/* */

Harris VP watch (10 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone who served knew plenty of people who would put in to retire a little earlier than planned rather than deploy. Not even clear that’s what happened here.

Most of the people I knew didn’t really have a problem with it. The ones that did tended to be upset that they didn’t have an easy out.

We had more than one person “beat up their wives” enough to justify having the police called the night before they were supposed to leave hoping pending criminal charges would prevent them from leaving. Unfortunately for them, the local DA was in our unit and would drop the charges.

Anyone who served knew plenty of people who would put in to retire a little earlier than planned rather than deploy. Not even clear that’s what happened here.

Most of the people I knew didn’t really have a problem with it. The ones that did tended to be upset that they didn’t have an easy out.

We had more than one person “beat up their wives” enough to justify having the police called the night before they were supposed to leave hoping pending criminal charges would prevent them from leaving. Unfortunately for them, the local DA was in our unit and would drop the charges.
    One of the vets I quoted made the point that if the NG had a problem with him retiring when he did, they could have not approved it. But the unit was fully staffed and they approved the retirement.

Here's an old video of a veteran confronting Walz's campaign over him misleading people by claiming he served in Afghanistan

The Minnesota National Guard confirmed Wednesday that Gov. Tim Walz, Kamala Harris' vice presidential running mate, was demoted and did not retire as a command sergeant major like he has claimed for years, including on his official gubernatorial biography.

While Walz temporarily held the title of command sergeant major he "retired as a master sergeant in 2005 for benefit purposes because he did not complete additional coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy," Army Lt. Col. Kristen Augé, the Minnesota National Guard’s State Public Affairs Officer, told Just the News.

As usual, you're wrong. Walz did serve in SUPPORT of Enduring Freedom. That doesn't mean he was in combat. The hack in that video misinterprets a picture that said he served in Support to mean he was in combat. He didn't say he was in combat in the picture.

Also, Walz did achieve the rank of Command Sergeant Major, and only retired as a Master Sergeant for benefits purposes, because he didn't finish a course. He wasn't demoted.

I think the draft dodger ticket should keep on harping on this. It only serves to highlight how Trump skirted his responsibilities by claiming bone spurs, that seemingly have miraculously disappeared. It is a fantastic topic for the Harris/Walz ticket. I hope they keep nit-picking Walz' honorable service, so all of the horrible insults that Trump has cast towards veterans bubble to surface for everyone to be reminded about again. I'm sure independents will know who the good team is with respect to honorable service.

It's actually disgusting that the people supporting Captain Bone Spurs are trying to to smear Walz with dishonest, bad faith attacks on his service. JD Vance served in the Marines... in an office. Same as I did in the Army. Just stop with this stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom