Harris VP watch (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Odd if Beshear is the pick considering the needs of the map.

I understand that argument but I think there are other ways to look at how a VP candidate might help with the electorate. Harris didn’t help Biden with the map but she helped with key demographics, plus I think he felt like she made a great teammate.

Can Beshear help with progressives? Younger voters? Rural working class?

Last edited:
A group of progressives have signed on to a letter expressing their support for Harris and encouraging her to pick Walz or Beshear to be her VP.

I guess there's always a chance of a wildcard, but I think it's known that it's down to one of them or Shapiro or Kelly. It's an interesting dillemma for the campaign. Shapiro and Kelly could both help win their states, but are each only in their second year of their current office.

Walz and Beshear, alternatively are both two term governors but won't change the map -- Minnesota will go blue, Kentucky will go red. But I think they'd both be seen as credible, serious selections for being a heartbeat away from the presidency -- which would make a good contrast with Vance, who's only been in elected office for a year and a half.

I understand that argument but I think there are other ways to look out how a VP candidate might help with the electorate. Harris didn’t help Biden with the map but she helped with key demographics, plus I think he felt like she made a great teammate.

Can Beshear help with progressives? Younger voters? Rural working class?
I would go with picking the candidate that will help me get the most amount of votes in the most amount of states. You can only pick one VP, so to me picking one that helps win one state is a waste if they don't help you win any other states.

Looks like we'll soon know who it is

Vice President Kamala Harris is expected to announce her running mate by Tuesday, when she will hold her first rally with her pick in Philadelphia.

The two will barnstorm cities in seven swing states in four days. In addition to Philadelphia, they’ll hit western Wisconsin, Detroit, Raleigh, Savannah, Phoenix and Las Vegas

Looks like we'll soon know who it is

Vice President Kamala Harris is expected to announce her running mate by Tuesday, when she will hold her first rally with her pick in Philadelphia.

The two will barnstorm cities in seven swing states in four days. In addition to Philadelphia, they’ll hit western Wisconsin, Detroit, Raleigh, Savannah, Phoenix and Las Vegas
I'm scratching my head like, "today's Tuesday." :saywhat:

A lot of people are speculating the pick will be Shapiro since the announcement on Tuesday will be in PA. The campaign says not to read into that. The campaign is also alerting Wall Street that campaign donation pledges need to be in before Tuesday since they aren’t allowed to donate to a ticket that includes a sitting Governor. Which is 3 of the 4 finalists so not much to be made of that either.

I’m just waiting and agree with this:

A lot of people are speculating the pick will be Shapiro since the announcement on Tuesday will be in PA. The campaign says not to read into that. The campaign is also alerting Wall Street that campaign donation pledges need to be in before Tuesday since they aren’t allowed to donate to a ticket that includes a sitting Governor. Which is 3 of the 4 finalists so not much to be made of that either.

I’m just waiting and agree with this:

I see plausibility either way. She may be announcing someone other than Shapiro in PA, so Shapiro can give his full endorsement to the people of PA or she's announcing Shapiro in his home state. Even if she hasn't made a final decision, it's smart to give Wall Street the reminder, since 3 of her 4 options are sitting governors.

I’m seeing a growing chorus on Twitter of progressives saying they won’t support the ticket if she picks Shapiro. I’m so tired. I sure hope these voices aren’t indicative of how the majority of progressives will act if Shapiro happens to be the pick.

I’m seeing a growing chorus on Twitter of progressives saying they won’t support the ticket if she picks Shapiro. I’m so tired. I sure hope these voices aren’t indicative of how the majority of progressives will act if Shapiro happens to be the pick.
I agree. For the most part, I think the idea that perfect is the enemy of good is crap, but in this case it definitely applies. I don't care who she picks, I'm voting for her and against Trump. I don't care what Democrats are running down ballot, I'm voting for them and against Republicans.

When a room in your house is on fire, you put out the damn fire first. When the fire is out, you can argue about the best way to restore and redecorate the room.

A repeated reason I’ve seen is that Shapiro made a comparison in the way some pro-Palestinian protesters were treating Jewish and other students to the way the KKK publicly harassed black people.

I haven’t read anything that is compelling enough to abandon the ticket.

I hope the backlash to him isn’t being driven by anti-semitism but I’ve read comments online that have me concerned.

Damn shame

Typical.

Here is a link to an interview in which Shapiro addresses campus protests. He calls out antisemitism and Islamophobia, and draws a distinction between peaceful protests and harassing and disrupting other students and campus personnel.

None of his commentary seems unreasonable to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom