Guns seized (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lazybones

Reaction score

The police were called on the people who were protecting their property from people who broke into their neighborhood protesting the police. Who needs to repeal the 2nd amendment when you have rogue Da’s to do the work for you.

Interesting. So I would assume they would have to pay for emergency services separately from property taxes? And wastewater? Seems like an awful lot of hassle to keep non white people out.

Interesting. So I would assume they would have to pay for emergency services separately from property taxes? And wastewater? Seems like an awful lot of hassle to keep non white people out.
    Why would they have to pay for emergency services separately? Can ambulances or fire engines not enter a person's driveway or yard?

And I am not sure why you assume only white people live on private streets. I can assure you that is not the case.

So having a gate on ones property is the only way you can have an opinion on this matter?

Does it matter that there were 2 signs on the gate and at the gate that said private property and no trespassing?

You can have an opinion about anything you like, but you can't shoot someone for jumping over or breaking a gate. Trespassing is not punishable by death and brandishing a firearm is in most jurisdictions considered menacing which can be a felony.

Just because someone walks across your grass doesn't mean you can shoot them. Not even if they're black and scary in a private subdivision.

So having a gate on ones property is the only way you can have an opinion on this matter?

Does it matter that there were 2 signs on the gate and at the gate that said private property and no trespassing?

He said he would have fired a "warning shot at their feet..." as soon as they walked thru his gate...since he doesnt have a gate, his whole macho bluster is moot.

It wasnt an opinion he posted, it was an action of what HE would have done.

Let that bullet ricochet and hit a by-stander, and ask a resident attorney what happens next.

He routinely posted his opinion but tried to mask it in "fact"- and at every turn, it was dismantled. So he resorted to "wha i wuda don".

As to trespassing...i have no clue what the laws in that state are regarding "no trespassing" signs. Especially when it comes to demonstrations. So on the surface, over my years of experience w/ liability insurance, a no trespassing sign does very little.

Were the protestors on this couple's property or just in the common area of the subdivision?

If the protestors, or at least the protestor that the gun was pointed at (assuming a gun was pointed at anyone), were on the couple's property then it seems like a very weak case.
    If the person claiming assault was just in the common area then it seems less clear.

I am not sure, though, what the 1st Amendment right to protest has to do with it if this was a gated community. Roads are private, not public, in gated communities. There would be no right to protest there. So the question would be whether residents can legally brandish guns and assault someone who has illegally entered a subdivision's private, but common, area.

They were on the street and sidewalk. To my knowledge none of them were on the McCloskey's property and I don't think they've claimed that to be the case.

ST. LOUIS — The gun Patricia McCloskey waved at protesters was inoperable when it arrived at the St. Louis police crime lab, but a member of Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner's staff ordered crime lab experts to disassemble and reassemble it and wrote that it was “readily capable of lethal use” in charging documents filed Monday, 5 On Your Side has learned.

In Missouri, police and prosecutors must prove that a weapon is “readily” capable of lethal use when it is used in the type of crime with which the McCloskeys have been charged.
    Assistant Circuit Attorney Chris Hinckley ordered crime lab staff members to field strip the handgun and found it had been assembled incorrectly. Specifically, the firing pin spring was put in front of the firing pin, which was backward, and made the gun incapable of firing, according to documents obtained by 5 On Your Side.

I’m not sure what that proves. Does it prove anything?

I don't know, but I read they were charged with felony count of unlawful use of a weapon, and the republican governor is already pushing to have the charges dropped b/c he feels they were exercising their constitutional rights.

Guess who is running for the senate

McCloskey made the announcement on Tucker Carlson's show on Fox News. Earlier Tuesday, the Federal Election Commission's website showed “Mark McCloskey for Missouri” was registered, and a website, mccloskeyforsenate.com, was seeking campaign donations.

“God came knocking on my door last summer disguised as an angry mob,” McCloskey told Carlson. “And it really did wake me up.”

You can have an opinion about anything you like, but you can't shoot someone for jumping over or breaking a gate. Trespassing is not punishable by death and brandishing a firearm is in most jurisdictions considered menacing which can be a felony.

Just because someone walks across your grass doesn't mean you can shoot them. Not even if they're black and scary in a private subdivision.
    Trespassing isn't punishable by death, but if you saw someone jumping over your fence into your backyard early in the morning like around 6:30 A.M. or even later in the morning, looking disheveled, dirty and unkempt, and scrounging for food, let's not fool ourselves here and be disingenuous by saying or assuming our first instinct, if we had guns in our homes to protect ourselves and our loved ones, we wouldn't consider going to get them to warn him/her off or maybe walk outside and confront this transcient trespassing in our backyard, and tell him in no uncertain terms, to GTFO. I think in scenarios like these, brandishing a gun in most jurisdictions won't get you fined, or be thrown in front a court and asked why you believed someone illegally trespassing in your backyard needed to be told to leave immediately while you pointed a gun at them is a felony, somehow and not self-defense. You can also tell them you called 911 too just in case some opportunistic public defender tries to use some clever "civil rights violations" argument or attacking stand-your-ground laws as unconstitutional shtick. The arriving officers who came upon the scene can testify to your account of this story and will confirm it.

Openly trespassing on someone's property and some jerk who lives in your neighborhood who may not like you walking on your grass and letting his German Shepherd shirt on it, then walk off in a hurry aren't comparable scenarios and one carries far more dangerous, frankly stupid, IMHO, unnecessary risks if undertaken that could lead to being shot at, attacked physically or arrested for well, trespassing or breaking and entering which also are felonies which carry considerable fines.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom