How to improve American Education in 2021. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Paul

Reaction score
    Latin American from Potomac, Maryland 20854
    The most recent PISA results, from 2015, placed the U.S. an unimpressive 38th out of 71 countries in math and 24th in science. Among the 35 members of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, which sponsors the PISA initiative, the U.S. ranked 30th in math and 19th in science.

My suggestion is rather simple.

1. Study why immigrants from East Asia, India, and Nigeria do well with American education. Apply that insight to other groups (if possible).
    2. Manage public schools as if though they were private schools with uniforms and discipline.
    3. Create high end special schools for those that are truly disenfranchised.
    4. Create a force of social workers to treat family dysfunction with regards to education.
    5. Reduce the curriculum to the simple basics and repeat that on a yearly basis.
    6. At about 10th grade divide college bound students away from non-college bound.
    7. Provide solid basic education and trade training for non-college bound kids. There is no point in offering free college to these kids.

Last edited:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...t-accused-keeping-secret-dossier-parents.html

• Scottsdale School Board President Jann-Michael Greenburg faces calls to resign
    • He faces bizarre claims that he had access to an online dossier about parents
    • Online file contains personal info on parents who protested district policy
    • Included Social Security numbers, financial info, and even divorce records
    • District claims Greenburg's father is to blame for compiling the strange dossier
    • Dossier came to light when Greenburg accidentally shared link in a screenshot

"A school board president in Arizona has been accused of maintaining a secret online dossier containing personal details about parents who opposed mask mandates and Critical Race Theory."

That is so strange, I thought CRT was so far away from schools that it was a conspiracy theory? Oh well, more eggs for the omelets I guess.

With school boards like this, who needs 'Russian' disinformation and propaganda. Yep, tear it up by the roots.

Culture of death? What an interesting comment. Interest but stupid. Does culture of death include pedophile or abusive priests? The Roman Church gain regain any claim to alleged moral righteousness and indignation the minute they turn every priest, bishop, archbishop and cardinal accused of abuse or who engaged in covering it up to the secular authorities to investigate as the crimes they are.
    I agree with you 100%. Not a big fan of a lot of the current Pope, cardinals and bishops. If any of them had any knowledge of this they should be stripped and excommunicated and thrown in prison. Those that were actually pedophiles deserve death. No argument from me.
    You would agree for teachers and school administrators too, correct? Maybe not death, that is my view in regards to pedophiles, but at the very minimum prison and never work with children again. That would be acceptable, right?

I agree with you 100%. Not a big fan of a lot of the current Pope, cardinals and bishops. If any of them had any knowledge of this they should be stripped and excommunicated and thrown in prison. Those that were actually pedophiles deserve death. No argument from me.
    You would agree for teachers and school administrators too, correct? Maybe not death, that is my view in regards to pedophiles, but at the very minimum prison and never work with children again. That would be acceptable, right?
    Which actually has little to nothing to do with the education non-system itself. Anyone who abuses children needs to be kept away from children.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...t-accused-keeping-secret-dossier-parents.html

• Scottsdale School Board President Jann-Michael Greenburg faces calls to resign
    • He faces bizarre claims that he had access to an online dossier about parents
    • Online file contains personal info on parents who protested district policy
    • Included Social Security numbers, financial info, and even divorce records
    • District claims Greenburg's father is to blame for compiling the strange dossier
    • Dossier came to light when Greenburg accidentally shared link in a screenshot

"A school board president in Arizona has been accused of maintaining a secret online dossier containing personal details about parents who opposed mask mandates and Critical Race Theory."

That is so strange, I thought CRT was so far away from schools that it was a conspiracy theory? Oh well, more eggs for the omelets I guess.

With school boards like this, who needs 'Russian' disinformation and propaganda. Yep, tear it up by the roots.
    Is it being taught? Nope, didn't think so.

Speaking of teaching stupid crap look into Charlie Pierce's "Idiot America" regarding the Dover Bd of Ed mess over Creationism/Intelligent Design.

Hmmm…

Why should CRT be excluded from anything but university education?

Article on school boards becoming political battlegrounds
    =============

In 1996, conservative Christian activist Ralph Reed declared, “I would rather have a thousand school board members than one president and no school board members.”

As today’s school board meetings devolve into screaming matches and fistfights over mask requirements, vaccine mandates and anti-racist curriculums, conservatives are once again growing their influence within one of the most underrated power structures in American politics.

Back in the 1990s, leaders on the religious right began to realize that school boards wield an enormous amount of power — both in their control over students’ experiences, and in the way they can shape the debates that define other races on the ballot.

So the Christian Coalition led a campaign to elect as many social conservatives onto school boards as they could.

Today, the right is turning its attention back to school boards, and the consequences for progressives and students across the country could be dire.

While most school board races are officially nonpartisan, most candidates nevertheless identify with a particular political ideology — and securing wins down-ballot can improve a movement’s prospects up-ballot.

By mobilizing conservative candidates to run for school elections — and encouraging their base to disrupt public meetings — Republicans are building a strong organizational structure to help them fight culture wars on the ground and seize power from the bottom up.

Progressives can no longer cede school boards to the GOP. They would be wise to treat these boards as political arenas to fight — and win……

Article on school boards becoming political battlegrounds
    =============

In 1996, conservative Christian activist Ralph Reed declared, “I would rather have a thousand school board members than one president and no school board members.”

As today’s school board meetings devolve into screaming matches and fistfights over mask requirements, vaccine mandates and anti-racist curriculums, conservatives are once again growing their influence within one of the most underrated power structures in American politics.

Back in the 1990s, leaders on the religious right began to realize that school boards wield an enormous amount of power — both in their control over students’ experiences, and in the way they can shape the debates that define other races on the ballot.

So the Christian Coalition led a campaign to elect as many social conservatives onto school boards as they could.

Today, the right is turning its attention back to school boards, and the consequences for progressives and students across the country could be dire.

While most school board races are officially nonpartisan, most candidates nevertheless identify with a particular political ideology — and securing wins down-ballot can improve a movement’s prospects up-ballot.

By mobilizing conservative candidates to run for school elections — and encouraging their base to disrupt public meetings — Republicans are building a strong organizational structure to help them fight culture wars on the ground and seize power from the bottom up.

Progressives can no longer cede school boards to the GOP. They would be wise to treat these boards as political arenas to fight — and win……

Politics is destroying our ability to govern ourselves. There is no such thing as a local election anymore.

Politics is destroying our ability to govern ourselves. There is no such thing as a local election anymore.
    I tend to agree but one could also say that it is a good thing parents are taking a more active role in local politics, especially school boards that have usually always gone over looked in the past.

I tend to agree but one could also say that it is a good thing parents are taking a more active role in local politics, especially school boards that have usually always gone over looked in the past.
    See: the Dover PA Bd of Ed case.

It would be a good thing if they were actually interested in their child's education, but that's not what they are interested in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom