General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

• SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    So Trump was 3 hours late to his rally in Traverse City, MI last night because he did Rogan’s podcast. The rally was in an airport hanger, no heat, no chairs, concrete floor - at night in Michigan in late October. When he cares so little about his biggest fans, how can anyone think he will do anything for regular people as President? He cares nothing about anyone but himself.

Trump sticking with his absolutely batshit crazy idea to eliminate federal income tax and replace it with tariffs.

I said as much in September, as we got closer to the election, his rhetoric was going to ramp up.

Not hard to bet on that one. Desperation will do that.

So, what's a good way of determining accurate relevant information? And how do we as a society come to a decent agreement on what is true and relevant? Ie, some information that is true, but not particularly relevant, is often pushed ad nauseum.

There are several layers to that answer imo.

Personal desires, time, effort, comprehension ability and critical thought are all woven into the process. Some of that isn't even a conscious process (and if it isn't you have to be aware and recalibrate)

Problem for many is the time. No longer do folks want to invest the time to really figure out the truth, especially if it will contradict thier original belief. ( it's partly why Trump has such a core support - and it's the Art of the Con really )

I have spent the majority of my 30 years in insurance covering contractors. Their insurance is based on either gross sales or payroll and type of work. As you then can assume, the lower sales/payroll and benign the classification, the lower the cost. And many come in with this knowledge and I have to find the truth. And it takes time, effort and critical thinking. Once you formulate the process of learning how to get to the truth, it happens relatively quickly. But initially, it can take time.

Folks today look for the path of least resistance. We are bombarded with tech that makes investigating easy but there is SO MUCH INFO, that TIME and CRITICAL THINKING is required to sift/sort thru the info. And many, for different reasons ( bias, desires etc ) simply don't put forth the effort.

One aspect we would see on SR during draft... folks will post something about a player to be the first to "break the news" without even verifying or even investigating the veracity. They just want to be "first" in the event it's true.

How do we get back? I don't know that we ever do in the age of social media/tech coupled with individual desires. The info is overwhelming to many and it's just easier to go with what supports your thought and move on (path of least resistance).

It's a mess out there when it comes to information.

And finally ...trust. Trust that the source you get info from is bringing you the info unfiltered. There has been a concerted effort to erode that trust over time, and like any relationship, once trust is eroded, it's a very difficult thing to regain.

You sound like a bitter old man right now. She is VP, not president. Biden has done a lot to repair the US relations with most of the world. Israel is run by a man who is actively trying to elect Trump, so any loss in America’s influence with Israel is due to Trump’s influence. He said today he talks to Bibi nearly every day (but he’s a huge liar so who knows) and that he tells him to ignore Biden. Trump is the candidate (the un-American fascist candidate) your party put forward.

That you are blaming Biden for it speaks to your lack of knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of this situation.
    @MT15 ...VP Harris is allowed in the White House Situation Room. Former President Trump is not.
    Since some of you think that our government WAS in the loop re. this attack, then VP Harris chose to share a stage with Beyonce rather than be at Biden's side.
    That's NOT delirious @efil4
    That's what happened.

VP Harris is allowed in the situation room. Former President Trump is not.
    Since some of you think that our government was in the loop re. this attack, then VP Harris chose to share a stage with Beyonce rather than be at Biden's side.
    That's NOT delirious

There was no "situation room" because 1. The US was NOT involved in the operation and 2. Nor were they given a definitive operation time

So you can make up whatever explanation you want.

But when you are wrong, you are REALLY WRONG.

And when it comes to information, you are wrong more than right. And apparently ok with that because you keep coming back to show all of us just how little you research.

Will Harris still go on stage with Beyonce in an hour?
    Should Harris still go on stage with Beyonce in an hour?
    Interesting, you have telegraphed your choice with this comment.

What you've been on the fence about for the last several months has been all for naught. I'm going to shake my head now.

I haven't been visiting here lately, so I wanted to drop in and give a few thoughts.

I've turned very pessimistic about the outcome of the election. Personally, I think Trump will win, and possibly win big. It's impossible to explain.....as his rhetoric has only gotten worse. It's 1930's Germany all over again. Clearly, there are problems in this country that so many Americans can discount or ignore the pitfalls Trump possesses. Trump is telling people out loud that he wants to be a dictator and he will go after his opponents. People don't care.

The amount of African American support that he's getting is absolutely mind boggling. When he wins the Presidency, he will largely be able to thank black men for his victory. I can understand some folks being hesitant to "put a woman in charge", but to flip to the alternative that is almost openly racist??? Make it make sense.

I've never been a political person. Never discussed politics much, with anyone, until Trump. I was a 30 year Republican (now independent) but could not support Trump (not even in 2016, too many red flags). Now, I can't seem to shake the feeling this country will make the biggest mistake of its entire existence. Almost 100% of my circle of friends and family support Trump. Even solid, valid arguments why he's a danger do not move the needle. It feels like people's minds are under the control of aliens and I'm the only one left thinking sanely. I can't get through to anyone. Logic does not exist. Critical thinking has been replaced by conspiracy theories. It's the forking twilight zone!!!

A sense of dread has taken over for me. The only hope is millions and millions of women go to the polls and make the difference.

I am not as pessimistic. I think the votes of Girl Dads (of all stripes) will make a significant block, along with the messages of Taylor Swift, Beyonce, etc, pushing a new block out of apathy and towards the polls.

Best 10-second ad for the money, that needs to be made NOW: Trump saying "She's useless" in that tone of voice. How many women of how many generations have shut up or shut down because of that message? This is not what we want for our future.

I haven't been visiting here lately, so I wanted to drop in and give a few thoughts.

I've turned very pessimistic about the outcome of the election. Personally, I think Trump will win, and possibly win big. It's impossible to explain.....as his rhetoric has only gotten worse. It's 1930's Germany all over again. Clearly, there are problems in this country that so many Americans can discount or ignore the pitfalls Trump possesses. Trump is telling people out loud that he wants to be a dictator and he will go after his opponents. People don't care.

The amount of African American support that he's getting is absolutely mind boggling. When he wins the Presidency, he will largely be able to thank black men for his victory. I can understand some folks being hesitant to "put a woman in charge", but to flip to the alternative that is almost openly racist??? Make it make sense.

I've never been a political person. Never discussed politics much, with anyone, until Trump. I was a 30 year Republican (now independent) but could not support Trump (not even in 2016, too many red flags). Now, I can't seem to shake the feeling this country will make the biggest mistake of its entire existence. Almost 100% of my circle of friends and family support Trump. Even solid, valid arguments why he's a danger do not move the needle. It feels like people's minds are under the control of aliens and I'm the only one left thinking sanely. I can't get through to anyone. Logic does not exist. Critical thinking has been replaced by conspiracy theories. It's the forking twilight zone!!!

A sense of dread has taken over for me. The only hope is millions and millions of women go to the polls and make the difference.
    I agree with almost everything you posted with the exception being this:
    he will largely be able to thank black men for his victory.
    Nah, he will largely be able to thank white men for his victory! To say otherwise is to ignore the fact that while Harris has the support of +70% of black men, she only has the support of 35% of white men. Those white men should shoulder the responsibility instead of having their support of trump being glossed over.

I agree with almost everything you posted with the exception being this:

Nah, he will largely be able to thank white men for his victory! To say otherwise is to ignore the fact that while Harris has the support of +70% of black men, she only has the support of 35% of white men. Those white men should shoulder the responsibility instead of having their support of trump being glossed over.

White dudes have always been the conserative. The change in minority men is the big swing for Republicans this election.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom