How to improve American Education in 2021. (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Paul

Reaction score
    Latin American from Potomac, Maryland 20854
    The most recent PISA results, from 2015, placed the U.S. an unimpressive 38th out of 71 countries in math and 24th in science. Among the 35 members of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, which sponsors the PISA initiative, the U.S. ranked 30th in math and 19th in science.

My suggestion is rather simple.

1. Study why immigrants from East Asia, India, and Nigeria do well with American education. Apply that insight to other groups (if possible).
    2. Manage public schools as if though they were private schools with uniforms and discipline.
    3. Create high end special schools for those that are truly disenfranchised.
    4. Create a force of social workers to treat family dysfunction with regards to education.
    5. Reduce the curriculum to the simple basics and repeat that on a yearly basis.
    6. At about 10th grade divide college bound students away from non-college bound.
    7. Provide solid basic education and trade training for non-college bound kids. There is no point in offering free college to these kids.

Last edited:
    Sadly, it is an opinion shared by the left and especially those running our education system.
    @samiam5211 said parents aren't any better than a randomly selected person.

So it would perhaps be more accurate to say you and @Paul appear to have a poor opinion of people who don't have children, since you appear to think parents are superior by virtue of being parents.

For the record, I have children, and I agree with @samiam5211.

So it would perhaps be more accurate to say you and @Paul appear to have a poor opinion of people who don't have children, since you appear to think parents are superior by virtue of being parents.

Rob: You dutifully and faithfully follow all the tenets of the left. I am not surprised in your opinions and they are therefore predictable. No surprises!

Rob: You dutifully and faithfully follow all the tenets of the left. I am not surprised in your opinions and they are therefore predictable. No surprises!
    Paul: you avoid engaging in thought and discussion by, amongst other things, calling things you disagree with a "tenet of the left" without reason or evidence.

It's meaningless coming from you.

Edit to add: it also implies something can be dismissed purely on the premise of it being a tenet of the left. Which is a weird stance for a so-called moderate to take.

Random. Strange. I guess sperm is airborne and can be contracted like a virus. Telling actually.

No, children are not the states, not neighbors, not teachers, not clergy, not grandparents, not bureaucrats, not medical experts, or elites property. They are human so they are not property and until they can make rational adult decisions their decisions are made by their parents, not random people.
    Everyone in the community has a stake in raising good adults but they have no say unless a law is broken.
    The draconian take of your children are property of the state is exactly why parents are up in arms about this overreach. I hope you all continue this trend because is it a beautiful sight watching parents finally wake up and stand up to these authoritarian idiots.

It would be very, very accurate to say that I have poor opinion, actually a hatred for anyone that tells me I don't have a say or a right to raise my children how I think best and the default is the state.

Random. Strange. I guess sperm is airborne and can be contracted like a virus. Telling actually.

No, children are not the states, not neighbors, not teachers, not clergy, not grandparents, not bureaucrats, not medical experts, or elites property. They are human so they are not property and until they can make rational adult decisions their decisions are made by their parents, not random people.
    Everyone in the community has a stake in raising good adults but they have no say unless a law is broken.
    The draconian take of your children are property of the state is exactly why parents are up in arms about this overreach. I hope you all continue this trend because is it a beautiful sight watching parents finally wake up and stand up to these authoritarian idiots.

It would be very, very accurate to say that I have poor opinion, actually a hatred for anyone that tells me I don't have a say or a right to raise my children how I think best and the default is the state.
    No one said that children are the property of the state.

I think that it is draconian to believe that you have a right to determine what your children believe. You say you don't think that they are your property, but clearly you do.

You don't want your children exposed to ideas that don't agree with yours until you are confident you have successfully indoctrinated them into the culture that your parents indoctrinated you into.

I think that it is draconian to believe that you have a right to determine what your children believe. You say you don't think that they are your property, but clearly you do.

You don't want your children exposed to ideas that don't agree with yours until you are confident you have successfully indoctrinated them into the culture that your parents indoctrinated you into.
    My children have our values (me and wife) plus whatever else they picked up. However, the bulk of their values come from the family.

What?

I feel like you're interpreting 'randomly selected' a little too literally there (also an airborne virus isn't truly random in that sense either; different people may be more or less susceptible, and people can do things that increase or decrease their chances of contracting one).

Think of it another way: do you think there's some sort of moral test you could give people to significantly increase the chances of determining, without specifically asking, whether they're a parent or not?

You do seem very angry, but I'm not sure it's at anyone here. I said they're not property as well earlier, and @samiam5211 has also been clear that no-one has said that children are the property of the state.

You also clearly agree with the general principle that others should be involved, as you've stated that everyone has a stake, and additionally that they should have a say where laws are broken. So, as far as the posts here go, it seems like more of a difference on where the lines should be drawn, rather than the principle that both can be involved?

I'd also add that I would think most people would draw the lines dynamically. For example, I suspect most people would have very different views about how involved the state should be when the state is the Taliban.

And I still don't see how any of this follows on from your 'Dads on duty' article. They're literally there to support the learning environment provided by the school, not fighting against it.

Last edited:

yea, nuclear families can be part of the village.

You kids aren't your property, they belong to all of us. That mindset doesn't require eliminating nuclear families.

If my child is not my property and "They belong to all of us" then who is 'us'? You state 'us' is 'society' but in society who indoctrinates or educations my child if he goes to public school? Is it the state? It is, so you think the state should in charge or educating because my child because might be taught some horribly destructive ideology that is not in line with the new religion sweeping this society.

You wonder why parents are puling kids from public schools at such an alarming rate and parents are a school board meetings?

Is that not exactly the alt-left thinks? They want to indoctrinate them with their ideology over that of the parents but yet you think one side is more capable than the other. I wonder why? It is a great selling point for future elections. Look no further than a deep blue state of Va. One dem wants the state to have all say over parents on education of the children and the other Rep wants parents to have a say a say. I wonder who is doing better in that race. It is tied, in a deep deep blue state. Please continue.

And yes, you are 100% right. I plan to indoctrinate my children with the same values that I have so that nothing the left brings to the table will stick, God willing.

If my child is not my property and "They belong to all of us" then who is 'us'? You state 'us' is 'society' but in society who indoctrinates or educations my child if he goes to public school? Is it the state? It is, so you think the state should in charge or educating because my child because might be taught some horribly destructive ideology that is not in line with the new religion sweeping this society.

You wonder why parents are puling kids from public schools at such an alarming rate and parents are a school board meetings?

Is that not exactly the alt-left thinks? They want to indoctrinate them with their ideology over that of the parents but yet you think one side is more capable than the other. I wonder why? It is a great selling point for future elections. Look no further than a deep blue state of Va. One dem wants the state to have all say over parents on education of the children and the other Rep wants parents to have a say a say. I wonder who is doing better in that race. It is tied, in a deep deep blue state. Please continue.

And yes, you are 100% right. I plan to indoctrinate my children with the same values that I have so that nothing the left brings to the table will stick, God willing.

I was intentionally careful with how I worded it.

“They belong to all of us” Is like “This country belongs to all of us”or “This planet belongs to all of us.” In that we all have a responsibility to take care if it because we all share in the consequences if we don’t. It doesn’t imply ownership in the way one owns private property.

It doesn’t mean we all get to decide what they think. They get to decide what they think, not their parents or anyone else.

No one should be imposing a belief system on a child, we should be building a scaffolding around them that allows them to decide for themselves but protects them from being taken advantage of before they have the wisdom to make a judgement.

I was intentionally careful with how I worded it.

“They belong to all of us” Is like “This country belongs to all of us”or “This planet belongs to all of us.” In that we all have a responsibility to take care if it because we all share in the consequences if we don’t. It doesn’t imply ownership in the way one owns private property.

It doesn’t mean we all get to decide what they think. They get to decide what they think, not their parents or anyone else.

No one should be imposing a belief system on a child, we should be building a scaffolding around them that allows them to decide for themselves but protects them from being taken advantage of before they have the wisdom to make a judgement.
    I disagree. I think as a parent, I can and should indoctrinate my children into what I want them to believe. Once they are grown and go the indoctrination camps called colleges, they can figure it out but I won't let me children go as a blank slate so the alt-left indoctrinate them into the silly backwards religion of wokeism.

This education issue might actually be the issue that brings both sides together against the radical alt-left ideology. 🤞 🤞

How does everyone feel about an elementary class field trips to a bar!? Take the kids down to Nick's Icehouse and let them stare in wonder at the pee soaked floor of the bathroom, see the corner that Nelson pukes in every weekend see the back alley where Conner buys some weed from Sherry!. Maybe sample the stale peanuts and pretzels. Stand on the stage where "Butt Creaves" performed their rousing rendition of "Free Bird"! History! Sounds awesome and very educational! Let us make this a yearly field trip, that is how awesome it is!!

I have a feeling you all are thinking I am crazy. Don't worry, it is a gay bar so by the tenants of the alt-left, it is not only a good idea, it is an honor to educate your children this way!!! Good stuff

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f...n-field-trip-to-gay-bar-so-honored/ar-AAQ3tk1

I disagree. I think as a parent, I can and should indoctrinate my children into what I want them to believe. Once they are grown and go the indoctrination camps called colleges, they can figure it out but I won't let me children go as a blank slate so the alt-left indoctrinate them into the silly backwards religion of wokeism.

This education issue might actually be the issue that brings both sides together against the radical alt-left ideology. 🤞 🤞
    Great post! I am who I am because of my parents who in turn had great parents (my grandparents). I wanted my kids to have my values.

**WARNING** 'crappy' sources ahead. These 'crappy' sources are actually doing the work the legacy journalist won't do due to ideology.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/excl...-virginia-student-who-said-she-was-gang-raped

The girl in the middle school case said she was afraid of having her real name attached because one of her alleged tormentors had threatened to kill her if she came forward. The law firm is seeking to have the lawsuit thrown out because it was filed under a pseudonym, even though there is no dispute that the school system knows who she is. A judge rejected Hunton’s argument, but it filed an appeal on behalf of its client, the Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS).

In a separate case, a girl alleged that after FCPS administrators were told of an unwanted sexual incident on a band trip, a school security officer told her there was no point in seeking criminal charges, and the school gave an award to her alleged abuser. Hunton told the court that the school system lost documentation showing its investigation of the allegations – which occurred in part because it was not using a sexual harassment allegation database that it had promised to use pursuant to a federal settlement in the other girl’s case. In both cases, a women’s rights group filed “amicus” briefs to express opposition to Hunton’s arguments.

More eggs for the Omelet I guess.

So this domestic terrorist read a passage out of a book that was in the library. The board had him removed because the the language in the book was not suitable for adults to hear but perfectly fine for the students to read.

Now, the Super did address it by saying she and board did not know that language was in the book and it would be addressed and she hoped removed.

Isn't that the problem? Who created the list of approved books? How is the school board, who is in charge and paid very very very well to be in charge of public education not know this book was in the library? This is planned indoctrination pure and simple. This is why the public education system in the country is such a mess and there is a mass exodus from it toward private and home schooling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom