Harris VP watch (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Here's an old video of a veteran confronting Walz's campaign over him misleading people by claiming he served in Afghanistan

The Minnesota National Guard confirmed Wednesday that Gov. Tim Walz, Kamala Harris' vice presidential running mate, was demoted and did not retire as a command sergeant major like he has claimed for years, including on his official gubernatorial biography.

While Walz temporarily held the title of command sergeant major he "retired as a master sergeant in 2005 for benefit purposes because he did not complete additional coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy," Army Lt. Col. Kristen Augé, the Minnesota National Guard’s State Public Affairs Officer, told Just the News.

Seriously. You are going this route when Trump got out of the Vietnam War for bone spurs. I remember the same bull with Kerry who had 3 Purple Hearts.
    You can argue Walz’s policy or what he did as a congressman and governor but to complain he bailed on his unit is real low. You can’t just retire on a whim, it takes months. He was running for congress why would he stay in?
    I don't remember Trump misrepresenting his military record(he didnt have one) like Walz.

So if JD Vance embellished his military record and made claims that weren't accurate would you all bring that up? Of course you would.

Probably already posted, but Walz ability to change his stance on certain issues and have humility is really refreshing, and gives me some hope that he and Harris will be able to challenge the status quo on many issues plaguing this nation like gun violence. His daughter challenged him to take a stand against the NRA after the Parkland massacres, and he did.

Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Walz knew his National Guard battalion was being eyed for a likely deployment to Iraq when he decided to retire, the Washington Free Beacon has learned.

Walz said he had a "responsibility" to "serve if called on," shortly before he dropped out of the Guard, an archived campaign statement shows. That statement eliminates any doubt over whether Walz knew an Iraq deployment was on the table when he decided to leave the service. A source who served in the Minnesota National Guard at the time previously told the Free Beacon that the timing of Walz’s retirement "left a bad taste in a lot of peoples’ mouths."

"As Command Sergeant Major, I have a responsibility not only to ready my battalion for Iraq, but also to serve if called on," Walz said in a campaign statement on March 20, 2005. Just three days prior, the National Guard Public Affairs Office announced that at least part of his battalion could be shipped overseas to the Middle East in the next two years.

Walz left the National Guard that May. Two months later, his battalion was put on notice that they would be deploying to Iraq.

CNN reported on Wednesday that Walz’s National Guard unit only received notice of the deployment in July, two months after he retired. But the campaign statement shows that Walz knew that an Iraq deployment was at least on the table. The two reporters who wrote that piece, Haley Britzky and Jeremy Herb, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Here is the Walz campaign statement:

He didn't serve in Afghanistan or in any war zones so his statement isn't accurate

That stolen valor attack isn't working like y'all hoped it would. Lol.

1723129677098.png

He didn't serve in Afghanistan or in any war zones so his statement isn't accurate

FYI, he did support Operation Enduring freedom. He was deployed to Italy in support of operations. It doesn’t say Afghanistan vet like you inferred.
    Screen shot from Wikipedia, but it is sourced as denoted below.

1723129571559.png

Also, retirement benefits don’t mean he wasn’t a rank. I am going to assume you have never served or you would understand how military benefits work. Lots of other red tape. I missed my time in service by 2 months so I can’t get certain benefits. Doesn’t change the fact I was a corporal in the Marines Corps.

I don't remember Trump misrepresenting his military record(he didnt have one) like Walz.

So if JD Vance embellished his military record and made claims that weren't accurate would you all bring that up? Of course you would.

Vance is kind of just an all around disaster of a pick for Republicans. He’s not charismatic or a captivating speaker. He doesn’t come off as likable. He’s not cunning or original. He thinks his running mate is “reprehensible” and “America’s Hitler”.

Pence at least came across as an authority figure I’m sure to a lot of people. Vance just seems like a sad, soured bearded guy with a bland personality. It’s like Walz said (paraphrasing) “ever notice these guys never smile”? 🤔

Guy is going to get eaten alive if he debates.

FYI, he did support Operation Enduring freedom. He was deployed to Italy in support of operations. It doesn’t say Afghanistan vet like you inferred.

1723129571559.png

Also, retirement benefits don’t mean he wasn’t a rank. I am going to assume you have never served or you would understand how military benefits work. Lots of other red tape. I missed my time in service by 2 months so I can’t get certain benefits. Doesn’t change the fact I was a corporal in the Marines Corps.
    c'mon, you don't expect real facts to triumpth over their Alternative Facts do you?

Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Walz knew his National Guard battalion was being eyed for a likely deployment to Iraq when he decided to retire, the Washington Free Beacon has learned.

Walz said he had a "responsibility" to "serve if called on," shortly before he dropped out of the Guard, an archived campaign statement shows. That statement eliminates any doubt over whether Walz knew an Iraq deployment was on the table when he decided to leave the service. A source who served in the Minnesota National Guard at the time previously told the Free Beacon that the timing of Walz’s retirement "left a bad taste in a lot of peoples’ mouths."

"As Command Sergeant Major, I have a responsibility not only to ready my battalion for Iraq, but also to serve if called on," Walz said in a campaign statement on March 20, 2005. Just three days prior, the National Guard Public Affairs Office announced that at least part of his battalion could be shipped overseas to the Middle East in the next two years.

Walz left the National Guard that May. Two months later, his battalion was put on notice that they would be deploying to Iraq.

CNN reported on Wednesday that Walz’s National Guard unit only received notice of the deployment in July, two months after he retired. But the campaign statement shows that Walz knew that an Iraq deployment was at least on the table. The two reporters who wrote that piece, Haley Britzky and Jeremy Herb, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Here is the Walz campaign statement:

i swear that its now a campaign for Trump/Vance and the GOP to see just how many people they can alienate from voting for them.

They are on a TEAR these last 10 days.

By November, yall MIGHT just get 35% of the popular vote in this election

i say keep on keepin on.

This is the absolute worst strategy ive ever seen

1723129571559.png

There is a difference between supporting Operation Enduring Freedom and being a Operation Enduring Freedom veteran with the latter meaning you served in Afghanistan.

Tim Walz on August 10, 2018: “I’m a retired sergeant major.” He didn't retire as a sergeant major as the article I posted above shows.

He obviously served and should be respected for his service, but why does he feel the need to embellish his record? To help him politically?

There is a difference between supporting Operation Enduring Freedom and being a Operation Enduring Freedom veteran with the latter meaning you served in Afghanistan.

Tim Walz on August 10, 2018: “I’m a retired sergeant major.” He didn't retire as a sergeant major as the article I posted above shows.

He obviously served and should be respected for his service, but why does he feel the need to embellish his record? To help him politically?
    what if he said no one knows more aout being a sergaent major than me, i was the best sergaent major in the military, i was often told i was the best sergaent major ever?

Thats for you to decide.

But to everyone else, this incessant whining about a man who spent 25 years in service to his country LOOKS and SOUNDS EXACTLY like a campaign strategy to discredit an opponent that is going to end very badly for those who chose this route.

Having myself served for 8 years, i dont care WHAT he said in regards to his service- him being in Afghanistan or not, even if he said he was but wasnt means less to me than the fact that at ANY POINT in those 25 years, he COULD have been activated and SHIPPED OUT to ANY conflict had command deemed it.

Did you serve? i didnt think so

Why wouldn't he just stand behind his actual military record instead of embellishing it? It's has to be to help him politically right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom