General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    US jobs report this am- "crushed" expectations and unemployment ticked down. Market responds.

This will set Trump off on a rant im sure this am.

IMG_3288.jpeg
    FAKE REPORT! FAKE REPORT!!”​

Not his- he just regurgitates Fox

Enjoy THIS thread...3rd video down was moments BEFORE report- all the "experts" were expecting LOWER or EVEN with expectation numbers.

So they then switch to mitigation mode...

Whooops....

here is the video just BEFORE number - LOLOL

He's talking nonsense about real take home pay, because wages have been outpacing inflation for about a year and a half. Before that, inflation was outpacing wages for about 2 years, because inflation had spiked coming out of Covid, but even then wages had been rising at over 4% for over 3 years.

Also, since APR 2021, the lowest month of wage growth was 4.4%. The fact is that real wages are strong under Biden.

Confirmation of what we already knew- Trumps response to ANY disaster was predicated on the STATE in which the disaster happened ( red v blue state ) Specifically to California wildfire and NYC Covid response - in which Trump mentions, BY NAME, Cuomo and make it harder for him.

he simply cannot be POTUS.

Trump's tax policy just worsens the deficit and provides a sugar rush that wears off, and has worse long term benefits to the economy. Furthermore, Trump's economy was horrendous when he left office. The last few Democrats have left great economies, while the last 2 Republicans have left awful economies. That should suggest who's policies are better for the economy.

COVID saved all of that from coming to fruition in my opinion. I know so, because I had a ton of low wage-earning staff complaining to me that they had to pay taxes because we didn't withhold enough taxes. Nope. Your president at the time didn't warn you that those tax cuts came at a price. And it's still happening.

Oklahoma School superintendent opened bids for Bibles to be put in schools. But he had some "requirements" -

this isnt a parody/satire account- this is real.

I would imagine that a lawsuit would be justified by other bible makers or book dealers that don't carry the Greenwood bible, because there is no reason that a bible has to contain those other documents and bound so specifically. Maybe a taxpayer union would also have standing.

As a society we really really need to craft a way of being, a path for young men where they can feel like the hero in their own life.

Now, hardcore feminists and LGBTQ activists would day that we don't owe a damn thing to young white men. Colonist scum that they are.

Maybe we don't, but there's a forkload of them and they can turn an election.

A little something to give them a positive context to apply to life wouldn't be a bad thing.

Maybe stereotypes are the real issue here. Why not just see people for who they are, beyond gender? It's possible to do that.

Yet, American TV shows and movies still depict men as strong breadwinners and heads of families, while women are shown as needing protection. What would you suggest to offer "a positive context" for these portrayals?

Equality isn't just for women; it's for men too. Here, women get 6 months of paid maternity leave, and fathers also get 6 months of paid paternity leave. This gives them valuable time to bond with their newborns, and it's widely appreciated. I have a colleague currently on his third paternity leave in four years, and he loves it. This right is protected by law, and most companies support it, recognizing the positive impact on employees.

it's not that i care what she has to say, it's the fact that it seems to be in defiance of what MAGA is pushing. it's really more about how it makes Donald look than anything else..
    I’m of the opinion Trump wanted her to say it. He’s running away from his previous abortion stances, and this only helps. Yet, it won’t anger the anti-abortionists as much as if he said it.

Maybe stereotypes are the real issue here. Why not just see people for who they are, beyond gender? It's possible to do that.

Yet, American TV shows and movies still depict men as strong breadwinners and heads of families, while women are shown as needing protection. What would you suggest to offer "a positive context" for these portrayals?

Equality isn't just for women; it's for men too. Here, women get 6 months of paid maternity leave, and fathers also get 6 months of paid paternity leave. This gives them valuable time to bond with their newborns, and it's widely appreciated. I have a colleague currently on his third paternity leave in four years, and he loves it. This right is protected by law, and most companies support it, recognizing the positive impact on employees.
    Exploring the topic of how to improve men's self-esteem deserves its own thread. It's only applicable to this thread to the extent that Trump has the edge over Harris with young men because I believe the Republican party is perceived to be more masculine. I think some of the things associated with Republicans that make them seem more masculine is Republicans tend to be more aggressive; they celebrate the gun culture; perhaps some religious, since most religions have women submit to their spouses; perhaps abortion related since women can't have abortions in many cases that the man may want to keep; and perhaps because Republicans promote the military more than Democrats.

American companies would go to war to prevent any of that.

I’m of the opinion Trump wanted her to say it. He’s running away from his previous abortion stances, and this only helps. Yet, it won’t anger the anti-abortionists as much as if he said it.
    I'm of the opinion that it's intentional double-speak. She didn't say "My body, my choice." She said "What does 'My body, my choice' really mean?"

Then there was a link to where you can presumably by her book where she explains that "My body, my choice" has nothing to do with abortion but is more about what type of clothes to wear or something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom