House Select Committee Hearings on Jan. 6 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

That segment by the anonymous witness about Pence's security team calling relatives to say their possible last goodbyes was chilling. They knew shirt was about to get real.
    CNN said it quite well...

"Pence's Secret Service detail was trying to call their family and now Trump's detail are trying to lawyer up (by hiring their own private attorneys)."

Last edited:
    At this point, Cheney is all but guaranteed to lose her seat. I wouldn't mind seeing her offered a position in the Biden administration, not that she would accept it. She is what republicans used to be.

I think one of the things that stuck with me was the statement that Trump wasn’t “doing nothing” in the WH dining room for 3 hours. He was monitoring the crowd’s violence and giving them a boost by his Pence tweet. Not only that, he was working the phones. Calling senators to press them to delay the certification; he was still actively trying to overturn the valid election results and stay in office by throwing the election to the House due to the chaos and the lies about the election. It was planned, it was coordinated, he knew people may very well die, and they did, but he didn’t care. That it failed doesn’t matter; everyone involved needs to be held accountable and charged appropriately. It was much worse than even we thought, and the failure of the Rs to hold Trump immediately responsible, their failure to ensure he was convicted by the second impeachment and barred from holding office ever again, has to go down as one of the most glaring examples of moral cowardice in our history. As far as I‘m concerned anyone in the Senate who voted to acquit is unfit for an office of public trust.

I just read that 24 agents deleted their texts. And not just on a single day, but between Dec 7th to Jan 6th

and that the secret service submitted a single txt to the committee, and conveniently the others probably won't be recovered...

if they are not gone already, whomever deleted those texts should be fired, and whoever was overseeing them should also be fired.

One guy on Twitter, named Bouzy I think, says his opinion is that agents deleted texts because they were expressing outrage over Trump, not their support for him. I’m not sure I can buy that theory, but thought it was interesting. Speaking disrespectfully about the person you are charged with protecting is probably a fireable offense. Maybe there was a mix - some agents supporting Trump and some disgusted by him?

I just read that 24 agents deleted their texts. And not just on a single day, but between Dec 7th to Jan 6th

and that the secret service submitted a single txt to the committee, and conveniently the others probably won't be recovered...

if they are not gone already, whomever deleted those texts should be fired, and whoever was overseeing them should also be fired.
    Yeah, I can't see that as anything other than a cover-up until I'm convinced otherwise. They know those messages had to be preserved. It amazes me, however, that the Secret Service, or any other agency for that matter, doesn't automatically back that stuff up. My texts are backed up automatically every two weeks. My phone data, once a month.

It's not rocket science. That's why I'm calling it a cover-up. Prove me wrong.

Yeah, I can't see that as anything other than a cover-up until I'm convinced otherwise. They know those messages had to be preserved. It amazes me, however, that the Secret Service, or any other agency for that matter, doesn't automatically back that stuff up. My texts are backed up automatically every two weeks. My phone data, once a month.

It's not rocket science. That's why I'm calling it a cover-up. Prove me wrong.
    I know with the laptops we use, we are supposed to preserve documents and communications for a certain period of time. I don't know how it is with phones and other devices, but it shouldn't be much different.

My guess is Trump spoke with someone in authority in the agency and somehow got them to agree to "losing" the data to an update. But idk. That would be very difficult to prove without a credible witness.

One guy on Twitter, named Bouzy I think, says his opinion is that agents deleted texts because they were expressing outrage over Trump, not their support for him. I’m not sure I can buy that theory, but thought it was interesting. Speaking disrespectfully about the person you are charged with protecting is probably a fireable offense. Maybe there was a mix - some agents supporting Trump and some disgusted by him?
    I definitely think it was a mix of both. In either case, disparaging the President while on the clock would have consequences, I would think. Probably would depend on who's in charge too.

So, apparently there's talk that because an officer died in the course of the riots, that there might be grounds to charge Trump with felony murder. The tricky part is proving that he died as a consequence of the riots and not natural causes. He had a heart attack iirc, so idk how that gets proven. I do hope he gets charged and found guilty, but easier said than done.

I definitely think it was a mix of both. In either case, disparaging the President while on the clock would have consequences, I would think. Probably would depend on who's in charge too.
    Getting fired for what you said and going to jail for what you did are two different things. I just don't see them being so afraid of getting fired that they risk going to jail. Like @GrandAdmiral said, this is a coverup. It's the coverup to end all coverup. It a coverup, the likes of which we have never seen.

Getting fired for what you said and going to jail for what you did are two different things. I just don't see them being so afraid of getting fired that they risk going to jail. Like @GrandAdmiral said, this is a coverup. It's the coverup to end all coverup. It a coverup, the likes of which we have never seen.
    Yeah, I don't disagree there. I hope they nail whoever cooked that up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom