Immigration is completely out of control (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SystemShock

Uh yu ka t'ann
    Reaction score
    A couple of days ago, one of the main US-MX border points of entry was blocked by 1000's of migrants demanding entry into the country, which caused chaos for those who lawfully cross the border on business, for work, or for delivery of goods, both ways.

Lawful border crossings are getting progressively worse across the border, and drug cartels are finding it easier to move product, as the CBP has to transfer personnel and efforts to the processing of migrants.

It's not different on MX's South border. Yesterday, ~5000 migrants stormed into Chiapas all the way to the INM building (INM is immigration) running over fences, barricades, and elements of the National Guard. They are now taking over an ecological park in Tapachula, Chiapas, which it's going to be severely affected, as it's been the case with just about everywhere migrants squat.

Unfortunately, Juan Trump (that's Donald Trump's pet name for the President of México) was bamboozled by his "friend" Donald into making MX a "lobby" for migrants trying to reach the U.S.

Many people would argue that migrants are "good for the economy", but that is not always the case. Billions of dollars leave the U.S. economy every year, because migrants send money from the U.S. to other countries to support families there. The biggest destinations are India and MX, to the tune of 100 billion dollars in 2023 alone, according to the Bank of México (kind of like the MX version of the Fed). These billions of dollars do not circulate in the U.S. economy.

Speaking of inflation, the past year, the U.S. dollar has lost ~20% of its value against the MX peso. One of the main reasons for it, is the amount of money being sent to MX from the U.S. And MX is the U.S. 2nd largest trading partner.

Gregg Abbott is a lot of things, but I don't blame him for his attempts at curbing the hordes of people demanding entry into the U.S., even the busing of migrants to other States, making some put their money where their mouth is, like the Mayor of NYC, who was so welcoming of migrants, until he he got a taste, then went crying to the federal government for more money, while the shelters were at full capacity; shelters which BTW serve the NYC poor as well.

And please, no one mention a wall. There is a wall. A wall can be climbed; a wall can be dug under.; holes can be punched through walls.

Ok, here are my questions for those who are blaming Biden for the border problem:

—Do you agree that Congress should pass a law (or modify a law) to try and address the border issues?

—Are you aware that in the past week or so:
    —— A member of the GOP said they won’t give Biden a win on immigration
    ——Mike Johnson said on a conference call with republicans that they will not negotiate a border deal until a republican is in the White House.
    ——Mike Johnson said in a tv interview that he constantly talks to Donald Trump about the border negotiations.

—If the GOP’s stated position is not to try and solve the border issue specifically to make Biden less electable and they are actively discussing their plans with Biden’s political opponent; why don’t they get some of the blame?

Ok, here are my questions for those who are blaming Biden for the border problem:
    —If the GOP’s stated position is not to try and solve the border issue specifically to make Biden less electable and they are actively discussing their plans with Biden’s political opponent; why don’t they get some of the blame?
    Tribalism.

Last edited:

—Do you agree that Congress should pass a law (or modify a law) to try and address the border issues?

—Are you aware that in the past week or so:
    —— A member of the GOP said they won’t give Biden a win on immigration
    ——Mike Johnson said on a conference call with republicans that they will not negotiate a border deal until a republican is in the White House.
    ——Mike Johnson said in a tv interview that he constantly talks to Donald Trump about the border negotiations.

In their defense, the current proposal is really much more about streamlining the asylum process than it is about border security.

They are trying to masquerade it as a border security bill, and while there is some border security in it, it is really all about streamlining the asylum process.

I 100% support it, but the actual bill being proposed doesn't give conservatives much of anything they want with regards to immigration.

In their defense, the current proposal is really much more about streamlining the asylum process than it is about border security.

They are trying to masquerade it as a border security bill, and while there is some border security in it, it is really all about streamlining the asylum process.

I 100% support it, but the actual bill being proposed doesn't give conservatives much of anything they want with regards to immigration.
    Could that be because they want huge detention camps and mass deportation?

That’s fair. But my point was, the GOP is blaming Biden for the border problems, while actively working against a deal to prevent Biden from gaining political capital AND discussing their plans with Trump.

You can’t have it both ways. You can’t blame someone for doing nothing while you are ensuring they can’t do anything.

That’s fair. But my point was, the GOP is blaming Biden for the border problems, while actively working against a deal to prevent Biden from gaining political capital AND discussing their plans with Trump.

You can’t have it both ways. You can’t blame someone for doing nothing while you are ensuring they can’t do anything.

Unfortunately, their supporters will allow them to have it both ways.

SC sides with the Biden Administration against Texas and allows Border Patrol to remove the razor wire Texas placed in the Rio Grande.

=================
    The Supreme Court sided with the Biden administration on Monday and cleared the way for border patrol agents to remove razor wire Texas officials installed along a busy stretch of the southern border until the legality of the barriers is resolved in court.

As is typical in emergency actions, the majority did not explain its reasoning for dissolving an order from a lower court. Four conservatives — Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel A. Alito Jr., Neil M. Gorsuch and Brett M. Kavanaugh — noted their dissents without explanation.

The case is one of several legal battles between Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) and the Biden administration over the governor’s border crackdown, Operation Lone Star. It comes at a time of rising tension over how to handle hundreds of thousands of migrants who have entered the country illegally in recent months.

Even though immigration and border security matters are generally the purview of the federal government, Abbott has mobilized thousands of National Guard troops and lined the banks of the Rio Grande near Eagle Pass with razor wire to try to block illegal entries.

Earlier this month, federal officials said Texas National Guard personnel had blocked U.S. Border Patrol agents who were investigating reports of drowning migrants from a section of the Rio Grande where the state had placed the wire barriers. The bodies of three migrants, a woman and two children, were found in the river by Mexican authorities days later.

Texas sued the Biden administration last year to prevent agents from removing or cutting the wire barriers, which the federal government says prevent the agents from reaching migrants who have already entered U.S. territory.

A District Court judge sided with Texas in October finding that the barriers limit illegal crossings that impose costs on the state. But the lower court later denied the state’s request to preliminarily block Border Patrol agents from accessing the international border or disturbing the barrier while the litigation continued.

Texas appealed that ruling to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, which issued a temporary order prohibiting Border Patrol agents from cutting, damaging or moving the barriers. The Biden administration then asked the Supreme Court to intervene on an emergency basis.

Solicitor General Elizabeth B. Prelogar urged the justices to “restore Border Patrol’s access to the border it is charged with patrolling and the migrants it is responsible for apprehending, inspecting, and processing.”

==================

Do a good job but do a terrible job telling the story of how good a job they did seems to be the democrats way

"Taking immigration actions" is vague. What are those actions?
    And about the enforcement focused on gangsters... gangsters cross the border in tunnels or planes. They are not going to walk through the TX desert or try to cross at Eagle Pass.

Drugs are still going North in mass quantities, and guns are going South in mass quantities. And moving personnel to handle immigration is making it easier for drug and gun trafficking, on both sides of the border.

It happened to Rome, I guess it'll happen to the U.S.

The whole point of this article is that’s NOT all that’s being said

What IS being said is a bunch of bullshirt to demonize and dehumanize these people and stoke fear and rage in others so a rational debate can’t even happen
    They are here illegally and shouldn't be here. That's all that has to be said.

And when you demonize and dehumanize it leads to things like this

IMG_8363.jpeg

IMG_8364.jpeg

"Taking immigration actions" is vague. What are those actions?
    And about the enforcement focused on gangsters... gangsters cross the border in tunnels or planes. They are not going to walk through the TX desert or try to cross at Eagle Pass.

Drugs are still going North in mass quantities, and guns are going South in mass quantities. And moving personnel to handle immigration is making it easier for drug and gun trafficking, on both sides of the border.

It happened to Rome, I guess it'll happen to the U.S.
    Just meant in general

i agree that actions is quite vague

And when you demonize and dehumanize it leads to things like this

IMG_8363.jpeg

IMG_8364.jpeg

One aspect of this that's missed in this topic, is what happens to children on their way to the U.S. border, all the things they go through.

Maybe people have the impression that these happy loving families just left their happy loving homes in Piedras Negras and walked a few blocks to cross the border at Eagle Pass. but that's not the case.

There is a lot of stuff that happens to children during the trek to the U.S. border, including physical abuse, sexual abuse/trafficking... and many of these children are not even related to the people who try to bring them across the U.S.-MX border: adults just pick them at the U.S.-MX border among the children who are sent alone in the caravan, in order to present a family unit at the border, thinking they'll have a better chance to get into the U.S. with children in tow.

For many of those children, that tent separated from the adults feels really good.

One aspect of this that's missed in this topic, is what happens to children on their way to the U.S. border, all the things they go through.

Maybe people have the impression that these happy loving families just left their happy loving homes in Piedras Negras and walked a few blocks to cross the border at Eagle Pass. but that's not the case.

There is a lot of stuff that happens to children during the trek to the U.S. border, including physical abuse, sexual abuse/trafficking... and many of these children are not even related to the people who try to bring them across the U.S.-MX border: adults just pick them at the U.S.-MX border among the children who are sent alone in the caravan, in order to present a family unit at the border, thinking they'll have a better chance to get into the U.S. with children in tow.

For many of those children, that tent separated from the adults feels really good.

I don't think anybody thinks that. I'm guessing most people don't even know where Piedras Negras or Eagle Pass are at. I do because I've been to both. I doubt anybody looks at those migrant caravans and think they are a good thing.

For the children in those situation, I certainly hope that CBP is trying to do their upmost due diligence and separating those kids from from said migrants trying to use them so that they can be protected. What I hope we can all agree on is that parents/families and kids shouldn't be forcefully separated. Especially when there's no way to track where the kids go once inside the country to be able to reunite them with their parents, as was done during the Trump administration.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom