Harris VP watch (12 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

So now, the left has to call Walz's direct superior, the chaplain of his unit, and his battalion commander liars.

How do you think that will go?
Obvious that they don’t like him, very good to excellent chance they were recruited by the Trump campaign to smear Walz, just like the same guy got veterans to lie about John Kerry for political reasons. We know the guy who replaced Walz was paid to write his hit piece letter and is a big Trump supporter.

Like I said, very good to excellent chance these guys are just MAGA shills brought forward by the same guy who smeared Kerry. It’s an old dirty trick of his. He’s running Trump’s campaign now.

They don’t have anything significant. No matter how much you seethe about it. Technicalities and a timeline that doesn’t support what they say.

It’s not like Walz posted a completely bat shirt crazy post about Trump’s crowds being fake and saying “there was no one there”. If he did that, then we’d have to question his mental status wouldn’t we?

Do you having reading comprehension issues?
Do tell how I lied and misled people about this and be specific.

Since you mentioned Trump and bone spurs how do you feel about Clinton and Biden doing things to avoid the draft like Trump?

Since you mentioned Trump and bone spurs how do you feel about Clinton and Biden doing things to avoid the draft like Trump?
if you read post 698 that's how i feel, and most here feel, but j can't speak for them, but can you comment on that for ME?

MANKATO, Minn. (AP) — Jacob Reitan said he told Gwen Walz he was gay before he told his parents.

Reitan was a student in 1999 at Mankato West High School in Minnesota, where Walz and her husband, Tim, were teachers. In her classroom, Gwen Walz had announced at the start of his sophomore year that her class was a safe place for gay students.

“I’d never heard a teacher ever talk about gay issues from the front of the classroom,” recalled Reitan, now a 42-year-old lawyer in Minneapolis. “That act meant the world to me. It made me feel welcome in the place where I’m supposed to learn.”

Gwen Walz’s unwavering support was shared by her husband, who moved to Minnesota from rural Nebraska long before the Democrat became a congressman, governor and Vice President Kamala Harris’ choice to be her running mate in her 2024 presidential campaign.

It was Tim Walz whom Reitan approached about starting a Gay-Straight Alliance at the high school. Having the backing of the football team’s defensive coordinator — a straight, married man and soldier in the Army National Guard — gave the plan a boost.

Walz, a world geography teacher, offered to be the group’s faculty adviser. That mattered, Reitan said, to a young man who had had his car window broken and a gay slur scrawled on his family’s driveway.

But he said that is how Walz treated all students.

“He had the ability to talk about issues of bullying in a way that helped both the bully and the bullier,” Reitan said. “He made clear that bullying makes no sense. It doesn’t help anybody. And it made the school safer for me.”

In introducing Walz as her running mate, Harris shared that story. But Walz’s advocacy for the LGBTQ community has not been met with universal approval in the days since he joined the ticket. Some Republican elected officials and conservative commentators have cited Walz’s opposition to bans on gender affirming care for minors as proof that he is too liberal to be vice president.…….

"He shouldn't have lied and misled people about his military record & being in combat." You keep saying he shouldn't have lied and misled. If you're trying to suggest you actually care about candidates being honest, you're lying, since you support the most dishonest candidate in history.

By all means keep at this, but swiftboat attacks don't work when your guy is a draft dodger.

You can keep spamming tweets. It won't make you right, or less of a hypocrite on the subject.

Very intersting article
=============

He’s got jokes, enthusiasm and a smiley face that’s not even remotely trying to hide how he’s feeling. He’s Tim Walz - and he’s bringing major Midwestern dad energy to the Democratic ticket.

At least that’s how many white women feel when they see Walz in videos, riding the Slingshot at the state fair with his daughter, signing legislation to give kids in Minnesota free lunches or tweeting about his pet cat.

It’s in stark contrast to what some see in their own fathers - who often have more conservative political views.

“He is silly. My dad used to be very, very silly and goofy,” Pamela Wurst Vetrini, a woman who recently compared Walz to her father, said in a viral TikTok video.

“[My dad] is really friendly, he loves people,” social media user Lydia said. “Except when he goes to the voting booth.”

When Kamala Harris introduced Walz as her running mate, he appeared with energy that, for some, was a nostalgic reminder of fathers cheering at soccer games or pushing the swing.

For Vetrini, 40, a wash of emotion came over her after she started to research Walz and found that so much of his identity reminded her of her dad - a man she loves but who has leaned far-right in recent years that she can no longer have a conversation with him about anything other than the weather.

“He represents the dad that a lot of liberal women lost,” Vetrini said in her TikTok video.

“A lot of us had moderate to conservative, educated, sensible fathers that we lost to Rush Limbaugh. That we lost to Fox News. That we lost to Donald Trump. And the cult of conservatism that has grown and grown and grown has driven a wedge between millennial woman and her father,” she said.

Vetrini’s articulation resonated with millions online.

Her comment section was flooded with messages from women validating the experience of losing the relationship they once had with their fathers to political divisiveness.

For Lydia, 33, it was hard to find the words to explain how sad, yet hopeful, she felt watching Walz talk about expanding reproductive rights, enacting common sense gun laws, focusing on a healthier planet. Walz also proudly speaks about his evangelical upbringing, Army service, and, in true dad fashion, attending a Bruce Springsteen concert............

Watching conservative media personalities such as former Fox News anchor Bill O’Reilly was a staple of Lydia’s childhood. She said her father once referred to himself as “moderate” but over the years he has leaned further into conservatism.

She says Fox News appealed to her father because it capitalized on his fear of the unknown future – and played into it. Right-wing media personalities became more divisive, asserting that Democrats or “others” were going to take away the lifestyle of the straight, white American man and replace it with something unfamiliar.

Lydia said her father’s views became so ingrained in his personality that it created tension in their relationship.

“Every time I see people like [JD Vance] talk about how childless women with cats shouldn’t have voting rights, I know he hears that. He’s not going to come to me and say ‘Hey I don’t think that about you’,” Lydia said.

“I’m forced to assume [my dad] believes that about me,” she said. “It’s heartbreaking to see Tim Walz and be like ‘That’s who my dad could be. Someone who actually loves me’.”

Lydia’s experience is not uncommon.

Jennifer, 50, said her father, a Vietnam War veteran, also fell down the Fox News rabbit hole when he got older, in part because the network validates his views as a veteran.

“Sometimes I think that the same thing that drove him to enlist in Vietnam is probably the same thing that drives him to Fox News,” she said.

It wasn’t until Donald Trump nominated Neil Gorsuch for the Supreme Court in 2017 that Jennifer felt the tangible impact of her father’s political views.

“He said, ‘This is great. This will set the libs back 30 years.’ And I was so shocked. I looked at him and said, ‘That’s me. That’s my husband and my son. Why would you wish that on me?’ It was the one moment where I think my dad maybe realized the impact of his beliefs,” she said.............

especally considering Vance thinks people with children should get more votes than people without kids, that their kids should be able to vote..
the guys a joke..

I didn't know that "map nerd" was a thing

This guy is looking more and more like he's straight from central casting/made in a lab for a VP

Would you really be surprised if Walz does something like this for real?

"He shouldn't have lied and misled people about his military record & being in combat." You keep saying he shouldn't have lied and misled. If you're trying to suggest you actually care about candidates being honest, you're lying, since you support the most dishonest candidate in history.
If I'm trying to suggest...no I'm not trying to suggest that so your claim I was lying was false.

All politicians lie and Trump lies a lot. Do you think the fact that Trump lies a lot somehow shields Walz from criticisms of his lies?

Continue to call Trump or any politicians out for their lies. Considering they all lie and are dishonest, it's funny how you think pointing to Trump's lies somehow negates Walz's lies about his military service.

It's ironic that after you bring up Trump using bone spurs to avoid deployment I mention Clinton and Biden did similar things to avoid deployment and you cut that part out from my post and you ignored it.

By all means keep at this, but swiftboat attacks don't work when your guy is a draft dodger.

You can keep spamming tweets. It won't make you right, or less of a hypocrite on the subject.
Clinton, Biden and Trump were all draft dodgers. Why do you only mention Trump? We all know why.

Quit your crying. MT15's new thread includes her posting 26 posts out of 44 posts and not a single word from any of you about spamming.

Spamming to you all is really just stuff you don't want to read or stuff that you disagree with.

Clinton, Biden and Trump were all draft dodgers. Why do you only mention Trump? We all know why.

Quit your crying. MT15's new thread includes her posting 26 posts out of 44 posts and not a single word from any of you about spamming.

Spamming to you all is really just stuff you don't want to read or stuff that you disagree with.
see post 698. there is your answer.. or ignore it agian... whatever,,.

Quit using straw men. What I find so frustrating from you, and what I call spamming, is when you post the same tweets several days or times. Plus when you get debunked for posting tweets that are lies, you don’t acknowledge or take them down. You just move on to more lies.

For example - you posted a tweet that said Biden wasn’t vetting 7,000 immigrants per an EO. Someone had to ask you for the order, which you then linked. Problem is - the order clearly says these are non-immigrant visa applicants. Meaning your entire tweet was a lie. It was pointed out to you by a couple people, and just … silence. A person having an honest discussion would have said - oh, my bad, I guess I should have read the order before I posted that tweet.

But you do not do that. Nor do you acknowledge other valid points that have been brought up, like ever.

You just push MAGA talking points with a gish galloping style. If you could learn to read your sources critically, you could contribute a fresh perspective here. But it’s obvious you have zero interest in that. You use completely biased sources without using critical reasoning.

You have lost the plot. Clearly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom