General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (7 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
Reaction score
Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
those dumb people really think schools are performing sex changes.. lol . my god, could you imagine being that dumb every day of your life?
The idiot Trump is talking about schools allowing students to change their gender identity without notifying the kids' parents. Of course he is too dumb to make the distinction.

Nope...and it has been going on for so long now it's not just a MAGA thing, like it or not, it has become the Republican brand.
And when MAGA is ousted and pushed back to the fringes where it belongs (god willing sooner rather than later) we can’t just let the rest of the GOP just shrug their shoulders and say “oh well, back to normal republican stuff”

We can never let them forget that they were willingly a part of this

And frankly probably shouldn’t let the people who voted MAGA forget it either

CHARLEROI, Pa. — Donald Trump was eager to tell a new horror story about this tiny Rust Belt borough where hundreds of Haitians arrived in recent years to fill factory jobs.

“Have you heard of it?” he asked, introducing a place that would become part of his anti-immigrant closing argument.

“The town is virtually bankrupt,” Trump continued at a recent rally. (It wasn’t.) “This flood of illegal aliens is also bringing massive crime,” he said. (They weren’t, and they have at least temporary authorization to live in the United States, town and factory officials said.) “Char-le-roi, what a beautiful name. But it’s not so beautiful now.”

The Republican presidential nominee had sketched a misleading caricature. But he also tapped into real tensions and a powerful anger in Charleroi and far beyond — stemming from a widespread conviction that America did too much for newcomers and not enough for citizens.

“I don’t believe everything he says, but I don’t think America has the resources to keep helping outside people,” said Charleroi resident Leighanna Girvin, 33.

“That’s why I’m going to vote for Trump,” she added — her first-ever vote for president…….

Still a 50-50 race but the betting odds have moved in Trump's favor over the past few days

1000000820.png

1000000822.png

Still a 50-50 race but the betting odds have moved in Trump's favor over the past few days

1000000820.png

1000000822.png

This is kind of what I'm talking about. We have a candidate who has been found liable for rape, he has been convicted of a felony, he's under multiple other indictments, he insults our veterans, he makes up wild and crazy stories, he's goes off on bizarre rants about windmills, his economic policies will cause inflation and drive up our debt, we have more and more Republican leaders endorsing Kamala Harris - and yet we see this (tied polls or even slightly in his favor).

It's crazy to me.

CHARLEROI, Pa. — Donald Trump was eager to tell a new horror story about this tiny Rust Belt borough where hundreds of Haitians arrived in recent years to fill factory jobs.

“Have you heard of it?” he asked, introducing a place that would become part of his anti-immigrant closing argument.

“The town is virtually bankrupt,” Trump continued at a recent rally. (It wasn’t.) “This flood of illegal aliens is also bringing massive crime,” he said. (They weren’t, and they have at least temporary authorization to live in the United States, town and factory officials said.) “Char-le-roi, what a beautiful name. But it’s not so beautiful now.”

The Republican presidential nominee had sketched a misleading caricature. But he also tapped into real tensions and a powerful anger in Charleroi and far beyond — stemming from a widespread conviction that America did too much for newcomers and not enough for citizens.

“I don’t believe everything he says, but I don’t think America has the resources to keep helping outside people,” said Charleroi resident Leighanna Girvin, 33.

“That’s why I’m going to vote for Trump,” she added — her first-ever vote for president…….

Leighanna, you were probably busy what with a pandemic and all, but Cheato already had a chance to do something for American citizens and the only thing he really did was manage to KILL A MILLION OF US.

This is kind of what I'm talking about. We have a candidate who has been found liable for rape, he has been convicted of a felony, he's under multiple other indictments, he insults our veterans, he makes up wild and crazy stories, he's goes off on bizarre rants about windmills, his economic policies will cause inflation and drive up our debt, we have more and more Republican leaders endorsing Kamala Harris - and yet we see this (tied polls or even slightly in his favor).

It's crazy to me.
Fox News really is milspec mind control.

1000000820.png

1000000822.png
Betting odds are based solely on how the money is being bet. The bookmaker's goal is to get the same amount of money on both sides of the bet, so they can take their cut and payout the winners with the losers's money. It's a very poor indication of how people will vote.

so from age 9-13, i would spend my 1 mo each summer at my grandparents ( dad side ). Early/mid 80s.

They lived in Stockdale PA- which is about 10 mi south of Charleroi.

What i can tell you is that when that Steel Mill closed ( literally next to Stockdale PA on the Monongahela River ) it threw that area back 80 years.

Shoot, Stockdale PA had like 500 residents. My nickname for local kids was "big city". lol.
My GPs had a small pizza place on the main entry street to town, and i remember working there, folding boxes, and if they did $200/day, that was a good day.

The folks there were just bitter. Resigned to their lives. Very little opportunity for youth ( outside sports ). When my grandad passed in 2003, i flew up and we stayed in Charleroi. It handt changed much ( other than no more Montgomery Ward ). But what struck me was that several kids i knew from my summers there, were still there. But living at home ( now in their late 30s/early 40s ) still. It was just how it had to be. It struck me just how "stuck" this area was - like time froze for them. The rest of the world was evolving, but they werent. And you could feel the bitterness.

Those same people are probably now at the forefront of this article. ( paywalled so i couldnt read ) But i remember these folks and can see how someone like Trump appeals to them. Just giving them a "nod" makes them feel " recognized" ( and their plight, angst/anger, resentment etc etc )

They dont care that he is a con, to them, he forwards their message and that is an outlet for them, their frustrations/resentment and good enough to garner their vote.

The irony is he cares nothing for them. They dont care.

It's crazy to me.
I don’t know much about gambling sites, admittedly. But I don’t think this is an indication of the actual outcome or how people will vote.

Last edited:
so from age 9-13, i would spend my 1 mo each summer at my grandparents ( dad side ). Early/mid 80s.

They lived in Stockdale PA- which is about 10 mi south of Charleroi.

What i can tell you is that when that Steel Mill closed ( literally next to Stockdale PA on the Monongahela River ) it threw that area back 80 years.

Shoot, Stockdale PA had like 500 residents. My nickname for local kids was "big city". lol.
My GPs had a small pizza place on the main entry street to town, and i remember working there, folding boxes, and if they did $200/day, that was a good day.

The folks there were just bitter. Resigned to their lives. Very little opportunity for youth ( outside sports ). When my grandad passed in 2003, i flew up and we stayed in Charleroi. It handt changed much ( other than no more Montgomery Ward ). But what struck me was that several kids i knew from my summers there, were still there. But living at home ( now in their late 30s/early 40s ) still. It was just how it had to be. It struck me just how "stuck" this area was - like time froze for them. The rest of the world was evolving, but they werent. And you could feel the bitterness.

Those same people are probably now at the forefront of this article. ( paywalled so i couldnt read ) But i remember these folks and can see how someone like Trump appeals to them. Just giving them a "nod" makes them feel " recognized" ( and their plight, angst/anger, resentment etc etc )

They dont care that he is a con, to them, he forwards their message and that is an outlet for them, their frustrations/resentment and good enough to garner their vote.

The irony is he cares nothing for them. They dont care.

This is why immigrants in this country often fair better in the long term than a lot of native born people. Immigrant when faced with a similar problem will give everything they can to move and hussle and make something happen. A lot native born people have decided that they'd rather live in resentment and recriminations than to take a chance and do something to change their circumstances/life.

This is why immigrants in this country often fair better in the long term than a lot of native born people. Immigrant when faced with a similar problem will give everything they can to move and hussle and make something happen. A lot native born people have decided that they'd rather live in resentment and recriminations than to take a chance and do something to change their circumstances/life.

many were 2nd/3rd gen immigrants ( their parents or gps ) - Stockdale was full of Eastern European surnames- specifically Polish.

MY GF was Ukrainian- belonged to the Slovak Club ( would go on Sunday nights while they played cards/gambled/commiserated lol ), My GM was Greek. ( Manos )

I think some of it was simply parents attempting to give kids what they never had- but in the end, didnt instill the work ethic that lifted them into what was good enough for them to make a living, raise a family.

Gotta blame someone for what ails you- and the government is the easiest target.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
Top Bottom