General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (7 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    It would say more about The United States of America than it does its Democratic Party! The Republican Party chose to nominate this "uniquely horrible" candidate to represent their Party and if he should win, the voters of that Peice of work will be solely responsible. The Democratic Party's standards and vision are ALL within the ideals that are Founding Fathers laid out for us all.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

If trump wins, the Democratic Party will still be here to pick up pieces and get the country back on track...they have had plenty of practice doing so!

I think it would say something about the D's. It's long been my contention that they can't sell fire to Eskimos while the Repubs can sell 'em on chest freezers.

The Dems roll over and show their bellies WAY too often, when there are technically legal things they could do to stop the horrible things Republicans want to do. Right now, Biden could enlarge SCOTUS, he could have the Equal Rights Amendment ratified and dare anyone to do anything about it.

Were the places reversed, Republicans would absolutely try these things, no doubt in my mind. And the Dems would roll over for it.

I'm dead set against what the GOP has become, which makes me a Democrat by default but by Jesus it'd be nice to see them FIGHT for a change.

JD Vance just might be worse than Trump. He’s younger so he doesn’t have the history of crimes yet, but he is potentially more damaged as an individual and more capable of atrocities.

Where Trump just doesn’t care about anyone except himself, Vance truly wants to harm people. He wants to hurt people. Especially women and migrants.

The question is, and this is something we've all glossed over about Cheato, is whether or not Vance embraces incompetence like Cheato does.

Seriously, can you name any public figure, from an actor to a football coach who'd go out with the GODAWFUL makeup job Cheato does? And he does it every. single. day. It's not just slightly imperfect...whatever's going on with his face is wretched. I could do a better job and I'd do it by spitting tobacco juice on him. I'd get more even coverage, that's for damn sure.

Then you have the people he hires and tolerates. (Although it's true he seldom actually pays them) Can you imagine any CEO or any high-powered captain of business watching his head counsel literally melt on live TV without firing him within minutes? Yet there's 'ol Rudy, with his shoeblack flopsweat just coming completely unglued and Cheato's totally fine with it.

How about Rick Perry? He didn't know what the DOE even does when he was appointed as Secretary of Energy. To be fair, when he was informed that DOE tracks fissionable materials all over the globe, he decided maybe it shouldn't be disbanded after all, but still. He didn't know that super-critically important fact going in? Really?

Cheato values fawning servility way, way above competence and it's something we shouldn't overlook or downplay. In fact, it should be mentioned as often as possible.

Last edited:
    Listen we punted Joe Biden when it was clear he wasn't with it during the debate. I have no idea why the media didn't destroy Trump over that insane townhall. 40 minutes of swaying to music instead of answering questions?
    They’re afraid of him, or his cultish supporters. That’s the only thing I can figure out n

Listen we punted Joe Biden when it was clear he wasn't with it during the debate. I have no idea why the media didn't destroy Trump over that insane townhall. 40 minutes of swaying to music instead of answering questions?

I don't want to hear diddly about no liberal media. Biden loses his train of thought a couple times and the media goes into a near-constant freaking frenzy over it. Cheato's train never even leaves the station and he does something so completely bizarre and it's crickets.

He was right in saying the media is the enemy of the people, but not in the way he meant.

I think it would say something about the D's. It's long been my contention that they can't sell fire to Eskimos while the Repubs can sell 'em on chest freezers.
    I think that has more to do with the electorate. Democratic voters seem to demand more from their elected officials and those officials fail to convey how they are working to meet our needs. Republican voters seem to be satisfied with "red meat" soundbites.
    The Dems roll over and show their bellies WAY too often, when there are technically legal things they could do to stop the horrible things Republicans want to do. Right now, Biden could enlarge SCOTUS, he could have the Equal Rights Amendment ratified and dare anyone to do anything about it.

Were the places reversed, Republicans would absolutely try these things, no doubt in my mind. And the Dems would roll over for it.
    100% The D's are hyper-focused on maintaining normal governance and I truly applaud their efforts, but the R's have ceded their principles to the radical extremist of their Party and those extremist are not interested in any governance, they want control! The D's need to recognize that fact and retreat no further.

The president doesn't have the power to increase the number of seats on the Supreme Court and doesn't have the power to ratify an amendment to the constitution. Congress controls the number of seats on the Supreme Court and state legislators control ratifying amendments.

That's a level of cynicism that I don't think is grounded in reality. Democrats have not let Republicans get away with anything that was unconstitutional. There's nothing Democrats can do about the Supreme Court without having a solid majority in both the House and Senate.

Donald Trump Jr is leading an effort to compile a list of people who would be banned from serving in a second Trump administration, according to a report.

On the list are people connected to Project 2025, first-term staffers who resigned in protest after the Capitol riot on January 6, and those seen as lacking loyalty to former President Donald Trump, two ex-Trump officials told Politico.

The list is akin to the “enemies list” compiled by staffers in the administration of President Richard Nixon. It was a rundown of the Republican’s top political opponents put together by White House Counsel Charles Colson and written by special assistant to the president George Bell.

The list being compiled by the Trump transition team indicates that a second Trump administration is likely to eschew the establishment Republicans who, at times, thwarted Trump’s agenda during his first term.

The Trump team appears to be aiming to sidestep the turnover and leaking that occurred during the first stint.

Trump Jr, the honorary chair of the transition team, is in charge of putting together the list, an ex-Trump official told Politico.

“Clearly people working on Project 2025 are blacklisted,” another former official told the outlet.

But the project has the backing of more than 100 conservative organizations and it remains unclear if a possible Trump administration in the event of an election victory would be able to sustain the ban.…….

Interesting that this article is “what does that say about the Democratic Party?” and not “what does that say about the people voting for Donald Trump?”
    Yes but there are some points about the Democratic Party that are not normally mentioned here on the threads you and others participate in. I thought it might be useful to read what this author had to say.

Last edited:
    The president doesn't have the power to increase the number of seats on the Supreme Court and doesn't have the power to ratify an amendment to the constitution. Congress controls the number of seats on the Supreme Court and state legislators control ratifying amendments.

That's a level of cynicism that I don't think is grounded in reality. Democrats have not let Republicans get away with anything that was unconstitutional. There's nothing Democrats can do about the Supreme Court without having a solid majority in both the House and Senate.

The ERA has already been ratified by the requisite number of state legislatures. They just trickled in over a long time.

Yes but there are some points about the Democratic Party that are not normally mentioned here on the threads you and others participate in. I thought it might be useful to read what this author had to say.
    So why don’t you summarize the points you think are valid for us?

Also, to be honest, we have one party that has completely abandoned law and order and our system of government in service to a wannabe dictator. So I’m not super concerned with what the Democrats might be criticized over right now. At least they are functional and support our system of government

Donald Trump Jr is leading an effort to compile a list of people who would be banned from serving in a second Trump administration, according to a report.

On the list are people connected to Project 2025, first-term staffers who resigned in protest after the Capitol riot on January 6, and those seen as lacking loyalty to former President Donald Trump, two ex-Trump officials told Politico.

The list is akin to the “enemies list” compiled by staffers in the administration of President Richard Nixon. It was a rundown of the Republican’s top political opponents put together by White House Counsel Charles Colson and written by special assistant to the president George Bell.

The list being compiled by the Trump transition team indicates that a second Trump administration is likely to eschew the establishment Republicans who, at times, thwarted Trump’s agenda during his first term.

The Trump team appears to be aiming to sidestep the turnover and leaking that occurred during the first stint.

Trump Jr, the honorary chair of the transition team, is in charge of putting together the list, an ex-Trump official told Politico.

“Clearly people working on Project 2025 are blacklisted,” another former official told the outlet.

But the project has the backing of more than 100 conservative organizations and it remains unclear if a possible Trump administration in the event of an election victory would be able to sustain the ban.…….

Clearly that's a lie or they'd have to replace JD Vance as his running mate. This article is purely for political purposes of trying to disassociate with Project 2025, but that's their baby.

Clearly that's a lie or they'd have to replace JD Vance as his running mate. This article is purely for political purposes of trying to disassociate with Project 2025, but that's their baby.
    Yeah, transparent bullshirt. Trump just said a day or two ago he would absolutely put one of the main authors of Project 2025 into his cabinet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom