Harris VP watch (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Veteran's service should be respected, but their military service doesn't shield them from criticism of misleading and lying about their record(Walz) or supporting every war and the military industrial complex(McCain).
    He made personal insults about McCain and his service not his congressional record.

If you are ok with this attack on McCain you can go take a long walk on a short pier.

I mean look at the batshirt crazy thing you posted.
    It is of course a rumor, like a lot of things people post. But it isn’t a crazy rumor, not at all.

I will use a source that you tend to favor, and that deals in rumors. You post this source (a gossip rag) all the time when you like the rumors it presents. But when I post a rumor you don’t like, you get your feelings all hurt about it and call it crazy. 🤣

And yet you have an anti-warmonger in Walz, but you choose to disparage and defame him because he's a Democrat.
    I chose to highlight his lies and misleading statements about his military record. You left that part out. Walz won't help the Harris campaign with the Veteran vote now that people know what Walz said.

I chose to highlight his lies and misleading statements about his military record. You left that part out. Walz won't help the Harris campaign with the Veteran vote now that people know what Walz said.

He never outright lied about anything. He may have embellished is stint in Italy to make a point with is "carried a gun" comment, but that hardly surprising coming from a politician who's using his experience to try and connect with an audience he's speaking too. Mostly what you've been complaining about in your torrent of post on this subject is people taking things severely out of context.

But go ahead and keep believing the lies that you've been fed about him.

About as much as veterans supporting a guy who disparages veterans and never served. It won’t move the needle either way. Most people who prioritize their military service over anything else are going to vote republican anyway.
    Literally this item has gotten no traction any where. I’ve seen a few mentions of it in the news and the Campaign released a statement and that has been it. I am sure it will come up in the debate and that might get attention, but Walz and Vance will be able to attack/defend themselves in front of a balanced audience.

I don't agree with his attacks on McCain, but I didn't like McCain because he was a warmonger and supporter of the military industrial complex despite him being a POW.
    you didn't agree with it, but it was ok for Trump to do it because you didn't like him.. hmmm..
    Just like when Trump and Co attacked Tammy Duckworths patrotism.. there is a history of it.

Oh, yes he absolutely will. His work on the Veteran’s Affairs Committee will absolutely win him votes as will his opposition to the war in the first place, back when it wasn’t popular to do so. He has been a champion for veterans his entire career.

The smear of Walz is absolutely seen for what it is by most veterans who aren’t MAGA. And it angers them against Trump and Vance. We have several veterans here on MAP who are offended and angered by the attempted “swift boating” of Walz and your pushing it daily.

And yet you have an anti-warmonger in Walz, but you choose to disparage and defame him because he's a Democrat.
    Proving that he has no real allegiance to anything except Trump. He didn’t used to be this way.

Posting to prove my point about Walz. He’s the most popular person on either ticket right now. None of the swift-boat smearing is having any effect, nor any of the other crap either. This is from 538:

“Harris approaching +3 in national polls, rivaling Trump's post-debate/RNC high. She is up in MI (+3.4) WI (+3.3) PA (+1.7) NV (+0.6) and tied in AZ + GA

Harris's net fav is now -4, compared to -8 for Trump and -9 for Vance. Walz, meanwhile, is around +8.”

Posting to prove my point about Walz. He’s the most popular person on either ticket right now. None of the swift-boat smearing is having any effect, nor any of the other crap either. This is from 538:

“Harris approaching +3 in national polls, rivaling Trump's post-debate/RNC high. She is up in MI (+3.4) WI (+3.3) PA (+1.7) NV (+0.6) and tied in AZ + GA

Harris's net fav is now -4, compared to -8 for Trump and -9 for Vance. Walz, meanwhile, is around +8.”
    My in-laws (originally from the mid-west) love him. He's gonna connect with a lot of people.

Who would have guessed that military vets and families don't like or accept Trump and Vance's attacks on Walz's military service.

==============
    WASHINGTON — More than 1,000 veterans and military family members have signed an open letter saying they are "appalled at Donald Trump and JD Vance’s politically motivated attacks" on the military service of Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Walz.

The letter, circulated with help from the left-leaning veterans advocacy group VoteVets, comes as Walz's 24-year record in the Army National Guard has become a target of the Trump campaign. Vance, Trump's running-mate, a U.S. senator from Ohio and also a fellow veteran, has attacked Walz's 2005 retirement from the military prior to his battalion's deployment to Iraq.

"JD Vance’s recent comments attacking Governor Walz’s service record are disrespectful and deeply disappointing, especially given Vance’s own service − which we are also profoundly grateful for," the letter, obtained by USA TODAY, reads. "But given Donald Trump’s long record of expressing disdain for service members, veterans, and their families, it’s unsurprising that his running mate has stooped to such lows."
    ===============

This article from the Boston Herald should be the last word on the smears about Walz retiring from the NG. Emphasis is mostly mine - using italics since the original article had some bold type.

“Minnesota National Guard’s 1st Battalion, 125th Field Artillery received an alert order for mobilization to Iraq on July 14, 2005. The official Department of the Army mobilization order was received on August 14, 2005,” Rossman said.

The unit mobilized on October 12 — nearly five months after Walz left the service — and deployed in late March of the 2006 after training in Camp Shelby, Mississippi, according to Rossman. That’s a full 10 months after Walz reentered civilian life.

Any assertions that Walz’s unit was warned of a possible deployment ahead of the July 14 mobilization order is questionable, according to DoD officials, as they amount to little more than repeated and misplaced barracks rumors.

First of all, almost every unit and member of the U.S. Military is subject to potential deployment at some point in the future and trains constantly toward that inevitability. Second, the U.S. Army’s current practice of officially notifying a unit ahead of an upcoming deployment via a “Notification of Sourcing” wasn’t implemented until 2009. Back in 2005, any unofficial hint a unit might mobilize that made its way out of the Department of the Army Headquarters would be considered unofficial and subject to change pending actual mobilization orders.

Additionally, according to MNG Joint Chief of Staff Col. Scott Rohweder, in order for Walz to retire, he would have had to clear his plans through his unit commander. There is no indication Walz’s commanding officer acted to prevent or stall his request to retire.”

About the smear on his rank, per the MN National Guard:

“Further allegations Walz is misrepresenting his rank are also unfounded, according to the MNG. Walz was indeed wearing a Command Sgt. Major’s stripes on the day he officially took off his uniform for the last time, but since he was unable to complete the 750 hours of coursework required to meet the conditions of Army Regulation 600-8-19 before he retired, he can’t be paid that rank’s retirement rate.

“He retired as a master sergeant in 2005 for benefit purposes because he did not complete additional coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy,” Augé said.”

It’s beyond obvious by now that various service members who are MAGA have been mobilized to lie about Walz for political purposes. It’s a tactic that the guy running the Trump campaign did before, almost exactly. It’s a dirty trick, something a worm of a person would do.

Normal people and vets are seeing right through this smear campaign. MAGA cultists are amplifying it at the expense of their own integrity and honor, if they ever had any.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom