why Republicans have completely lost the plot. Conservative isn't conservative anymore.
    I agree 100% we have a very different almost opposite view of the party and the label conservative.

I agree 100% we have a very different almost opposite view of the party and the label conservative.
    Which I guess is why I left the party. I still consider myself a conservative but not a Republican. Republican purity tests reminds me of a country led by a mad man less than a century ago.

You typed out more here defending NOT restating an opinion, then simply restating the opinion. You are a very obvious troll.

You, and SFL - the enlightened thinkers of the board. The narcissism that you both commonly display. It's beautiful.

Edit: You should have ignored me. You sound like a pompous jackass telling the entire board to back to the old PDB if they want your opinion on a subject. It's hilarious you double down on that.

Dude pathologically can't admit he is wrong. I expect you to pull a SFL and disappear for a week, and come back and try to ignore it. It's to bad because this behavior is getting curbed, or you're going to stop posting.

Troll elsewhere, son.

You're not smart, and you're for sure not clever.

Last edited:
    I believe that after the election we are going to start accepting a large number of Palestinian refugees. Lets be realistic, these people aren't returning to Gaza anytime soon, the rebuilding process is going to take years.

The US going to have to take at least tens of thousands of the refugees (maybe more) to help share the burden.

Either the lame duck congress will pass something, or Biden will just do a parole program like he's done with Cuba and Venezuela to allow people to come if they have friends or family here willing to sponsor them.

The rhetoric about immigration is going crank up to levels we haven't seen. I think the main stream Republicans will support it, because it essentially is helping Israel, but people like MTG are going to be going berserk.

Last edited:
    I’m not sure even mainstream Rs will support it. There aren’t many left, anyway.

I’m not sure even mainstream Rs will support it. There aren’t many left, anyway.

I think they will because Israel will want it. The vote might not be as easy as the funding vote we just had, but it would pass comfortably i believe.

I think if Biden wins the election, Congress won't do anything, because they'd rather Biden do it with an executive order, so they can complain about it.

If Trump wins the election, i think Congress will make it law, because they wouldn't want Trump undoing it immediately.

Israel wants us to help move some of the Palestinians out of the region.

you are not a conservative you are a extreme right MAGA.
    it's true because i said so..
    that's how it works right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom