Guns seized (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lazybones

Reaction score

The police were called on the people who were protecting their property from people who broke into their neighborhood protesting the police. Who needs to repeal the 2nd amendment when you have rogue Da’s to do the work for you.

they don’t get seized in scenarios like this. And die what it’s worth. I’m not outraged. I think it’s comical. Here are two white liberals turning on the “cause” when the “cause” showed up to their door.

Then the Da, who is allowing riots and looting of neighborhoods and business, does not address the people who illegally broke down a gate ti a private community. No no, she puts a warrant for the people defending their property form the criminals.

all the while a group of people claiming “defund the police” is a mere way of saying the police don’t need to be involved in petty matters, JUSTIFIES using the police to arrest and take the fire arms of the guilty white liberals.

this to me is comical. I am so glad I live in the sticks.

Why do you keep calling the McCloskey's "white liberals"?

So, how do you classify them as liberals? Hint, they aren’t.

nobody broke a gate, it wasn’t damaged until after they started hysterically pointing guns at people who were walking by.

They over reacted, and brought the investigation on themselves, IMO. Read up on them, they have pissed off nearly everyone in their neighborhood by now ever since they moved into it.

This isn’t outrage worthy.
    All of this might be true. These people might be aholes and really bad neighbors but when the government can come in and take your right of self defense away based on what might be just political virtue signaling, it kind of is outrage worthy in my opinion anyway.

But was the gun actually seized, or just taken as part of the investigation? I imagine it’s the latter, but I’m at work and can’t read the article. They may return it after the investigation runs its course, no?

I think the article doesn't give a lot of context because right now, there is no context other than a political activist is a DA and stuff....
    Were the weapons used? Is brandishing a weapon using the weapon? Honestly don't know.

What I do know is that they will win in court and they will sue the city and county and state and will probably be able to buy the whole private street they live on and put up a fence that can't be taken down by rioters.

What grounds do they have to sue the city, county, and/or state?

They’re not going to go through anything with the governor and the mayor and Trump already speaking up about it. They probably will sue everyone though. That’s their style.

just remember this when you say people get treated all the same. If this were a poor person (especially a poor black person), they’d probably already be behind bars, rather than having everyone and their brother commenting about it.

Farb, I remember someone saying MO has a law against “brandishing” a firearm. I know I saw comments at the time that what he was doing was illegal. 🤷🏼‍♀️

They’re not going to go through anything with the governor and the mayor and Trump already speaking up about it. They probably will sue everyone though. That’s their style.

just remember this when you say people get treated all the same. If this were a poor person (especially a poor black person), they’d probably already be behind bars, rather than having everyone and their brother commenting about it.

Farb, I remember someone saying MO has a law against “brandishing” a firearm. I know I saw comments at the time that what he was doing was illegal. 🤷🏼‍♀️

plenty of laws for vandalism, breaking and entering etc.....yet she chose to pursue this couple.

Do you think the police would have seized the gun of a poor black man defending his home from a mob of angry whites supremacists that were marching down the street to protest at a neighbors house? I sure as hell hope not. And for sure not in the political climate, and that is why everyone should be concerned about governmental over reach for the sake of partisan politics.
    This has the feeling of partisan politics all over it.

To answer the other question I’ve never met someone who supported Obama, is a personal injury plaintiff attorney who vocally supports BLM.....be a conservative. I know his donation to trump has some of you thinking otherwise, but Trump has never been a conservative and his opposition was Hillary.

Once again, guns are seized everyday all over the nation during investigations of crimes even weapons of those acting in self defense. Every, single, day. I'm not saying I agree with that policy, but it is normal and routine. What really sucks is how hard police make getting your weapon back once the investigation is over.

Once again, guns are seized everyday all over the nation during investigations of crimes even weapons of those acting in self defense. Every, single, day. I'm not saying I agree with that policy, but it is normal and routine. What really sucks is how hard police make getting your weapon back once the investigation is over.

I think the point is, why go after these people, in the current climate of defund the police and proponents of blm protest.

Do you think the police would have seized the gun of a poor black man defending his home from a mob of angry whites supremacists that were marching down the street to protest at a neighbors house? I sure as hell hope not. And for sure not in the political climate, and that is why everyone should be concerned about governmental over reach for the sake of partisan politics.

yes, I think if a black home owner had behaved in a threatening manner toward people who were walking down the street he would have probably had the cops called on him immediately. Gun seizure would probably be the least of his worries, tbh.

Then I guess we really disagree on what the definition of 'walking down the street'

Do you think it would have ended well for the "poor black man" s wife who was actively pointing her weapon AT individuals in the group?

The husband, from all that ive seen, stood on his patio, in a defensive posture.

His wife, walked out into the yard TOWARD protesters, POINTING her weapon directly at individuals while issuing threats.

If you dont see that as an issue, then im not sure what to tell you.

I think the point is, why go after these people, in the current climate of defund the police and proponents of blm protest.

Because law and order?

You dont get to actively harass protesters with a handgun while issuing threats. Thats illegal in any state and claiming "self defense" is a cop out.

Had she simply stood on her porch like her husband, stoic and in defense, this would be a non issue. She CHOSE to walk toward protesters to antagonize and threaten while pointing a loaded weapon at them.

Choices people make have consequences.

To answer the other question I’ve never met someone who supported Obama, is a personal injury plaintiff attorney who vocally supports BLM.....be a conservative. I know his donation to trump has some of you thinking otherwise, but Trump has never been a conservative and his opposition was Hillary.

The guy's entire political contribution history is exclusively to Republicans. He gave $7,400 during the 2016 presidential race, and it was all either to the RNC or a Trump affiliated group. Before that, he gave to Bush/Quayle in 1992 and a Republican candidate for congress as well as the National Republican Congressional Committee in 1996.

Please explain how this is an Obama supporter?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom