General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
Reaction score
Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
I temper my inner feelings about this after looking at it for what's real ,and what's unreal.

That which is real is the effect Jeff Bezos has had on his papers non-endorsement. It's hitting super issue status, more people are noticing that Bezos efforts have turned against him, and many times much more is being made of this than their full endorsement would have ever had.

:) << smile when one can smile.

What is unreal is the idea that anyone who failed to read the editorial which was not published, has not heard about it more the way it has developed than it ever would had Bezos done nothing.

If Bezos had wanted to support Harris he couldn't have done it in a more effective way than the way he did what he did.

Sour Grapes>> I don't subscribe to the WP, so I can't cancel my subscription.
Exactly. By trying to bury the endorsement, Bezos and the Murdoch minion running the Washington Post have actually drawn more attention to the fact the staff of the Washington Post were ready to endorse and burying the endorsement has created more motivation to vote for Harris than if they just ran the endorsement. The same thing happened with the LA Times.

Is Bezos such a genius that he knew this was the most effective way to endorse Harris while also buying good will with Trump in case Trump wins? I highly doubt it. Just like with eLoon Musk, Bezos is not as smart as people think.

All Bezos, Musk, Soon-Shiong, Thiel, and their ilk are doing is showing us who we need to have a serious and stern word with if Harris wins.

Trump just explained his VP choice

Except that Trump didn't pick Vance, he picked Thiel's and Musk's bribe money and Trump's too much of a narcissist to realize that Leonard Leo, Thiel and Musk chose Vance to immediately replace Trump if Trump wins. Trump has no clue he's getting played buy Leonard Leo, Thiel and Musk as bad as Putin plays him. If Trump wins, he better avoid windows that are higher than the first floor.

Israel is lighting up Tehran and the US is no more involved than Panama or Bermuda. We are nobody special.
You sound like a bitter old man right now. She is VP, not president. Biden has done a lot to repair the US relations with most of the world. Israel is run by a man who is actively trying to elect Trump, so any loss in America’s influence with Israel is due to Trump’s influence. He said today he talks to Bibi nearly every day (but he’s a huge liar so who knows) and that he tells him to ignore Biden. Trump is the candidate (the un-American fascist candidate) your party put forward.

That you are blaming Biden for it speaks to your lack of knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of this situation.

In all honesty, this is a problem I've been thinking about a lot over the last few years -- it's the nature of truth, and does one derive knowledge in today's world. We've always been subject to data that's been pre-filtered by the various news sources -- it's just that there are now so many different filters and it's way more apparent now -- and it results in people living in completely different information bubbles (or misinformation bubbles in many cases).

So, what's a good way of determining accurate relevant information? And how do we as a society come to a decent agreement on what is true and relevant? Ie, some information that is true, but not particularly relevant, is often pushed ad nauseum.

In all honesty, this is a problem I've been thinking about a lot over the last few years -- it's the nature of truth, and does one derive knowledge in today's world. We've always been subject to data that's been pre-filtered by the various news sources -- it's just that there are now so many different filters and it's way more apparent now -- and it results in people living in completely different information bubbles (or misinformation bubbles in many cases).

So, what's a good way of determining accurate relevant information? And how do we as a society come to a decent agreement on what is true and relevant? Ie, some information that is true, but not particularly relevant, is often pushed ad nauseum.
I think the days of broad agreement may be over. There are so many more news sources now, there are multiple “narratives” out there. I try to compensate by ignoring anyone that I find to be blatantly ignoring facts. I curate my social media feeds aggressively. So if I see the blatant lies, it’s because someone I have found trustworthy has highlighted them - often in the process of debunking them. Even so, I find myself getting misinformation from time to time, but I usually figure it out (I think).

I also give more weight to certain media outlets, but even then I don’t necessarily believe them if I find other trusted news sources don’t corroborate. Mistakes are made, even by good media sources. And I try to stay open to revising my opinions as more information comes out.

I don’t want to give the impression that I think I have figured this out, lol. It’s an on-going project.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
Top Bottom