General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
Reaction score
Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
How do these billionaires get so completely broken? It’s alarming.
For many if not most, great wealth warps your soul, changes your reality, enabling your worst impulses in many cases with impunity. Even with lesser wealth, this will be the reason we will be consumed by Climate Change. Warned for 50 years, collectively locked into our economies, we are more worried about our bank accounts than taking the urgent steps needed to reduce climate change. Proponents of Capitalism, I’m looking at you. 🤔

It sure looks to me like the latest storm track is showing the hurricane passing through the state such that Palm Beach lies along it's dirty right hand edge. Which would have the Atlantic waters being sucked up and surging on top and over the beach just as the hurricane kicked off land and precedes away. A parting wet kiss from Milton so to speak.

It would be uncouth to go into the finer detailed parts and mention the names which makes this post very on topic in this thread.

For many if not most, great wealth warps your soul, changes your reality, enabling your worst impulses in many cases with impunity. Even with lesser wealth, this will be the reason we will be consumed by Climate Change. Warned for 50 years, collectively locked into our economies, we are more worried about our bank accounts than taking the urgent steps needed to reduce climate change. Proponents of Capitalism, I’m looking at you.
I think, and there's a lot of evidence to support my thought, that most billionaires were emotionally and/or mentally diseased long before they became billionaires. The money didn't corrupt them, their corruptness makes them ruthlessly, obsessive-compulsively grab and hoard as much wealth and power as they can.

I think, and there's a lot of evidence to support my thought, that most billionaires were emotionally and/or mentally diseased long before they became billionaires. The money didn't corrupt them, their corruptness makes them ruthlessly, obsessive-compulsively grab and hoard as much wealth and power as they can.
Iirc, there have been psychological studies that show once someone gets beyond a certain point in wealth any increase in wealth does not increase happiness.

For too many, imo, wealth becomes the means of keeping score which is provided by the political power attached to wealth.

Iirc, there have been psychological studies that show once someone gets beyond a certain point in wealth any increase in wealth does not increase happiness.

For too many, imo, wealth becomes the means of keeping score which is provided by the political power attached to wealth.
That's one of the pieces of evidence I base my opinion on. Most billionaires addictively pursue wealth, which is another way of saying obsessive-compulsively. They don't pursue it out of choice, they pursue it because they are emotionally or neurologically incapable of not pursuing it. They can never get enough wealth and power and they will take everything from all of us if we let them.

or learned this

I was particularly angry to learn that Trump sent Abbott Covid tabletop analyzers to Putin. More than one. We waited months to get these at the hospital where I worked at the time. Before we got them all tests had to be sent out to be analyzed, and it made it very difficult to know for sure how many people were sick with Covid.

It made me reflect on how so many of the people who came into the hospital with Covid ended up on a vent, and most of them died. The hospital played a little song if a Covid patient made it to be discharged, because most of them didn’t. When we heard the song in the lab, it cheered us up for a bit.

But yeah, fork Trump for sending these analyzers to Putin instead of to a hospital. Secretly.

In between Donald Trump and his running mate Senator JD Vance spreading misinformation about hurricane relief and lying that FEMA money had gone to undocumented migrants, their campaign called on North Carolina to expand voter access in areas where Hurricane Helene hit disproptionately hard.

Chris LaCivita and Susie Wiles called on Governor Roy Cooper, a Democrat and an ally of Vice President Kamala Harris, and the Republican-controlled state legislature to make sure that voters in a county hit by Helene could vote from their current location rather than their local precinct.

They also asked to be able to dispatch a bipartisan team of election officials to assist voters with requesting absentee ballots and delivering them; allow for Sunday voting; and to allow voters displaced in another county to have a provisional ballot, among other various priorities.

“Swift action from the North Carolina General Assembly and the governor will ensure the people of their state have their voices heard on November 5th,” LaCivita and Wiles wrote.

All of these provisions make sense, given that Hurricane Helene has made it harder for people to cast their ballot. But it also directly contradicts Trump’s regular disavowals of mail-in voting and provisional ballots, as well as his regular calls to only have in-person voting. Just last month in North Carolina, Trump told rallygoers: “I would rather see one-day voting, paper ballots, voter ID, and proof of citizenship, and we have a nice, honest election.”

But it makes sense that the Trump campaign would lobby for expanded voting access in a must-win swing state, particularly in western North Carolina…..

I was particularly angry to learn that Trump sent Abbott Covid tabletop analyzers to Putin. More than one. We waited months to get these at the hospital where I worked at the time. Before we got them all tests had to be sent out to be analyzed, and it made it very difficult to know for sure how many people were sick with Covid.

It made me reflect on how so many of the people who came into the hospital with Covid ended up on a vent, and most of them died. The hospital played a little song if a Covid patient made it to be discharged, because most of them didn’t. When we heard the song in the lab, it cheered us up for a bit.

But yeah, fork Trump for sending these analyzers to Putin instead of to a hospital. Secretly.
Here is what was sent to Putin secretly by Trump. Traitor.

The double good news is that, unlike Trump, Harris will spend almost all of it on her campaign, Congressional campaigns and I've heard they're planning on spending on some state campaigns. I've read they are setting aside some of the money to finance any legal battles they have to wage against any Trump and Republican legal shenanigans. The Harris-Walz campaign has been getting a lot of campaign bang for their buck, so I like them having a billion bucks to campaign with.

To me, it also shows she has a lot more voting support than the polls are showing.

For many if not most, great wealth warps your soul, changes your reality, enabling your worst impulses in many cases with impunity. Even with lesser wealth, this will be the reason we will be consumed by Climate Change. Warned for 50 years, collectively locked into our economies, we are more worried about our bank accounts than taking the urgent steps needed to reduce climate change. Proponents of Capitalism, I’m looking at you. 🤔

But, there is also the huge difference between people who work hard and achieve great wealth, and those who are born into it and have never had to actually work to achieve it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
Top Bottom