Here come the Hillary e-mails again... (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SystemShock

Uh yu ka t'ann
    Reaction score

President Donald Trump's administration is investigating the emails of dozens of current and former senior State Department officials who sent emails to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's private email, The Washington Post reported.

When is it going to end?

I figured when dealing with people from the left it is easier giving them sources they are familiar with. Why are you being obtuse about this?

Pointing out hypocrisy is not being obtuse. You criticized Business Insider for having a Left-Center bias. According to you, bias = lies:

Bias = lies. Unbiased = truth.
    Definition of Bias

a.
    A preference or an inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment.
    b. An unfair act or policy stemming from prejudice.

3. A statistical sampling or testing error caused by systematically favoring some outcomes over others.

If Business Insider is biased, and being biased means they are liars, why are you using them as a source?

Please show me the people tied to trump outside of the 8. I can surely do the same for the 38 in Hillary’s case.
    The Mueller report ain't all about trump, perhaps you should give it a read, you might learn something. As for your other comment, all we know about those 38 people is that they worked at State and sent emails.

Pointing out hypocrisy is not being obtuse. You criticized Business Insider for having a Left-Center bias. According to you, bias = lies:

If Business Insider is biased, and being biased means they are liars, why are you using them as a source?

I’m not going to get into this and I’m not going to report it. However, these are the tactics used to bait people on places on her web like the PDB.

FYI, hypocrisy would have been using Breitbart as the source

I’m not going to get into this and I’m not going to report it. However, these are the tactics used to bait people on places on her web like the PDB.

FYI, hypocrisy would have been using Breitbart as the source

It was a legitimate question, as is the one I asked in the CNN Whistleblower thread that you refused to answer on multiple occasions. I'm sorry that you can't see that.

It was a legitimate question, as is the one I asked in the CNN Whistleblower thread that you refused to answer on multiple occasions. I'm sorry that you can't see that.
    I have given you very understandable explanations. Instead of saying, “ok that make sense” you continue to be obtuse.

I KNOW IT IS A LEFT BIASED SITE. I ALSO KNOW THEY USE HYPERBOLE AND STRETCHED TRUTHS AGAINST EVERYTHING DONALD TRUMP. I USED IT BECAUSE A LEFT BIASED SITE WOULD BE LEFT BIASED. THE LEFT BIASED SITE ONLY SAID 8 PEOPLE AFFILIATED WITH TRUMP.

Maybe we should return to the actual topic of this discussion, hmm?

DD linked a recent article, maybe someone could read it and comment on it?

Although the report identified violations, it said investigators had found "no persuasive evidence of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information."

However, it also made clear the Clinton's use of the private email had increased the vulnerability of classified information.
    Nothing deliberate, but the actions will still be noted in their files and potentially actionable.

It also didn’t identify the 38 people so I think it’s a bit premature to say they are all “linked” to Clinton and hyper-partisan to call them a gang of thieves or accomplices.

Maybe we should return to the actual topic of this discussion, hmm?

DD linked a recent article, maybe someone could read it and comment on it?
    Sure thing. Politico says the State Department's investigation found no "systemic" classified violation in HRC's server emails.

This means that the 38 aides who committed the 91 violations were not part of a widespread effort to deliberately mishandle classified information.

“While there were some instances of classified information being inappropriately introduced into an unclassified system in furtherance of expedience, by and large, the individuals interviewed were aware of security policies and did their best to implement them in their operations,” the report said.

“Instances of classified information being deliberately transmitted via unclassified email were the rare exception and resulted in adjudicated security violations. There was no persuasive evidence of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information.”

That being said, the report went on to say the unclassified email system was repeatedly breached by Russian intruders, according to officials. Cybersecurity officials became so concerned that Russia had compromised the official system that it was at one point shut down for a weekend to try to rid it of viruses and digital taps.

My personal take on all of this? Whatever actually happened is now classified and sealed and won't be released to the public for 40 years or until Chelsea is dead, much like the JFK files. Color me cynical.

38 people cited for violations in Clinton email probe

By MATTHEW LEE and MARY CLARE JALONICK, Associated Press
    1 hr ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — The State Department has completed its internal investigation into former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's use of private email and found violations by 38 people, some of whom may face disciplinary action.

Link:
    I fully support everyone being held accountable for breaking the law.

Sure thing. Politico says the State Department's investigation found no "systemic" classified violation in HRC's server emails.

This means that the 38 aides who committed the 91 violations were not part of a widespread effort to deliberately mishandle classified information.

“While there were some instances of classified information being inappropriately introduced into an unclassified system in furtherance of expedience, by and large, the individuals interviewed were aware of security policies and did their best to implement them in their operations,” the report said.

“Instances of classified information being deliberately transmitted via unclassified email were the rare exception and resulted in adjudicated security violations. There was no persuasive evidence of systemic, deliberate mishandling of classified information.”

That being said, the report went on to say the unclassified email system State’s official, unclassified email system was repeatedly breached by Russian intruders, according to officials. Cybersecurity officials became so concerned that Russia had compromised the official system that it was at one point shut down for a weekend to try to rid it of viruses and digital taps.

My personal take on all of this? Whatever actually happened is now classified and sealed and won't be released to the public for 40 years or until Chelsea is dead, much like the JFK files. Color me cynical.
    fify :9:

I'm sure that was an innocent mistake. I didn't want anyone to think they said her private server was breached.

I’ve only read one brief article and this thread. In my experience, users don’t want to be bothered with security protocols, so that kinda tracks with the “non-systemic” component. Especially with information that wasn’t explicitly classified.

Don't forget this one. Some of those people sanctioned may have been a part of this too

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Top aides in President Donald Trump’s White House, including his daughter Ivanka Trump and son-in-law, Jared Kushner, will come under increased scrutiny for their use of personal emails and other unofficial messaging to conduct government affairs, a congressional oversight chairman said on Monday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-white-house-personal-email-use-idUSKCN1TW3QH

I keep thinking of this Obama speech. He totally misses in the beginning (trump was correct, how did the greatest president in the world not know this was going on)

yet in the end is a really good message for all of the people on the left who continue to throw trash at the president.

I keep thinking of this Obama speech. He totally misses in the beginning (trump was correct, how did the greatest president in the world not know this was going on)

yet in the end is a really good message for all of the people on the left who continue to throw trash at the president.

Dude, all we're doing is pointing out the trash he throws at himself.

I’ve only read one brief article and this thread. In my experience, users don’t want to be bothered with security protocols, so that kinda tracks with the “non-systemic” component. Especially with information that wasn’t explicitly classified.
    Yes. I said it before, during the investigation into the emails, what was clearly apparent, was that some staffers weren't paying close enough attention to classified material and attaching portions in other emails, to plan phone calls and meetings. Had they just said, "relevant material will be on your desk" if would have been fine.

I'm sure the ability to just email has caused all kinds of issues with classified into (like the low level stuff). I know ITAR issues became a bigger cluster.

The point is that this was an opportunity for the State Department to tighten up data handling.

Everything else is just political parroting.

Hold on that is almost 5 times as many as mueller got in his which hunt. And this is the person that the left wanted to run our country? Crooked Hillary and her gang of 38 thieves.
    But the level of criminal activity still heavily favors the current president's issues. 6 people have served time for the crimes discovered in the Mueller probe. 7 have been convicted, with Rick Gates still not sentenced IIRC. And all told there were 34 people and 3 companies criminally charged in his investigation.

Criminally charged is a higher bar to clear than "noted in their files and will be considered when they apply for or go to renew security clearances" and "also be some kind of disciplinary action".

The difference is similar to robbing a bank and bouncing a check. Both are bad. Both carry penalties. But are you actually willing to claim that 38 overdrafters are worse than 7 bank robbers?

But the level of criminal activity still heavily favors the current president's issues. 6 people have served time for the crimes discovered in the Mueller probe. 7 have been convicted, with Rick Gates still not sentenced IIRC. And all told there were 34 people and 3 companies criminally charged in his investigation.

Criminally charged is a higher bar to clear than "noted in their files and will be considered when they apply for or go to renew security clearances" and "also be some kind of disciplinary action".

The difference is similar to robbing a bank and bouncing a check. Both are bad. Both carry penalties. But are you actually willing to claim that 38 overdrafters are worse than 7 bank robbers?

depends on how big the checks are 😜

They were tiny, itty bitty checks. Just read the report.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom