/* */

Harris VP watch (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

There is a difference between supporting Operation Enduring Freedom and being a Operation Enduring Freedom veteran with the latter meaning you served in Afghanistan.

Tim Walz on August 10, 2018: “I’m a retired sergeant major.” He didn't retire as a sergeant major as the article I posted above shows.

He obviously served and should be respected for his service, but why does he feel the need to embellish his record? To help him politically?
    Deployed makes you a veteran whether in a war zone or not. Are you saying all the military that were stateside during WW2 were not veterans. he didn’t say combat veteran. The attacks are twisting meanings to make it seem like he said things he didn’t. Everything he said is true and it is intentional deception by the attackers to make it out as something else.
    His benefits are a financial pay out, not the rank he retired as. The national guard said he is able to say he is a retired Sgt Major. Do you know more than the National Guard. The guy who said it he wouldn’t even vote for Walz but that doesn’t take away from him being honest about what he is allowed to say.

so now Walz is held responsible because a journo mistakenly typed Iraq for Italy?

my goodness, yall trying too hard.
    He made that "mistake" 3 separate times and also Walz endorsed a book that said he served in Afghanistan eventhough he didn't.

I feel dirty posting something from the Daily Beast:

There is a difference between supporting Operation Enduring Freedom and being a Operation Enduring Freedom veteran with the latter meaning you served in Afghanistan.

Tim Walz on August 10, 2018: “I’m a retired sergeant major.” He didn't retire as a sergeant major as the article I posted above shows.

He obviously served and should be respected for his service, but why does he feel the need to embellish his record? To help him politically?
    The Minnesota NG guard says that is his rank so your article is trash.

And no, it does not mean you served in Afghanistan to be called a veteran. It means you were deployed in support of the war.

My father flew KC-135's. During Vietnam he was based in Laos and refueled bombers over the ocean. He never stepped foot in Vietnam.

But he is a Vietnam veteran. With the boards to prove it.

Military and their families understand that only idiots and cowards think that those in the hot zone are the only ones who are veterans of a war.

It is sickening that people who never served talk this way about soldiers.

Your guy lied to get out of military duty because he is a coward. He is the living embodiment of the person Fortunate Son was written about.

This is desperation and you reek of it.

Last edited:
    Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Walz knew his National Guard battalion was being eyed for a likely deployment to Iraq when he decided to retire, the Washington Free Beacon has learned.

Walz said he had a "responsibility" to "serve if called on," shortly before he dropped out of the Guard, an archived campaign statement shows. That statement eliminates any doubt over whether Walz knew an Iraq deployment was on the table when he decided to leave the service. A source who served in the Minnesota National Guard at the time previously told the Free Beacon that the timing of Walz’s retirement "left a bad taste in a lot of peoples’ mouths."

"As Command Sergeant Major, I have a responsibility not only to ready my battalion for Iraq, but also to serve if called on," Walz said in a campaign statement on March 20, 2005. Just three days prior, the National Guard Public Affairs Office announced that at least part of his battalion could be shipped overseas to the Middle East in the next two years.

Walz left the National Guard that May. Two months later, his battalion was put on notice that they would be deploying to Iraq.

CNN reported on Wednesday that Walz’s National Guard unit only received notice of the deployment in July, two months after he retired. But the campaign statement shows that Walz knew that an Iraq deployment was at least on the table. The two reporters who wrote that piece, Haley Britzky and Jeremy Herb, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Here is the Walz campaign statement:

Got'em! Next, you're going to show us that he had 2yrs left on his "enlistment" when he quit!

Nvmd the fact that he was eligible to retire at any time after 20yrs of service. I'm not going to pretend to know how long the retirement process takes for "Weekend Warriors" but for the Regular Services, you can "drop" your papers 1 year prior to your desired retirement date but no later than 180 days.

So, if his retirement date was in May '05 and if the weekend warrior process matches the regular service's, he likely dropped his papers long before that March '05 statement. Either way, he served Honorably and deserved to retire at any point past his 20 years of service.

It's just stupid that we are even having this debate about a Weekend Warrior's "service" record based off of another Weekend Warrior's uniformed feelings.

Last edited:
    The Minnesota NG guard says that is his rank so your article is trash.

And no, it does not mean you served in Afghanistan to be called a veteran. It means you were deployed in support of the war.

My father flew KC-135's. During Vietnam he was based in Laos and refueled bombers over the ocean. He never stepped foot in Vietnam.

But he is a Vietnam veteran. With the boards to prove it.

Military and their families understand that only idiots and cowards think that those in the hot zone are the only ones who are veterans of a war.

It is sickening that people who never served talk this way about soldiers.

You're guy lied to get out of military duty because he is a coward. He is literally the person Fortunate Son was written about.

This is desperation and you reek of it.

as a US ARMY veteran im starting to get to a point with @SaintForLife where im going to have to disengage.

This attack on Walz is making my blood boil

especially from someone who NEVER put on the uniform of ANY branch of service.

as a US ARMY veteran im starting to get to a point with @SaintForLife where im going to have to disengage.

This attack on Walz is making my blood boil

especially from someone who NEVER put on the uniform of ANY branch of service.
    Thank you and all of our veterans on here for their service.

If it wasn't for your sacrifices we all wouldn't be able to birch about the government in here in the first place

My sister has some friends (actually HAD because they aren't friends anymore) who, for the 25 years i've known them (they are married), always talk about their past military service. He was in the Army and she was in the Marines. The husband always joked about not pissing off his "red headed ex Marine wife".. a few years ago she was my sister mentioned her and i said something about her being in the Marines. My sister said while she was technically in the Marines, she went AWOL after she had been in less than 6 months, and was discharged ( i would assume dishonorably). Now i get it, the military isn't for everyone, and i have no judgement against her for what she did. BUT for her husband and her to claim that she is an ex Marine is just terrible. And i gaurantee you 100% that she has said lots of terrible things about Walz concerning his service because they are true MAGAs (plus they took up for Trump when he was talking bad about McCain's service)....

I seem to recall someone (think it was a local politician) getting a lot of pushback a few years ago for always referring to himself as a Vietnam veteran

Turns out that, yes, he was in the military at the time but was never in Vietnam and at best he should have called himself a Vietnam Era Veteran

Complete BS - according to the MN National Guard Walz put in his retirement papers 2 months before the orders for his unit to be deployed. He had decided to run for Congress.

This smear is low - even for you SFL. You are smearing a man who served, and served admirably for 23-24 years before taking retirement.

The nit-picking about his statements are in completely bad faith. IIRC his quote was he “carried a gun during time of war” - not that he saw combat. He did have one deployment to Italy and he has never claimed otherwise.

All they have left is smears and lies.....it's been kind of fun smelling the reek of desperation.....bottom of the barrel stuff.....may they wallow in it.....because it's not going to help them....

Lots of posts like these. Veterans, at least the ones who aren’t in the cult, are offended by
    Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Walz knew his National Guard battalion was being eyed for a likely deployment to Iraq when he decided to retire, the Washington Free Beacon has learned.

Walz said he had a "responsibility" to "serve if called on," shortly before he dropped out of the Guard, an archived campaign statement shows. That statement eliminates any doubt over whether Walz knew an Iraq deployment was on the table when he decided to leave the service. A source who served in the Minnesota National Guard at the time previously told the Free Beacon that the timing of Walz’s retirement "left a bad taste in a lot of peoples’ mouths."

"As Command Sergeant Major, I have a responsibility not only to ready my battalion for Iraq, but also to serve if called on," Walz said in a campaign statement on March 20, 2005. Just three days prior, the National Guard Public Affairs Office announced that at least part of his battalion could be shipped overseas to the Middle East in the next two years.

Walz left the National Guard that May. Two months later, his battalion was put on notice that they would be deploying to Iraq.

CNN reported on Wednesday that Walz’s National Guard unit only received notice of the deployment in July, two months after he retired. But the campaign statement shows that Walz knew that an Iraq deployment was at least on the table. The two reporters who wrote that piece, Haley Britzky and Jeremy Herb, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Here is the Walz campaign statement:

you realize this is all old news from years and years ago, right? It was nothing then and it’s less than nothing today. The dates are clear - he retired months before his unit was notified it would be deployed.

He re-upped after he put in his twenty years because of 9/11.

He sustained serious hearing damage from all the artillery he was around, and was almost discharged over it, but finally had an operation that restored his hearing enough that he could stay in.

Once he decided to run for Congress - he felt he had to retire because he opposed the war and wanted to be able to speak freely about his opposition. I thought you were anti-war?

The fact that you and other MAGA worms would push this garbage just shows you have zero ethics or morals. You have just lost yourself, SFL, if there was ever any integrity there. All over someone who couldn’t possibly care less about you or anyone else on earth. What a waste.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom