Harris VP watch (7 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Sounds like Walz is getting pushed by House Dems. No surprise as he is the chair of the Dem Gov Assoc. and former Rep.

From the beginning, my favorite was Kelly, and he is still awesome, but I've reconsidered, because Kelly is from a western state and he and Gabby aren't good-looking. Shapiro and Beshear may be more appealing, and although it is very shallow, the appeal of their wives matter, and Andy Beshear's is the most attractive and appealing of the leading candidates. I believe some people like Trump because of Melania, so it would be nice to win-over some of those shallow voters. Although I don't think Beshear's wife is on the same level as Melania from a looks perspective, she is much more appealing overall. Those of us that are steeped in the news don't care, but the less engaged voters will care. I really liked both Andy and his wife Britainy in this interview. She is impressive and very likeable, so I think Beshear might help the ticket the most.

Can you imagine if Trump admitted this

“How did you decide who your VP would be?”

Trump: “I just went with whoever had the hottest wife”

Walz is cool calm quietly eloquent. Also a very pragmatic individual. Like I said earlier, I’d prefer him at the top of the ticket.

Walz is cool calm quietly eloquent. Also a very pragmatic individual. Like I said earlier, I’d prefer him at the top of the ticket.

I think Walz is the "doesn't hurt the ticket" choice who will know how to get stuff done on the Hill. Shapiro seems risky and less experienced but could pull Penn. Beshear feels like the middle between them with maybe future Pres potential.

I had Beshear and Walz as my top 2 early. The more I learn about Walz, the more I think he may be the best choice.

I think Walz is the "doesn't hurt the ticket" choice who will know how to get stuff done on the Hill. Shapiro seems risky and less experienced but could pull Penn. Beshear feels like the middle between them with maybe future Pres potential.

I had Beshear and Walz as my top 2 early. The more I learn about Walz, the more I think he may be the best choice.
    The only problem with Walz is that he's more liberal than the others, and they're already trying to paint Harris herself as a "radical liberal." It seems safer to choose someone more centrist to comfort voters afraid of "too liberal."

I know there are risks to Shapiro, but this is another really strong piece of work. I would really enjoy seeing Vance try to debate him.

He's 100% right about Vance, which is why he's so appealing to trump because everything Shapiro said can be said about trump.

Harris absolutely has to have PA the way the electoral college sets up. If she gets MI, WI, PA she will be President, IMO.

Harris absolutely has to have PA the way the electoral college sets up. If she gets MI, WI, PA she will be President, IMO.

This is the kind of thing I was wondering about a couple weeks ago. Or how much strategic sense it would make to pick a VP from a state they are targeting or needing to win

The polls in MI and WI already look pretty good even before the convention bump. PA would put her over the top in the EC.

This guy knows a lot more about it (EC) than I do, and I don’t think I’ve seen him say he has a favorite VP candidate.

I was surprised to see Cenk Uygur is backing Shapiro as the VP pick.

In an election that's going to be largely determine by women voters, it's the stigma of being accused of covering up sexual harassment that I would want to avoid at almost any cost. Does Shapiro really bring that much more upside to the campaign to risk that possible downside? I don't know, so I'm glad it's not my call.

I personally wouldn't risk Shapiro for at best a 2% bump in PA. I think Shapiro supporting Harris and Harris launching full grassroots efforts in PA will give her just as good a chance of winning PA without Shapiro as it would with Shapiro.

If Shapiro gives her a 2% bump in PA, but risks losing her 2% in other states due to the sexual harassment cover up stigma, that would be a huge net negative that he brings to the campaign. It's going to be a difficult decision.

Last edited:
    This mentions 6 people for interviews
    Andy Beshear of Kentucky
    J.B. Pritzker of Illinois
    Josh Shapiro of Pennsylvania
    Tim Walz of Minnesota
    Sen. Mark Kelly of Arizona
    Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg

This mentions 6 people for interviews
    Andy Beshear of Kentucky
    J.B. Pritzker of Illinois
    Josh Shapiro of Pennsylvania
    Tim Walz of Minnesota
    Sen. Mark Kelly of Arizona
    Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg
    I read that Harris is going to try to keep it a secret until Tuesday when she plans to make a public announcement with the person she chooses. I've also heard that the United Auto Workers are pushing hard for Walz or Beshear.

Anyone looking to make some money on the long shots...?

1722875148996.png

Nick Saban? :biglol:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom