How Low Will the Democratic Party go Re: Bernie (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Beach Friends

Reaction score
    Last week Elizabeth Warren, who may have the worst political instincts of anyone in the race, tried to derail the Sanders' campaign by claiming he told her a woman could not be elected president. From what I can tell, this backfired on Warren as frequently happens with her stunts.

Not only did it hurt her, it also exposed her co-conspritator CNN. It's not exactly breaking news, but the CNN propaganda machine is not fit to host a political debate.

This week, Bernie took a clip from one of Joe Rogan's podcasts and used it to promote his campaign. It wasn't exactly an endorsement, but Joe said he will probably vote for Bernie and that he is impressed that Bernie has been consistent.

Of course, when you live on the left you are always run the risk of offending your fellow progressives and sure enough some people started losing their minds claiming that Rogan is not only "right wing" but also transphobic.

Many of Bernie's followers believe, with good reason, that the DNC was less than fair to Bernie last year. Despite the fact Bernie campaigned for the Hillary, a significant percentage of Bernie's supporters decided not to vote for Hillary. There are rumblings that his supporters will be even less likely to vote for a Democratic nominee not named Bernie.

Hillary has been acting like Hillary, badmouthing the man who campaigned for her in 2016. There are rumors that Obama may speak out against Bernie.

Sounds like troubled waters are ahead for the Democratic party as Bernie's campaign continues to pick up steam.

I know people change their minds and stuff and that's fine, but am I crazy or did you not express support for Bernie last cycle?

LOL I never supported him, that was all a ruse. If I had gotten a call by pollsters that year I was going to tell them I was voting for Hillary as well.

You think you’re at war with fellow Americans just because you have different political opinions?

You think you’re at war with fellow Americans just because you have different political opinions?

LOL, shows you have no idea what I meant by reading Sun Tzu. The book art of war is a philosophy, not about war it'self.

In life there is opposition, and Tzu's philosophies show you how to use your opposition's own hubris against them.

And Sam, calling me pathetic is so completely inconsequential to me. The eagle soaring in the sky does not worry what the worm thinks of it.

LOL, shows you have no idea what I meant by reading Sun Tzu. The book art of war is a philosophy, not about war it'self.

In life there is opposition, and Tzu's philosophies show you how to use your opposition's own hubris against them.

And Sam, calling me pathetic is so completely inconsequential to me. The eagle soaring in the sky does not worry what the worm thinks of it.

I didn’t call you pathetic, I was referring to a specific action.

Some of Sanders’ followers have a lot in common with Trump supporters, and dismissing the observation doesn’t make it untrue.

wait what? Please extrapolate your thoughts with examples. (I’m not asking for links, I’m curious as to what makes you think this).

You have surely noticed the similarities? How could you notOf course I should have said some Trump supporters as well, but that seemed awkward in the flow of the sentence.

You haven’t seen people claim that Trump was sent by God to save America? You haven’t seen the social media posts that call him God Emperor?

And yes, both extremes approach each other in lots of ways, but that’s not primarily what I meant. Sorry, Ward, lol

It’s the cult of personality aspects, it’s the idea that their guy is the only guy who can do right, it’s the demonization of opposition. We’ve seen it before.

I should emphasize again that there is a difference, though. Trump promotes this attitude and the divisiveness, while I think it probably makes Bernie a bit uncomfortable.

You have surely noticed the similarities? How could you notOf course I should have said some Trump supporters as well, but that seemed awkward in the flow of the sentence.

You haven’t seen people claim that Trump was sent by God to save America? You haven’t seen the social media posts that call him God Emperor?

And yes, both extremes approach each other in lots of ways, but that’s not primarily what I meant. Sorry, Ward, lol

It’s the cult of personality aspects, it’s the idea that their guy is the only guy who can do right, it’s the demonization of opposition. We’ve seen it before.

I should emphasize again that there is a difference, though. Trump promotes this attitude and the divisiveness, while I think it probably makes Bernie a bit uncomfortable.

I don’t think this explains what the voters have in common . or maybe it does and I do t understand it.

thanks, but I’m not looking for theory. I’m curious as to the actions she is referencing.

There is a subset of Sanders supporters who are angry, but ignorant. They don't know or care about the results of their policies being implemented. They just want to eat the elite (rich).

There is a subset of Trump supporters who are angry, but ignorant. They don't know or care about the results of their policies being implemented. They just want to eat the elite (liberals, the media, Hollywood).

Both groups suffer from an inferiority complex, and think all of their problems can be solved by taking from the "others".

Also, incels who have read Ayn Rand, support Trump. Incels who have read Marx support Sanders.

I don't like the DNC nor the direction they seem to be taking over the last, what, 8-10 years or more? They're screwing up more things than they are helping, and they have a HUGE part in why Trump was elected in 2016.

ANd all this time I thought that we disagreed on stuff... BAM. That's what I've said all along.

Tulsi has been excluded because she's just not popular with Democrat voters.

ANd that's a shame because she actually has the best chance of all to beat Trump. She seems to have her head on her shoulders squarely..

Nah, it's because Tulsi is kinda crazy and has spent more time bashing the left and the D candidates than she has actually putting together policy ideas and campaigning to win over Democrats or liberals.

I am not seeing any real policy ideas from any of them with the exception of Bernie. And nothing from Biden at all... Only what's he's done in the past as he continues to remind us at every turn. As a collective group (Democratic) they just cannot seem to come together for the best interest of the Country... It stands to reason when only one candidate remains how some democratic voters will be upset that their candidate did not become the nominee. Too many deviations.

As to Tulsi.. I tell ya.. If her Policy was not to get rid of all the ar15's... She would be the best candidate for nomination and would stand the best chance against Trump. IMHO.

Funny as it sounded, I was tempted to vote for Bernie.. And really consider him.. But something that he said just turned me cold, but I can;t remember what that was. $15 Minimum wage I think.
    But when it comes to healthcare... I am think that we need to do something. I am poor, how well do I know.. I also think that our Insurance companies as a whole need a total overhaul.

As a registered independent, I can vote in the Democratic Primaries.

JoeOKC

"As a registered independent, I can vote in the Democratic Primaries."

I did not know that. I am a registered independent also. Can I vote also in the GOP primary?

JoeOKC

I did not know that. I am a registered independent also. Can I vote also in the GOP primary?

Depends on your state i believe.

JoeOKC

Depends on your state. In FL here you have to be a registered member of the party to vote in the primary

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom