General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
Reaction score
Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:

go to 2:13- when Trump calls J6 a "day of love" and watch the dudes head lolol

WE - the people attempting and insurrection, destroying the Capitol and trying to decapitate the vice president as well as other members of congress.

THE OTHERS - the officers trying to defend the Capitol from his mob.

Is he talking about building sand castles?

Concrete lol.

And his knowledge about concrete is limited to "Sand and water" so he tries to crowbar that limited info into talk about "climate" as if he speaking about the ocean/beachfront

its an amazing gishgallop that 1st year salespersons do when they dont know too much about the product they sell. They use key words that make it sound legit, but then ruin it all with the "fluff" around those key words.

I know. I used to do it when i first started in insurance 32 years ago and wasnt fully educated on policy verbiage. Over time, it all became knowledge, but early on, i would "talk" as if i knew and i had NO IDEA.

I’m seeing quite a bit of analysis on the early data from PA. Per TargetSmart (a voting data site) comparing same-stage early voting demographics for PA using 2020, 2022, and 2024 show the gap favoring women continues to rise (share of enrolled women returning votes is higher and growing compared to men which is flat), voting by black women is surging, and independents returning votes is higher. Democrat candidates won PA in 2020 and 2022 - and outperformed polls, particularly in 2022.

This bodes very well for Harris in Pennsylvania - a key swing state.

I’m seeing quite a bit of analysis on the early data from PA. Per TargetSmart (a voting data site) comparing same-stage early voting demographics for PA using 2020, 2022, and 2024 show the gap favoring women continues to rise (share of enrolled women returning votes is higher and growing compared to men which is flat), voting by black women is surging, and independents returning votes is higher. Democrat candidates won PA in 2020 and 2022 - and outperformed polls, particularly in 2022.

This bodes very well for Harris in Pennsylvania - a key swing state.
i love the delusion the right has that Trump has secured Pennsylvania because it has swung highly in his favor . But i am glad they are thinking that, because that could possibly cause some of them to stay home..
All Russian Bots on Tik Tok are posting those polls where it shows Trump with like 70% and the comments from the MAGAs are they all believe it. let them live in their delusional world and lose the election.

So why don’t you summarize the points you think are valid for us?

Also, to be honest, we have one party that has completely abandoned law and order and our system of government in service to a wannabe dictator. So I’m not super concerned with what the Democrats might be criticized over right now. At least they are functional and support our system of government
I read the article again.
I can't find anything I disagree with.

I read the article again.
I can't find anything I disagree with.

you agree that America is headed in the wrong direction?

"And if Trump could enact a few decent conservative policies while in office, thanks to a GOP majority in the Senate, it would be a massive improvement to the past four years. A few policy changes might steer America back in the right direction."

"And if Trump could enact a few decent conservative policies while in office, thanks to a GOP majority in the Senate, it would be a massive improvement to the past four years. A few policy changes might steer America back in the right direction."
Wrong direction you say? [Not you saying said..more rhetoric]

This is the crazy disconnect on the right, isn’t it? We have a booming job market, inflation between 2-3%, the stock market is setting records, OPEC’s stranglehold on oil prices is gone, domestic manufacturing is growing, energy production has never been higher, wages have outpaced inflation for about a year, at least. Yet, they believe an orange turd who says America is in terrible shape.

And the delusional right thinks migrants have “invaded” and are eating their pets, so the country is going to hell. This country was never as strong as it is right now under Trump, even if you discount the botched pandemic response. And if he gets into power again he’s going to send us straight into a recession with his absolutely batshit crazy tariff scheme.

They make zero sense.

This is the crazy disconnect on the right, isn’t it? We have a booming job market, inflation between 2-3%, the stock market is setting records, OPEC’s stranglehold on oil prices is gone, domestic manufacturing is growing, energy production has never been higher, wages have outpaced inflation for about a year, at least. Yet, they believe an orange turd who says America is in terrible shape.

And the delusional right thinks migrants have “invaded” and are eating their pets, so the country is going to hell. This country was never as strong as it is right now under Trump, even if you discount the botched pandemic response. And if he gets into power again he’s going to send us straight into a recession with his absolutely batshit crazy tariff scheme.

They make zero sense.

A lot of people's real issue is housing, I honeslty hate Kamala's solution for that. We need to ban airbnb, vrbo, etc. SFH ownership needs to be limited to 3 for everyone. Private equity should receive massive tax breaks for new MDU construction in the area's with the hottest housing markets.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure the latest inflation numbered ticked by up slightly. If you take out housing, inflation is %1.

What is weird about this? Somone is amplifying this issue. It's only existed for 20+ years. It didn't started under Biden.

A lot of people's real issue is housing, I honeslty hate Kamala's solution for that. We need to ban airbnb, vrbo, etc. SFH ownership needs to be limited to 3 for everyone. Private equity should receive massive tax breaks for new MDU construction in the area's with the hottest housing markets.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure the latest inflation numbered ticked by up slightly. If you take out housing, inflation is %1.

What is weird about this? Somone is amplifying this issue. It's only existed for 20+ years. It didn't started under Biden.

No it didnt...but COVID made this issue even worse. It strangled supply chains, which led to more demand/less supply of homes, inflating home prices to levels that still have yet to adjust

There is a home, just across the way from my office- 1360sq ft 3bd/2bath- built in 2015 for $125/sq ft- that has been owned by an LLC for last 5 years and rented at $2200/mo- now up for sale ( i guess renters had enough paying 2x the nominal rate and cant find anyone to rent it since Feb 2024 ).
They want $275,000. 202/sq ft.

This is a "Starter home" going for "next home" price. its 10 years old, carpet/tile - simple- nothing fancy and they think it has appreciated over 60% in 9 years?????

But then the other issue is starter home supply- it simply doesnt exist any longer. No one building 1300 sq ft homes for $200,000 or less locally because the land now costs 10x that it did 20 years ago- we running out of space. Which puts upward pressure on costs. So if a builder is going to pay $40,000 for a lot that cost $10,000 just 10 years ago, he aint building a 1300 sq ft home- he is going to maximize size and profit.

And thats not including what you posted about ( airbnb, ownership, etc ) that all continue to keep pricing above where it should be.

Good luck getting those AirBNB/VRBOs out the picture. Standard economists will tell you that the market will eventually whittle them down, but when you have to decide between $350/night at a hotel vs $300/night for a 2bd room condo in NYC ( own kitchen, home-like feel etc ), i dont know how you just end that ability for the consumer.

Shoot, we went to DC and did AirBNB and stayed in a "brownstone" on C st- i never knew what a "brownstone" was til then and it was quite cool to see skinny stairwell, ( like one person wide lol), low ceilings, etc ) and it was more convenient than a hotel that cost more.

Putting this here because Polymarket was mentioned earlier as proof that Trump is going to win this election. I have suspected this about Polymarket ever since I first found out about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
Top Bottom